2nd Trimester

ULTRASOUND at 13 weeks 5 days accurate for gender????

Hi, Well I was at the doctor's today doing an ultrasound and I asked about if she could see the gender. She said it looked like a "girl" but was not sure cause the cord was in between and might be hiding the boy part. She said about 60% chance it is a girl. But when she showed me it looked like a girl with the three lines. Any ideas? Is it too early to tell?

Re: ULTRASOUND at 13 weeks 5 days accurate for gender????

• No.
    Supermom to my beautiful boys Troy Marshall and Griffin Xander 

Living the dream with my wonderful man :)
  • MaebbMaebb member
    In case this is a real question, it's too early to tell the sex (gender too).
  • Loading the player...
  • why is it, all these 'people' that post stuff like this have no other posts or activity...so annoying.
  • Way to early at 13 weeks you just finished your first trimester
  • sarals24 said:

I think there's something the sonogram tech obviously isn't telling you...it's probably a Gremlin. Don't eat after midnight, obviously.

I love this.
    Supermom to my beautiful boys Troy Marshall and Griffin Xander 

Living the dream with my wonderful man :)
  • Thanks, had maternity21 so hope all is well and will know gender.
  • I don't understand why people have to be mean on this board! If you do not like what I am writing then do not say anything!
  • Wow, bunch of uniformed meanies here.  Here ya go, hon.  It's natural to be curious, we all want healthy babies, which goes without saying!

• Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2006 Jun;27(6):619-21.

Fetal gender assignment by first-trimester ultrasound.

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:

Ultrasound determination of fetal sex can benefit decision-making regarding invasive prenatal testing in pregnancies at risk of sex-linked genetic abnormalities. The aim of this study was to assess the accuracy of fetal sex determination by ultrasound at 12-14 weeks of gestation in a large cohort.

METHODS:

Fetal gender assessment by transabdominal ultrasound was performed in 656 singleton pregnancies at 12-14 weeks of gestation. The genital region was examined in the mid-sagittal plane. The angle of the genital tubercle to a horizontal line through the lumbosacral skin surface was measured. The fetus was assigned male gender if the angle was > 30 degrees , and female gender if the genital tubercle was parallel or convergent (<10 degrees ) to the horizontal line. At an intermediate angle of 10-30 degrees the gender was not determined. Crown-rump length (CRL) was measured in all cases.

RESULTS:

Gender assignment was possible in 613 of the 656 (93%) fetuses. Gender identification according to CRL was feasible in 85%, 96% and 97% of the fetuses at gestational ages of 12 to 12 + 3, 12 + 4 to 12 + 6 and 13 to 13 + 6 weeks, respectively. Phenotypic sex was confirmed in 555 newborns. The accuracy of male gender assignment in this group was 99-100% at all ages, and that of female gender assignment was 91.5% at 12 to 12 + 3 weeks, 99% at 12 + 4 to 12 + 6 weeks and 100% at 13 to 13 + 6 weeks.

CONCLUSION:

Prenatal gender assignment by ultrasound has a high accuracy rate at 12-14 weekUltrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2006 Jun;27(6):619-21.
    Fetal gender assignment by first-trimester ultrasound.
    Efrat Z1, Perri T, Ramati E, Tugendreich D, Meizner I.
    Author information
    Abstract
    OBJECTIVE:

Ultrasound determination of fetal sex can benefit decision-making regarding invasive prenatal testing in pregnancies at risk of sex-linked genetic abnormalities. The aim of this study was to assess the accuracy of fetal sex determination by ultrasound at 12-14 weeks of gestation in a large cohort.
    METHODS:

Fetal gender assessment by transabdominal ultrasound was performed in 656 singleton pregnancies at 12-14 weeks of gestation. The genital region was examined in the mid-sagittal plane. The angle of the genital tubercle to a horizontal line through the lumbosacral skin surface was measured. The fetus was assigned male gender if the angle was > 30 degrees , and female gender if the genital tubercle was parallel or convergent (<10 degrees ) to the horizontal line. At an intermediate angle of 10-30 degrees the gender was not determined. Crown-rump length (CRL) was measured in all cases.
    RESULTS:

Gender assignment was possible in 613 of the 656 (93%) fetuses. Gender identification according to CRL was feasible in 85%, 96% and 97% of the fetuses at gestational ages of 12 to 12 + 3, 12 + 4 to 12 + 6 and 13 to 13 + 6 weeks, respectively. Phenotypic sex was confirmed in 555 newborns. The accuracy of male gender assignment in this group was 99-100% at all ages, and that of female gender assignment was 91.5% at 12 to 12 + 3 weeks, 99% at 12 + 4 to 12 + 6 weeks and 100% at 13 to 13 + 6 weeks.
    CONCLUSION:

Prenatal gender assignment by ultrasound has a high accuracy rate at 12-14 week
  • Dani0329Dani0329 member
    edited September 2014
    Wow, bunch of uniformed meanies here.  Here ya go, hon.  It's natural to be curious, we all want healthy babies, which goes without saying!

@mstfd I've got a uniform alright. :)) image

October loves look, Weaky face!!! Haha, love the gif!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm new to the forums but just wanted to say, there are people who do not frequent the forums and may not know what was discussed frequently and perhaps everyone should try to be patient and explain things when they'reincorrect or frowned upon instead of getting angry or assuming its on purpose? I could be wrong its just I've only just begun readingthrough some of the forums and I saw an awful lot of cyber bullying and repetition of insult with little explanation.
  • I'm new to the forums but just wanted to say, there are people who do not frequent the forums and may not know what was discussed frequently and perhaps everyone should try to be patient and explain things when they'reincorrect or frowned upon instead of getting angry or assuming its on purpose? I could be wrong its just I've only just begun readingthrough some of the forums and I saw an awful lot of cyber bullying and repetition of insult with little explanation.

Omg this is not even close to cyberbullying. I wish the WK would quit it with this nonsense.
    :-t

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"