April 2014 Moms
Options

Toss the fore milk?

I can't even believe I'm asking but I just pumped both sides and got literally what looks like cloudy water from one and thick BM from the other. Now I know I will get thicker milk if I pump longer on the thin side as it's fore milk- but should I keep the thin milk to use for a bottle? Or is it not helpful? Should I mix the two? Oh btw I got zero sleep last night so if there is a clear answer, forgive me as I have no brain power whatsoever.

Re: Toss the fore milk?

• Options
    I mix them too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am also in the mix them camp.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I agree with PP's. mix them.

I usually mix mine, but sometimes he gets a bottle with just hind milk or just foremilk . like if I nurse him and then pumped the next bottle might end up being all hind milk, or if I wait a long time to pump I'll fill the pump with foremilk before any hindmilk makes an appearance so I just divvy it up into his smaller bottles and keep pumping. not a big deal. but when I can, I mix.

• Options
    hlm184hlm184 member
    I usually mix them. Foremilk is important but too much can make them gassy.
    Hmm maybe this is why we've been having trouble?  LO is a snacker.   :-?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I mix, too.
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Options
    I mix as well.

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • Options
    I had the same problem and was overly producing. I did not think to mix them for I didn't know about hind milk/fore milk. LO was super fussy and would not poop. So we tried formula and that seemed to work for her. LO got 6wks of BM so atleast she got some.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"