December 2013 Moms

Working moms of babies who go to sleep early...what is your routine?

Seriously...tell me..what is your daily schedule? My LO still won't go to sleep until 11pm. I'm wondering if I can adjust my schedule to do something differently to encourage an earlier sleep time. He won't go to sleep unless he's had 8 feedings...here's our routine:

He wakes up: 5:30-6am
Nurse
Cereal: 7am
Arrives to daycare: 8,8:30am
5.5 oz BM Bottle: 9, 1, 3, 4:30
Nap 9-10am and 1:30-3pm
Pick-up from daycare: 5:15
Nurse at 6:30
Dinner at 7:30
Nurse at 8:30, 9:30, and lately 10:30pm

Re: Working moms of babies who go to sleep early...what is your routine?

• I'm a teacher home for the summer but here was our schedule up to June and will be in 2 short weeks again.

6:45- wake LO to dress and nurse
    7:20- leave with daddy for daycare
    8:00- arrive at daycare
    Daycare bottles around 9:30, 12:30, 3:30- 4 oz each. Solids (baby led weaning) around 1pm.
    4:30- pick up at daycare nurse in lactation room
    5:10- home
    Prep bottles, play, walk the dog
    6:30- nurse
    7:00- dinner (baby led weaning)
    7:30- bath and ready for bed
    7:45- books
    8:00- nurse (both breasts)

About 7 sessions which usually meant a night time wake up. However we did sleep training in June so fingers crossed he will continue to sleep through.

Can you try both breasts at night time to eliminate the 3 feeds each hour leading up to bed time? Seems like a big gap between the 9 am bottle and the 1 pm bottle. Maybe get another in there? 5.5 oz seems like a big bottle. I go by kellymom saying 1 to 1.5 oz per hour away. About 9 hours for you so 9 to 13.5 oz. LO is getting 22 oz which seems high. Maybe he transfers less milk at night because if the large bottles throughout the day?
  • RoseVARoseVA member
    mhc11 said:
    This is pretty much our schedule: 7:30-8:00 am wake and nurse 9:00 am solids 10:00 am nurse and nap (45 mins nap) 11:00 am wake 12:00 pm solids 1:00 pm nurse and nap (45 min nap) 2:00 pm wake 4:30 pm nurse & nap (20-45 min nap) 5:00-5:15 pm wake 7:00 pm bath, lotion, massage, and nurse 7:30 pm usually asleep
    Wow! Do you work out of the home?
  • Loading the player...
  • RoseVARoseVA member
    I'm a teacher home for the summer but here was our schedule up to June and will be in 2 short weeks again. 6:45- wake LO to dress and nurse 7:20- leave with daddy for daycare 8:00- arrive at daycare Daycare bottles around 9:30, 12:30, 3:30- 4 oz each. Solids (baby led weaning) around 1pm. 4:30- pick up at daycare nurse in lactation room 5:10- home Prep bottles, play, walk the dog 6:30- nurse 7:00- dinner (baby led weaning) 7:30- bath and ready for bed 7:45- books 8:00- nurse (both breasts) About 7 sessions which usually meant a night time wake up. However we did sleep training in June so fingers crossed he will continue to sleep through. Can you try both breasts at night time to eliminate the 3 feeds each hour leading up to bed time? Seems like a big gap between the 9 am bottle and the 1 pm bottle. Maybe get another in there? 5.5 oz seems like a big bottle. I go by kellymom saying 1 to 1.5 oz per hour away. About 9 hours for you so 9 to 13.5 oz. LO is getting 22 oz which seems high. Maybe he transfers less milk at night because if the large bottles throughout the day?
    The 5.5 oz bottle has been an ongoing battle with the DCP. She is constantly demanding more and more milk which I'm struggling to pump that much at work all day. I've insisted he doesn't need THAT much milk but she's been a complete PITA about it and I'm on waitlists to leave and get another DCP. She actually splits his 5.5 oz bottle in the morning and divides for a feeding at 11am into a clean bottle. I should have mentioned that one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"