May 2013 Moms

Frequent pooer help

Hey ladies...need your advice/help on a poo issue.
LO was on a lactose free milk based formula the first year and pooed once a day.
We introduced WCM at the year mark and the first week was fine.  The second week he had fever and diarrhea.
We went back to straight formula and have been slowly introducing lactose free milk.   However, since the fever/diarehea bout he has been a multiple time a day pooer.   He poos after every meal/snack so we are talking six times a day.  It isn't diarehea just soft but sometimes there are bits of undigested food so it makes me worried that things are moving through his system too fast.  His diet is pretty varied, though I am limiting dairy and pushing apple sauce and bananas more now.
The doctor hasn't been much help here.   He is happy/healthy growing seemingly ok knock wood and doesn't seem to be uncomfortable.   I don't know how concerned/worried I should be.
Any one experienced this or have any advice?  Thanks for your help!

Re: Frequent pooer help

• J is NOT a frequent pooper but I did ask the Dr. about the undigested food at our last apt. She said it was completely normal. I told her that there was once an entire carrot piece that I even wondered how it got out in the first place and she laughed and still said it was normal.
    Good luck with the rest! J is the complete opposite. He sat at the dinner table and grunted one out the other day and it was the first in 2 days.
  • When S first switched over to milk, her system was all kinds of outta wack. It takes them a while to adjust I think. For us, we gave her half formula, half milk for a couple weeks then switched over. it took about 2 weeks after we switched for her body to start evening out. She still poops like 3 times a day, but it's better than it was...
  • Loading the player...
  • DS used to poop 2x a week when he was EBF. Once he started solids, he started pooping 3-4x a day. It's not diarrhea it's more like peanut butter. Fun!

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"