May 2014 Moms
Options

Disposable Diaper Brands

Now that we have all had some time to try out diapers. What is your preferred brand for disposable diapers? Pampers, Huggies, Luv's, Target??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Disposable Diaper Brands

• Options
    Huggies but more so because that's what MIL was buying us so we just stuck with them.
  • Options
    ns1ns1 member
    We go reallllly cheap and do Wal-Mart's Parent's Choice brand. The cheapest I've found and we've had fewer blowouts than we did with my daughter in Pampers.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use pampers but I haven't really noticed much of a difference between any brands I've tried. I collect the pampers points ;)
  • Options
    Seventh Generation! So much better on baby's skin and better for the environment. :)
      BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    I like Luvs and they are way cheaper then pampers and even slightly cheaper than Target brand. DD had a pampers on the other night and woke up soaked in pee, never happens with the Luvs.
  • Options
    Pampers swaddlers which we order off of amazon!
  • Options
    Huggies, but only because we get them for free from my MIL's job (she works for a huge paper company that makes diapers). We had a lot of leaks at night, but figured out that if we size up for bedtime the leaks stopped.
  • Options
    Target. When they go on sale they post coupons too, so further discount - which is a lot of us in Canada!
  • Options
    Luvs! We do subscribe and save on amazon and the diapers have been great for us.
  • Options
    Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive are my very favorite but I could never justify spending that kind of money when Luvs work just as well for us, if not better. DS has been in Luvs for over 2 and a half years.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    ltay1982 said:

Pampers swaddlers which we order off of amazon!

This.

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image

• Options
    We have a bunch of different brands from our raffle at the shower. I like pampers the best if money wasn't a factor. We will probably buy Luvs when we run out. They don't leak but I don't like the way they feel (they sound like crunching paper) and I notice the gel is so much thicker after LO pees. His diaper will look so full so I change it only to find it is very light.
  • Options
    Costco Kirkland here. Haven't priced them out though. I received a box as a gift and ended up really liking them.
  • Options
    lrmrtnlrmrtn member
    We got a bunch of different ones as gifts and so far I like Pampers the best, both baby dry and swaddlers. Next up is Target which my SIL swears by after having 4 kids. I hope I like them because I can't justify the cost of Pampers.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We use Pamper's Swaddlers, but I do eventually want to switch to a cheaper brand.
  • Options
    When we use disposables (for weekends away at grandparents' houses) we go with Up & Up aka Target brand. Last time I had to buy some when my mom took Colin for the night they were on sale for $10 a pack! They are half the price of Pampers and Huggies and we've had minimal issues.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    I prefer Pampers but also like Target diapers. We typically use Pampers at home and Target at daycare.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Options
    Huggies Snug & Dry are my fave. I plan on trying Honest Company too. Maybe I'll switch to Up & Up eventually.
  • Options
    Pampers swaddlers or Huggies. Target brand sucks balls and leaks everywhere. We have a subscription to target for pampers that I think we will stick with
  • Options
    Weve had 3 blow outs in pampers. I like white cloud at Wal-Mart
    Anniversary 

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Bought Target brand, huge mistake! Scratchy and they smell awful when they get wet! Never again! Pampers Swaddlers for the win!
  • Options
    rc525rc525 member
    Whatever is the cheapest ;).  But I prefer the Pampers Swaddlers, but for the price difference, Luvs and Target brand has worked just as well.  We've had blow outs in all brands, so that hasn't made a difference in preference.  Pampers seems to give us the least instance of rash, and I like how soft they are.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We've used target luvs Huggies natural and bo th pampers and I prefer huggiea naturals. May try seventh generation tho. Luvs weren't bad just didn't like the fact they didn't have the wet indicator strip like huggiea and pampers.
  • Options

Target. When they go on sale they post coupons too, so further discount - which is a lot of us in Canada!

Word.

In the states you can stack the rebate they do (ie buy two, get a $10 gc), cartwheel, paper target and manufacturers coupons, and their text savings. The gc has to be used on a different order (I just do my stuff as two orders that day), but you can still pack in the savings.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    Crunchy mom here so mostly cloth but for disposables - Earth's best now though started in Pampers swaddlers sensitive until she was big enough for earth's best size 1 because Amazon didn't have earths best newborn size. Used subscribe and save to get them 20% off. Though don't want to pay for prime and the free trial I got with Amazon mom signup runs out in a few days - sadness! So I think no more 20% off and I wasn't able to order size 3 to stash away -they said there was some problem to temporarily weren't selling them. Oh well.

