Trying to Get Pregnant

opk question!

OK so im new to opk testing..What does it mean when for the last 3 days,  ive gotten a positive in the morning, afternoon and negative at night?! When will i ovulate if they are still positive?! Should i go just off of my first day of positives?!

Re: opk question!

• the top one is sunday night, and bottom was monday morning..Maybe i ovulated yesterday (tuesday)? I guess no matter when i ovulated (if i ovulated) it wouldnt matter bc me and hubby have been BD'ing every night since CD9.
    opk.jpg 22.6K
  • dmsmthdmsmth member
    I used to have up to 3 days of positive tests, now I have less than one.  Are you holding your pee long enough in the evening? 

You really won't 100% know you ovulate until after you ovulate, assuming you are temping as well.  Some woman get multiple lh surges before actually ovulating.
    m/c April '08
    DD#1 born June '09
    DD#2 born April '11
    TTC #3 as of July '14

My Ovulation Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • thanks..if i still had my surge wouldnt it stay positive when i tested at night too? Bc its been + in the AM, + in the afternoon, and - at night..Maybe my urine is jsut less concentrated at night? lol these things drive me crazy!
  • Ok, ill def go read that right now. Thanks for the fast responses! I haven't started temping yet..Might try next cyle..I'm so consumed with the opks that i think temping might add more stress..or maybe will will relive the stress. Idk!
  • Oh, and also..What are your opinions on first morning urine? Ive been using that and its been positive..But my second morning urine at 2 pm has also been positive too..
  • Thanks so much! Just read the newbie blog..Geez this site is so much better than baby center and what to expect! Ill go make my intro and out a profle pic up!
  • All the instructions I have ever read say that you should consider the FIRST positive to indicate you will ovulate within the 12-48 hour window.  I.e. any subsequent days of positives are not telling you anything new. (Unless you don't ovulate the first time, keep using the OPKs and it becomes a second surge but that is another story altogether). 

Obviously, it is going to be different for everyone, but I would say you should begin to have sex every day or every other day, based on you and your partner's preference) once you get the first positive.  

TTC#1 since May 2012. Low AMH, High FSH.
    Factor II (Prothrombin) Mutation
    TTGP Award Best PIP 2013 & 2014

My Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"