September 2014 Moms

Baby dropped at 32 weeks?

I'll be 33 weeks on Friday and I'm not sure, but I think the baby dropped. I'm feeling more pressure on my pelvis and cervix than ever before, have to pee constantly, and the acid reflux has subsided finally. I don't look much different though. Not that I can tell anyway.

Is there a way to know for sure if the baby dropped? And is it normal for that to happen at this point? Anyone else had it happen?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Baby dropped at 32 weeks?

• For some women it happens sooner than for others...it can even vary from pregnancy to pregnancy for one woman. It sounds like it may have started, but if you're concerned for some reason, then talk to your doctor. 
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
  • I think what is considered "normal" differs for every pregnancy.  Your doctor will be able to determine for sure if baby has truly "dropped", if that's what you're trying to find out.

• Loading the player...
  • I've also heard that the baby can drop early but it's not really "the" drop. Just ask your doctor if it's concerning you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• I carry my LO's low anyway, but this one has dropped but again-I have PTL issues, etc. I am with the others, if you are concerned you need to ask your Dr. and then they can help determine if your LO actually dropped.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• wpatxwpatx member
    Mine felt very "dropped" right at 30 weeks.  In fact, I could feel it as it happened over about half a day.  Very very uncomfortable.  US confirmed baby was head down and very low, but doctor wasn't concerned.

Anyhow, baby stayed super low for about 2 weeks and then all of a sudden during a flight I was on this weekend (flew home for my baby shower) the baby turned and was head up and no longer low.  It was the most bizarre feeling.  Anyhow...I now have a baby that feels like it is swimming ALL over the place at almost 33 weeks.

I second the PP who said you have probably dropped but it's not "the drop."
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"