July 2013 Moms

Rec your convertible carseat - $5.99

A is about 1/2 inch away from outgrowing her bucket and I need to order the convertible this week.  There are just too many options and I keep going back and forth on what I want/need!  We drive a Honda Pilot so space isn't an issue.  I want something that won't expire before she reaches the height/weight limit.  I have been checking out "Car Seats for the Littles" for options but I still feel lost.  Dh wants to keep the price under $200 but I could justify spending more if it had a longer warranty or was able to convert into a booster. 

What do you have?  What do you love?  What do you hate? 
 AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

F15 Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most After Baby Arrives: BELLY SLEEPING!

photo c433cf4d-aa40-443c-af77-110275d91d89.jpg

Re: Rec your convertible carseat - $5.99

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • bobceebobcee member
    We have 4 Britax boulevards between the two kids and have been very happy with them (as evidenced by continuing to buy them).

image image

D 2.20.2011 & Z 7.16.2013

• We love our Clek Foonf.
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • edited July 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • J134EVA said:
    Trying to decide between the Chicco Nextfit, Britax, or the Peg Perego. I posted a question on their FB page yesterday and got a great thread of responses. @mermomo5‌ Can you help her find it? I'm still trying to maintain some anonymity here?..
    Sorry I'm confused - which FB page did you post a question to?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

F15 Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most After Baby Arrives: BELLY SLEEPING!

photo c433cf4d-aa40-443c-af77-110275d91d89.jpg
  • econmama said:
    We have a Graco MySize/Headwise 70. Ellie is really tall and it's the tallest convertible on the mkt. We like it.
    Ditto. Love it! (Sometimes it's a pain to get the straps over his shoulders but I think that would be with any seat.
    Samesies. 
    I struggled with tightening the straps in the beginning but have since gotten the hang of it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We have a Britax Boulevard that DS1 has been in for 2 years and we love it. DS2 is getting moved to it as soon as our Diono Radian is delivered.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    photo 5eaaf87b-ad37-4eed-9526-ebc7b28aed0d.jpg photo d035cb36-2bee-4dc9-8bf7-15d34ec258be.jpg
  • Love love our Chicco Nextfit! It is soo easy to install and is really easy to get it so tight it won't move an inch. It is also really easy to clean (aka vacuum a box of cheerios out weekly) because the padding unsnaps to clean under it.

We have a Graco Myride 65 in DHs truck that we don't drive as often and I don't like it. No matter what I do I can't seem to get it as tight as the Chicco and it was a pain to install. It's also bulky, which the Chicco isn't really. It was like half the price and you can really tell in the quality/:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• KTZ17KTZ17 member
    We have the Chicco Next fit. Love it! Easy to install!

This!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • econmama said:

We have a Graco MySize/Headwise 70.

Ellie is really tall and it's the tallest convertible on the mkt.

We like it.

Same. And we have a Honda Pilot and it fits well.

• mermomo5 said:

https://m.albeebaby.com/peg-perego-primo-viaggio-sip-convertible-crystal-red.html

I have this one and love it. I don't drive a pilot but my car is comparable in size.

I pink puffy heart love our Peg Perego!

And I have it in pink for my car. The fabric is really, really amazing. And the safety features were top notch!

https://m.albeebaby.com/peg-perego-primo-viaggio-5-70-sip-convertible-fucsia.html
  • P is in the 75th percentile for height so we got the Chicco Nextfit b/c we read it was good for taller kiddos.  We have one for each car.
  • We sometimes have a pilot, sometimes a sedan. We have a Britax (maybe boulevard - I would have to look)- love it. It is a little wider/bulkier, but straps great, comfortable, easy to install. Now we have Diono Radians for all 3 kids, although we haven't switched the LO into it yet. It had one of the highest weight/heights which was important because my DS outgrew his first convertible. It can also then be changed to a booster. It also has a long life before expiration date.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited July 2014
    Speaking of the Nextfit...I want to get one for DD. How would it be for a smaller kid? DD is going to be on the smaller size and I would not want it to be too big.

@juliedave151‌ @Yaybaby01‌ @KTZ17‌ @KikiCohen‌
  • We have the maxi cosi Tobi... it's really nice and comfy and it doesn't get hot even if the sun if hitting it directly! I have no idea what a 'convertible' word means in this context but this was a good purchase.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• We have a britex marathon and I love it. The straps do not tangle. We bought it for DS 2 years ago and switched DD into it 7 months ago. It is holding up great and in perfect condition still.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KTZ17KTZ17 member
    Speaking of the Nextfit...I want to get one for DD. How would it be for a smaller kid? DD is going to be on the smaller size and I would not want it to be too big. @juliedave151‌ @Yaybaby01‌ @KTZ17‌ @KikiCohen‌

@squirmworms‌ we chose the Nextfit because my DH will be dropping her off and picking her up from the babysitter starting in sept., and he has a small two door car. It appears that it will fit in his car. We sat it on the floor at buy buy baby next to the maxi cosi pria and the graco my size 65, both of which are supposed to have a smaller footprint, and the nextfit was the smallest. DD also isn't going to be big. She's in the 10th percentile for weight.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • @squirmworms‌ I think it would be fine. The headrest has a lot of height options and I think that's why it was supposed to be good for taller kids. You just probably wouldn't need to adjust it much. We switched P in March and have already moved it up twice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"