July 2013 Moms

What do you think when...

you look at a pic of LO as a newborn and then see LO now, with all new abilities and growing in so many ways?

I am overwhelmed at how amazing it is... that this seemingly boring little creature is now so full of personality and new abilities every day.  

Re: What do you think when...

• @primrosemama, when did you change your avatar?  Who is that?  Is it you and Abby???
  • Loading the player...
  • I wanna cry... :((
  • Also, I totally have that feeling. Sometimes I will just sit back and watch Zoe play and see what she does and just think about how amazing it is to watch her learn and grow. It is truly an amazing and special thing.
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • MRadsMRads member
    And have you seen this? My thoughts exactly little one.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/briantron/babies-cant-stay-tiny-forever-duh?s=mobile

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • I get all the feelings. I can't believe how far we have come.
  • I miss my sweet little boring perfect newborn but I love my spunky brave strong one year old!
  • I have loved every minute. I loved him as a NB, I love him even more. I can't imagine how much more I will love him the more he becomes his own person and develops into the person he'll become down the road. OMG I'm getting the sads, you guys.

And @cuterusaurus‌ >:D<
  • Paging @gutsymama‌ cause this has to be even more intense for you! Love ya mama!
  • It really is amazing.  
    I think back to one night a year ago... I was crying because I just couldn't believe how lucky I was to have this perfect little girl falling asleep on my chest.  
    And now I have this goofy little lady who gives me hugs and kisses, who smiles when she sees me, who wants me when she's sad.  And I wonder how it happened so fast!  These tiny little changes that happened day by day.  I am just so grateful, and also so excited to learn even more about this amazing little person, and have more experiences together.  
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • @cuterusaurus‌ - @primrosemamas avatar is the gilmore girls. Pretend those gs are capitalized. Also big hugs for you.

I'll be back with my thoughts. Putting my 1 year old to bed. *sniff

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just feel like the year went by so fast and DD did everything faster then DS. She is running now. It is just crazy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • haddocky said:

Whoa, it's been an amazing year. That's what I think... I can't get enough of him and his personality! I loved him as NB and I love him a little more every.single.day. He's changed so much and he's become his own little man and it's so damn special. I think I'm the luckiest person in the world and I'm sad that I can only catch a glimmer into his NB days nowadays but I'm happy that I have a happy and healthy one year old!

@cuterusaurus‌ >:D<

Sounds about right. I usually have a tear or two a few times a week, happy tears. We must have done something right in our lives, ladies. We are so privileged to be moms to these beautiful babies.

• I am late to this party and to answer accurately would take a novel, but -- I am in awe every single day of how resilient and amazing my kid is. And I am so incredibly proud of him for being strong and brave and happy in spite of everything. 

@cuterusaurus YGPM when I get to the laptop. 
    FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • @haddocky, I wish I could be more like you.
  • Aside from having similar feelings in regards to Jadzia...

I think how awesome it is that some of us have "known" each other for almost 2 years :)  All the ups, downs, drama, laughs, and everything in between.  The ladies we lost touch with and all the new friends we added along the way :)

• I finally got down to PMing you just a little bit ago -- it's kind of heavy, so feel free to lighten it up. I won't be offended :) And also, it is totally crazy that some of us have known each other for 2 years now....I have significantly stronger friendships via TB than I have IRL, and maybe that's sad, but it gets me through. So  :x to all the J13 mamas
    FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • This thread reminds me of this video. Have you guys seen it? A little girl gets hysterical over her baby brother growing up.

https://www.people.com/article/sadie-miller-doesnt-want-brother-grow-up
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"