September 2014 Moms

Got it all backwards!

Why do we have to have insomnia now?  I mean seriously we won't sleep when the baby comes.   We should have post-pregnancy insomnia.  At least that would make sense.

Re: Got it all backwards!

• Makes plenty of sense to me because practice makes perfect.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

S14 August Siggy Challenge.....ALL OF THE ALCOHOLS

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not sure about anyone else, but I did have postpartum insomnia.  I think I was so wound up waiting for the baby to cry that I had trouble relaxing even though I was exhausted.  Ugh.
  • I'm not sure about anyone else, but I did have postpartum insomnia.  I think I was so wound up waiting for the baby to cry that I had trouble relaxing even though I was exhausted.  Ugh.
    Yes. This was me. I was so anxious about the baby that I hardly slept at all, even when he was sleeping. It was awful. I hope to be more laid back this time....
    image"funny">imageimage
    Mom of Boys!!

Baby #1 - 3 years old
    Baby #2 - Born 10/1/14

• I know right?????? Ugh! :((
  • I feel your pain! And just as I finally start to drift off, I suddenly have to pee and then I'm back at square one! 
  • No shit I've thought of this many times while lying awake at 3 am. I know some people say that it's your internal clock prepping you for what's to come, but seriously, I think we will get enough of what's to come when it comes.

Additionally I want to plug my husband in the face everytime he uses the excuse of sleeping until noon on the weekends as his "last chance to really sleep before the baby gets here." Eff you hubs - I don't get that last chance, why should you? *RAWR*

:((

• Cw1080Cw1080 member
    I'm usually pretty mellow, but lately I've been having panicsonmia, like I'll wake up for some reason--it's too hot, or I have to pee or whatever--and just start freaking out about everything and never get back to sleep. I'm sure it's probably just stress--we're moving next week to Texas from California. It's been really short notice and there is a lot to do, so I'm a little apprehensive about how it's all going to work out. Still, normal me would totally be able to sleep through this. But pregnant me is a person I am completely unfamiliar with, as it turns out, which is yet another thing to freak out about in the middle of the night!
  • Additionally I want to plug my husband in the face everytime he uses the excuse of sleeping until noon on the weekends as his "last chance to really sleep before the baby gets here." Eff you hubs - I don't get that last chance, why should you? *RAWR*

:((
    My dh looks over a few nights ago and said "I hate trying to get comfortable to go to sleep every night." Really?!? Would you like my foot in your face? Welcome to my entire life.
  • This insomnia is worse than when baby is here. Baby sort of distracts you plus I think the hormones help you deal with no sleep. It isn't fun but it also isn't as bad as right now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"