April 2014 Moms

Baby's first fever

Just a little one so far but waaaaaaahhhh! His big sister was sick last weekend so I knew it was coming.
Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby's first fever

• Aww, I hear ya! DS had one a few weeks ago - so not fun :(

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Hope he feels better!
  • Loading the player...
  • That's my worst nightmare! I know he has what his sister had, but he's right in the cusp of the age where they get more worried so I'm still freaked out. Fevers do not get easier to handle with practice, IMO.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hate fevers! DD is the queen of fevers / viruses so I feel like I should be used to it, but every damn time I'm all AHHHHH WHAT IF IT'S MENINGITIS. DS had his first after his 2 mo shots but it was only about 101 and went right down with Tylenol... I'm dreading his first major one!
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • We did call the after hours line just to be sure. I read the dr sears fever page every. Single. Time.
  • My overachiever was born with her first fever. I'm so paranoid that she'll get another that I'm constantly thinking she "feels warm". (As my mother calls it)
  • My sister and I call it hot chicken.
  • Poor bubba :( hoping LO has a speedy recovery and doesn't get any worse. [-O< my son got his first fever at 9 days old :'( it reached 102.8 and he was immediately admitted into the NICU for 4 days. At least you know why your LO is sick, I never knew and doctors decided to say it could be meningitis. Of course I denied the spinal tap because for one, he was too small, and two, they gave him a dose of Tylenol that killed his fever. He still got treated as a meningitis patients and got all the meds, and more meds for potential viruses and diseases. Gosh it was the hardest to watch, I felt so guilty! Being a FTM didn't make it any better :( Good vibes are being sent your way momma!
  • We're getting over a cold right now and DS was running a fever for a few days. It was terrible.

• We did call the after hours line just to be sure. I read the dr sears fever page every. Single. Time.

There is a super helpful section in Baby 411 on fevers that is so dog earred in our copy! The book now automatically opens to that page if you open it. :-S
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • DD2 had a fever at about 11 weeks...it was actually from hand foot and mouth which DD1 gave her. Doc and a nurse that i called both said it was the youngest patient they've ever seen with the virus. I was like great, that makes me feel good :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"