November 2014 Moms

Apparently my mom has hit a new form of crazy LOL

Both of my brothers wives have given birth in the past 2 years.  I have seen my mom go a little crazy with buying stuff and being all Grandma.  Which is so fun to watch.  But it seems like she has hit a new form of crazy with me.  Now don't get me wrong I love my mom and this all makes me laugh.  She has been sending me ideas of different ways to spell our DD's name.  We are going with Riley so almost everyday I get a message that has a new way to spell it.  I asked my dad (since we work at the same place) if she hates the name we picked or just doesn't like the way we are spelling it.  He said no that she has hit a new form of crazy.  They just bought a new house so she hasn't started buying stuff until now and he said that she is starting to buy and hoard a bunch of stuff.  Now I completely knew things would be different with me when I got pregnant then it was when my SIL's where pregnant because I'm the only girl and i'm also the youngest.  So it's quite fun to see my mom in this new light. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker

Re: Apparently my mom has hit a new form of crazy LOL

• Becks517 said:
    Haha I love the crazy grandmas! I was just thinking this morning that my mom would already be going nuts buying me baby stuff if she were still here. Instead my dad is like "So uh, are you gonna give me a list or something of stuff to buy you?"
    Awww, your dad sounds sweet!

I'm trying to stress to the grandmas that there are plenty of gift buying opportunities.  My shower is in September, Baby is due in November, then there's Christmas...no need to go super crazy all at once.
    And I'm trying to gently remind them that we are moving in March so we don't need EVERYTHING now.  The less to move, the better. 

• Loading the player...
  • Moms are funny. My mom has a grandson already, but my brother and SIL only had one month's notice before he was born and came to live with them (he was adopted). I think she's almost overwhelmed by all the time she has to prepare for this baby. We're trying to invite her to participate in harmless ways. She met us at IKEA yesterday while we bought the furniture we had picked out, and she picked up a soft book and two stuffed rattles shaped like cats for the baby. She lives three hours away, so the distance is a little hard on her even though it helps us with making our own decisions and having a little independence.

We don't know if we're having a boy or a girl, and H and I are struggling to agree on names (we secretly picked them out yesterday after a months-long battle), so she's staying out of that fight. She's starting to pick up on how independent we would like to be, and she has really adjusted her mentality. When she first found out we were pregnant, she told me she would have an emergency bag ready so that she could race to the hospital 3 hours away when I went into labor. After learning that I want a more quiet affair with just H and a doula, she asked, "Do you want me to come see you at any point when you're in the hospital? She's being great. I'm really grateful for how open she is to what we want.

image      image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My mom started knitting up a crazy storm with my first pregnancy and I have a slight suspicion she is doing the same this time around... I fear I'll have like 20 blankets but then I'm also grateful because my children will have something that their grandma made for them that they can keep forever.
    Lucky (and then not so lucky because I miss her) for me my mom lives across the country from us so she is not able to go completely crazy being so far away but she'll make up for it I'm sure when we go visit for Labor Day and when she comes for the birth!!

Oh well... what can you do?
    :)
    I wonder what kind of crazy grandma I will be...!?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• Moms are funny. My mom has a grandson already, but my brother and SIL only had one month's notice before he was born and came to live with them (he was adopted). I think she's almost overwhelmed by all the time she has to prepare for this baby. We're trying to invite her to participate in harmless ways. She met us at IKEA yesterday while we bought the furniture we had picked out, and she picked up a soft book and two stuffed rattles shaped like cats for the baby. She lives three hours away, so the distance is a little hard on her even though it helps us with making our own decisions and having a little independence.

We don't know if we're having a boy or a girl, and H and I are struggling to agree on names (we secretly picked them out yesterday after a months-long battle), so she's staying out of that fight. She's starting to pick up on how independent we would like to be, and she has really adjusted her mentality. When she first found out we were pregnant, she told me she would have an emergency bag ready so that she could race to the hospital 3 hours away when I went into labor. After learning that I want a more quiet affair with just H and a doula, she asked, "Do you want me to come see you at any point when you're in the hospital? She's being great. I'm really grateful for how open she is to what we want.
    Ohhh, I want to know what you picked! 

That is great that your mom is respecting your wishes.  My mom is doing the same.  My MIL (her first grandbaby) is a bit more anxious and has more of an "I'm becoming a grandma!!!" attitude rather than recognizing that it's not all about her becoming a gma, but more about DH and I becoming parents.  I really am nervous that she's not going to respect our wishes but DH said he has no problems putting her in her place and FIL seems to "get it".  Also, my sister said she'll be the "regulator", haha. 

• @missnacholover OH my MIL is driving me pretty nuts as well she will be a first time grandma so she has gone crazy and her crazy has annoyed me. She told me and H that we have to get a better bed for our guest room before baby so when she baby sits she has a place to sleep.  This coming from a women who sleeps on her couch at her own house LOL

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @missnacholover, you have a PM!

image      image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My family was the same way with my first & now with my second! I will say it doesn't happen nearly as often this time around. Lol
  • I'm glad you're taking all the crazy so well. At least you understand that it's a sign that your mom love you.

My DH's aunt FB messages me a list of about 7 names a day... they're all pretty terrible.

Pregnancy Ticker

• That is funny and also sweet, your daughter is going to mean a lot to her since she's coming straight from you.

I keep getting boxes and boxes of newborn clothes from my MIL...I'm like lady STOP SHOPPING or at least get us some BIGGER SIZES.

She also got me a Vera bradley diaper bag YEESH that is not my style. To me thats a personal purchase and something I have been looking forward to buying for myself. When I finally found the PERFECT one (it's Mara Hoffman but on sale), FI goes "you dont need that my mom got one for you and what's the point it's going to be filled with poopy diapers"

True, but I gotta carry a bag around all day every day I want to LOOooVE it
    BABY GIRL, 11-11-14 

• I don't have crazy grandmas on either side. MIL is 80 and not super healthy. She's excited, but this isn't her first rodeo. She has great grandbabies running around. My mom is great, but is not the type to buy stuff or offer advice without a specific invitation from me.

In a way is nice, but I kinda also wish I had a little crazy to deal with ;-) I can't think of the last time either one of them even asked me about the baby.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think it's nice when mothers get that way because I know it stems from love. My mom is very happy about me having a baby girl and she talks about it everyday. She wants to buy all the clothes. She's also helping us financially with getting stuff, which we never ask for, but absolutely appreciate. I think we will have make sure both DH's mom and my mom don't spoil our daughter too much cause I'm sure that's where we're headed.
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFruit Ticker image image
  • my mom has totally gone off the deep end. she has nicknamed the baby 'BBC' baby boy last name initial. she'll say BBC in conversation like it's his real name, so ridiculous. MIL is just as crazy but i can tell she's trying to reign it in.
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Haha, sounds like my MIL.  She asked DH if we wanted name suggestions.  He said no and she gave some anyway.  D'oh.

I, unlike you, get annoyed by it.  I am repeating the mantra "The excitement comes from a place of love."  haha.

I need to remember this mantra!!
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"