July 2014 Moms

07/30 First World Problem Wednesday

Re: 07/30 First World Problem Wednesday

• I'm so tired & ready to go back to sleep. But I'm in the recliner & my memory foam mattress bed is all the way on the other end of our house.

It's bad when you're too lazy to walk to your bed. (:|

• My baby, who normally sleeps until 8 am, woke up at 5:45. Yawn
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sick and want soup.
    The brand of soup I like is only carried at a store that's having supply issues right now.

• We are doing family/NB pics. I feel like I have boobs down to my knees and look like a mess. We have no pics of the 3 of us, so these are important to me.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• emeekemeek member
    i need to go to the store but the idea of trying to get 2 kids in the car seems like a lot of work and im tired
  • We are doing family/NB pics. I feel like I have boobs down to my knees and look like a mess. We have no pics of the 3 of us, so these are important to me.

I just realized I forgot mascara. Stupid blonde eyelashes.

• Ekg688Ekg688 member
    I have so many errands to run, including stop by work for everyone to meet DD. I want to do everything in one swoop but my boss is off today and will be pissed if she doesn't meet DD first.

Also my disability hasn't kicked in yet and I have NO money. Ugh so annoying!
  • We bought a new truck so we had a big family vehicle in addition to my jeep. I had 1/8th of a tank of gas and I put $50 in and only have a half tank now. And it has to be super unleaded. Stupid huge gas tank.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I have an amazing, lovely car which is the perfect size, has a rearview camera and is so super gas-efficient that my OH's gas allowance from work will more than cover all the gas we use in it.

All of a sudden, the radio eats battery so I can't sing in the car any more :(
  • Csltdk said:
    Today was the dreadful day I had to take responsibility over the car litter again.

Booooooooo. I'm not addressing this chore at all.

• My boobs hurt.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Also, we have 4 cars at our house (we have 4 adults here, we're not car-hoarders) but they're all in use/one's at the mechanic's so I can't get to the doctor or get groceries :( 
  • We need a children's hospital on the west side of this metropolis...It is ridiculous to expect one to take their child to the ER an hour and a half away when time might be of the essence.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I sweated through the photos. So bad that mister said "we will have our own awkward family photo submission"

Ugh.

• LO peed through one of my favorite cloth diapers in 15 minutes. I wanted him to wear it longer!

• BPaws said:
    @Hoshikitsune‌ I don't know if it's the same in the US, but in Canada if there is a medical concern with a child, we can go to any hospital. I sure hope your LO is ok!
    Thankfully she is and we are very happy she is.  Sadly where I am located the only hospital that will treat a 10 day old is that far away...no other ER would see her.

I hope we don't have a scare like that again.  Thank you so much for your concern, I do so appreciate it.
  • @Hoshikitsune - where do you live that a hospital won't treat a 10 day old?  What is this "metropolis" you speak of?
    Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @bpaws :  Thank you...we were speeding to no end with hazards on just praying we would get lights on us.  I have never been so terrified in my life...but it is just one of those thing you gotta go through as a FTM I guess.

@milestre : I had called the pediatrician and they said the only hospital equipped to deal with the breathing issues was Scottish Rite and to go asap.  So we did.  I hope your LO is ok, but that is good information to know, as I did not know that.

@knittylady :  Atlanta...we live fairly far out of Atlanta as to where it takes an hour just to get into the outskirts of the city.

@pintsizemama15 :  I called the pediatrician and Scottish Rite is where they told me to take her for her breathing issues as no other hospital was equipped to deal with it.  I didn't know I could take her to the local and they could transport her.  I have a lot to learn as a FTM and when to panic and when to not.  I have never had to deal with any of this before much less go to the ER for myself.  Oh and we did end up at the wrong ER for a few minutes and they did turn us away telling us that Scottish Rite was down the road and to take her there as there wasn't really anything they could do for her there  (this was Northside).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HoshikitsuneHoshikitsune member
    edited July 2014
    Well, it is a FWP, needing a children's hospital on this side of Atlanta.  So call me full of shit all you want, I don't care.  I am just glad my daughter is ok.
  • I went where my pediatrician told me to go.  She did not tell me to go where I delivered, I did ask and she said depending on what it was they were not equipped to deal with it and to go to Scottish Rite, and I did.  Plain and simple.  I have never been to the ER before except when I thought I was miscarrying back in November (Sub-chorionic Hemmorrage thing (sp?)).  My parents have never had to take me or my sibling to the ER, nor have I ever had to take anyone to the ER before.  Now that I know that they will transport if it is something they cannot deal with, I will go to the hospital closest to me.  I learned what I needed to know apparently.  That is the end of it, but I would still like to see a children's hospital on this side of town.

BTW, I would worry if an ER cannot perform simple CPR for resuscitation, which is what they did during the birth, Jessafish.  I don't know all the details as I couldn't see everything that was going on.  My husband was the one watching them resuscitate our daughter and I didn't even find out until the next night.

symphony4586:  I didn't even post most of last week, glad you think it is every thread.  Keep thinking that.

Have fun tonight flaming me girls, you are very good at that.  Sadly, I must depart for now, otherwise I would fully enjoy reading it all.
  • You didn't know she was resuscitated until 24 hours later?!? How did that slip your husband's mind? Hope your LO is doing better, glad you're not back at work and able to handle these situations.
  • tourqeyes said:

I was just going to post that my FWP is that rock and plays don't rock on their own.

Then I realized that's pretty much what a swing is.

Agreed!!! I said almost this same thing to my husband earlier this week!

• @Jessafish in regregards to the statement you bolded..it is called being facetious.
  • Iunno about in this country (our nearest hospital accepts pretty much anything in the ER) but in the UK, the city I grew up had 2 main hospitals and at some point, they decided not to accept kids at one of them and not to transport any kids from the one that didn't unless they were critical. That said, they're only about 5 minutes drive apart so not exactly far.

It seems pretty strange to deny a genuine emergency (especially a newborn) when it's an hour and a half's distance though. 
  • Argh. I fell asleep w my glasses on and I'm not sure where they wound up. I can't see for shit.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"