September 2012 Moms
Options

Work question

If you work outside the home, do you regularly brush your teeth at work?
(Not talking about the day of a dentist appointment or anything- just your average day.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Work question

• Options
    linzeek44 said:
    If you work outside the home, do you regularly brush your teeth at work? (Not talking about the day of a dentist appointment or anything- just your average day.)
    No. Never and I find it really gross when someone brushes in the work bathroom. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    I would much rather see someone brushing their teeth than smell their bad breath. I'm all for it.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    FFWC: I brush my teeth after lunch every day.  In the work bathroom.  
    I realize it's weird, so I always go to the bathroom down by my CNC classrooms because there's no women in that area so I'm always alone. :-)

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    I would have never thought to do it at work. Just like my makeup and deodorant, which gets done at home.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    I would have never thought to do it at work. Just like my makeup and deodorant, which gets done at home.
    I don't do any of those either, but typically for lunch i'm eating more than just toast and fruit, so I always worry that my breath could be smelly, which I don't want when meeting with students in the afternoon.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    No. I do have some toothpaste and a toothbrush in my desk should I ever forget in the morning. Thankfully, it hasn't happened yet. And I don't brush after lunch either.
  • Options

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    I don't work outside the home and don't brush my teeth during the day. In the morning and at night are all I do.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    linzeek44 said:
    If you work outside the home, do you regularly brush your teeth at work? (Not talking about the day of a dentist appointment or anything- just your average day.)
    Why is that gross, @Flamingemu? I used to brush them mid-day all the time bc I frequently met with people after lunch. Now, I'm a little more lax since I'm usually office-based, and it's not like I eat a clove of garlic at noon.

• Options
    Nope, I never do.
  • Options
    I did, but our bathrooms were private. I also keep water, a toothbrush and toothpaste in my car. Brushing my teeth is always my first attempt to stop nausea.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    melody921 said:
    linzeek44 said:
    Why is that gross, @Flamingemu? I used to brush them mid-day all the time bc I frequently met with people after lunch. Now, I'm a little more lax since I'm usually office-based, and it's not like I eat a clove of garlic at noon.
    I have a few reasons, but I am also a weirdo and have issues with the water here. 
    1 - DC water is lacking in cleanliness
    2 - Someone brushing while someone else is pooping gives me the heebie jeebies
    3 - The amount of germs on our sinks would prevent me from putting my toothbrush down, how do you rinse without putting the gross DC water in your mouth
    4 - Pooping again - ha

When I walk in to use the restroom and see someone's toothbrush there, I just get grossed out. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    I keep a tooth brush and paste in a small bag in a closet at school(along with deodorant, extra feminine products, Advil or Tylenol, etc) If I feel I ate something garlicky or spinach-based then, yes I'd brush. Since
    I talk in front of kids & random parents after school, I like to be prepared. I have a sink in my classroom.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Only if I have a dentist appointment during the day and can't go home first. Then, yes, I'll brush my teeth before the appointment.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Options
    I have always found it a bit strange to brush your teeth at work; but to each their own.  I will admit I ave a toothbrush and travel toothpaste in my purse but that is more less for the times after i have thrown up.  Which with chronic daily migraines, is way more often that i would care for.  

What does bother me a bit is the women who are in there putting on full faces of makeup and using curling irons.  Sometimes people need to do their business and audiences are not appreciated.
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    On a normal day, no.  But if I was home, I don't think I would brush my teeth mid-day anyway.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    This is all very interesting to me. I feel like every day I see someone different brushing in the bathroom and I was wondering if it was becoming the new thing. haha.

• Options
    I know some people that like to brush after breakfast.  I probably wouldn't think anything of it unless they were making a mess.  Plus, I couldn't do it if someone did a number 2 in the bathroom either.  Gag.  Lol
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"