February 2013 Moms

T & P for my mom, please

My mom had a scary day. She has a sore, red, hot patch on the inside of her thigh, it's been there for a few days.  I told her to go to the doctor because I thought it might be a clot.  She saw the doctor and had a bunch of tests and today was sent to the ER for blood thinners.  Apparently the clot is HUGE, from her abdomen to her thigh.  They gave her blood thinners and she has to go back to the clinic every day for more blood thinners and monitoring.  Thank God they caught it - it surely would have killed her if it had broken free and gone anywhere.

Anyways, please send good vibes/prayers/thoughts if you can, that the clot stays put and that she doesn't develop any more!

Re: T & P for my mom, please

• Gftf7Gftf7 member
    Oh my goodness!  I'm not a medical person, but that sounds scary.  Praying for your Mom and her medical team, you and your family.  
  • Oh my goodness, scary! Good vibes going your moms way for sure. *hug*
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad they caught it in time!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad they caught it in time!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That is so scary! I am glad you encouraged her to go in. Huge hugs to you!

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Yikes that is super scary! Bless her.

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

• Thinking positive thoughts!

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Sending T&P your mom's way!

• That is so scary! I hope she recovers very quickly!

• So glad they caught it!! My uncle once had a 3ft long clot in his leg. When they found it, the technician's eyes got all big and she went, "do. not. move." But I think once they find it and are monitoring, things are usually ok.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Thank god they caught it! big hugs and t&ps your way!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That is so scary, but I'm so glad they caught it!  Sending lots of thoughts and prayers!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"