April 2013 Moms
Options

2% Milk?

Sorry I'm blowing up the board today. Has anyone's pediatrician recommended 2% milk? For whatever reason, our pediatrician said today that we could start giving Rhys 2% milk. Anyone else heard this from the pediatrician? Weight gain is definitely not a concern for us, but brain growth is ;-)
Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
Rhys - born 04.17.2013
Harry - born 04.18.2016

Re: 2% Milk?

• Options
    I actually brought this up at Will's appointment because I want to switch him because he's so high on weight percentile. Doc said that usually they don't recommend it unless the weight percentage is high and height is low (which Will is). Normally w.milk for 1 year, then 2% for one year then 1% or skim. So he asked how he eats... I said like a horse. And he agreed that as long as he isn't a picky eater and eats plenty of foods that he has no concerns about me giving him 2%.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options
    Our pedi told us whole or 2% at the 12 month appt. The girls have been on 2% since then.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No, no thoughts on this but I have given him 1% before when I've accidentally run out of whole!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Kate_CKate_C member
    Our pediatrician said 2% is fine at the 13 month check up. She's still getting whole, but we'll probably switch everyone to 2% at 18 months.
  • Options
    We do WCM at home, but DD has had 2%/1% when we've gone out to dinner. She goes in for her 15 month next week; I'll have to ask the pediatrician then.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our NP said 2% at 2 for DS, so I'm following that unless I hear otherwise.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We will probably do whole for a while but my DD is very small for her age. If she was "normal" sized I would probably also think about switching around 2.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We do whatever milk we buy, so anything from skim to 2%. BUT, dd3 nurses 4-6x a day still. She gets maybe 1 cup of cow's milk a day.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"