November 2014 Moms

Co-Ed baby showers

We are having a co-Ed shower thrown for us but need to decide on the guest list. Do plus ones get invited to something like this? We have several friends in long-term relationships where we don't know their partners very well. This is mainly an issue for work friends. I just don't know whether to include them. Thoughts?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Co-Ed baby showers

• I would say invite tHem, we are doing a co-ed as well and I plan a plus one for everyone for the most part.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in the same boat with two people on our list and leaning towards just inviting them. If I knew they had a SO I'd make it a plus one. But I know one of the two doesn't understand/respect what a plus one for a SO means. I'd really rather not have a complete stranger that could be someone they have only gone on a few dates with at our shower...

As for work friends, it can be a great opportunity to meet their SO.
  • I would invite them. When I hear "co-ed baby shower" I don't think a formal sit-down party (like a wedding), rather a more casual affair. 

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We are doing a coed party and allowing plus ones! Makes for a good time since everyone will be meeting for the first time, nice to have a significant other with them.
  • I would invite the significant others of those who have them, but I personally would not issue a plus one to singles, mostly because I can't imagine anyone possibly wanting to go to a baby shower as a date.
  • MrsLillyGMrsLillyG member
    edited July 2014

I would invite anyone's other half whether you know them or not, whether they have been together for 50 years or 50 days.  Are you hosting it?  If you aren't I would check on the guest limit the host has set.

ETA: I would never go to a co-ed party where my H wasn't welcome.

N14 mommy to be :)

My favorites: husband, chocolate.

• Thanks for all your responses! I'm not hosting the party, my MIL is. Her house isn't that big so while she didn't set a guest limit I honestly just feel like this will be a total debacle.

I am fairly new to the area but my DH grew up here. As a result, my only friends here are colleagues and he has a zillion friends who grew up here and never left.

No matter what I'm going to feel awkward as hell at the party. I'm beginning to feel like I will not invite anyone, let DH invite whoever, and just show up.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"