The earth's best aren't the softest and definitely don't cover up any odors but she doesn't seem to mind how they feel and they fit her well. And not covering odors is OK since if she is wet or dirty id rather know and change her. Plus I think less chemicals and more ecofriendly is important. And I kindof want disposables to be a little on the expensive side for us to try to make dh more pro-cloth than he currently is.
    Me: 39  DH: 44  together since 2000 married 9/2004 TTC #1 since 2/2012
    BFP #1 6/5/2012  m/c 6/15/2012 about 5w3d   BFP #2 6/?/2013 m/c 7/1/2013 5w 3d
    BFP #3 8/25/2013  EDD 5/7/2014    DD A. born 5/8/2014!!  Love!!!!
  • Options
    I'm a Pampers snob, but I do also like Up&Up, I only use Pampers because I get a discount through Amazon Prime/Mom, otherwise, I'd use Up&Up.

imageimageimage

• Options
    Up&Up (Target brand) seemed to give me the least amount of blowouts. They tend to run a little big for the size, too. Didn't like BRU. Kirkland was ok, but ran small. I like the fit of Huggies. Love Pampers Baby Dry for nighttime.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The target ones have her a terrible diaper rash so we have just stuck with pampers. I have been stocking up using coupons from BRU and CVS. I use the baby dry and swaddlers. Might give huggies or luvs a try, see how the do on her bum.

My intention was to cloth diaper but she never fit well in the newborn ones and is too small for my next sized ones right now. We are also on major water restrictions so doing lots of extra laundry isn't really an option. I would like to give it another shot in the future.
  • Options
    Costco Kirkland brand as well. We have never had a blowout with them and they have the color change strip that we like. Not to mention they go on sale a lot we stocked up this last month when they were 5 dollars off!
  • Options
    I'm really liking target's diapers. Otherwise, pampers

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Options
    britabbritab member
    Target! Between cartelwheel, coupons and sales, we get great deals!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    jsquaree said:

Huggies Snug n Dry. We had been using Pampers Swaddlers, but LO hates wet diapers and we were changing him every 20 minutes. DH picked some up on a whim as an overnight diaper and we kept using them! HATE Huggies wipes, though. Pampers all the way for wipes.

Totally agree on the huggies wipes, the worst! They tear coming out of the container. Pampers wipes are great. Costco Kirkland wipes are also great.

I do use cloth wipes often at home, keep them in the warmer with a little soapy water. The clean more poop then disposable wipes!
  • Options
    Anything rectangular shaped which is usually the cheap brands. He has no booty and chicken legs. Sadly my nearly 16# kid doesn't fit into my o/s cloth diapers yet- boo!
  • Options
    We're still using the diapers from my raffle at my shower. So far we have used, huggies snuggle, huggies snug and dry, pampers swaddlers, pampers sensitives, luvs, and another brand I have no idea who makes it. So far I liked luvs and huggies snug and dry the best. But I like that pampers seem to be a bit bigger. So when it comes time to buy diapers we'll probably buy luvs or target.
  • Options
    Pampers, with Target as a close second (they are wayyyy cheaper and seem to work just as well, but retain a pee smell and aren't as soft).

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Options

Pampers, with Target as a close second (they are wayyyy cheaper and seem to work just as well, but retain a pee smell and aren't as soft).

I second this. We used Target for the first time last night and I was impressed that he had no leaks for 12 hours. But he stunk! And they aren't as soft. And I agree with a PP that Huggies wipes are horrible. They keep ripping when pulling them out.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lizjlewin said:

jsquaree said:

Huggies Snug n Dry. We had been using Pampers Swaddlers, but LO hates wet diapers and we were changing him every 20 minutes. DH picked some up on a whim as an overnight diaper and we kept using them! HATE Huggies wipes, though. Pampers all the way for wipes.

Totally agree on the huggies wipes, the worst! They tear coming out of the container. Pampers wipes are great. Costco Kirkland wipes are also great.

I do use cloth wipes often at home, keep them in the warmer with a little soapy water. The clean more poop then disposable wipes!
    I can't stand Pampers wipes. They're too wet and too smooth for my liking. They don't clean as well as other brands and give my toddler a rash. And the sensitive ones smell gross to me.

I've used pretty much every brand out there by now, and the Costco Kirkland wipes are my absolute favorite for diaper changes. They're huge and sturdy and they remove sticky toddler poop like nobody's business. Huggies Soft Skin with shea butter are my favorite for hands and face. I even keep a box in my own bathroom.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    Have always used pampers swaddlers. Only a couple blowouts and no urine leaks!! And I haven't once had to use diaper cream on LO and he's 12 weeks old. Eventually may switch to cheaper but not now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"