April 2013 Moms

Opposite sex clothes?

Does anyone else ever buy clothes actually intended for the opposite sex for your toddler? I like Rhys to wear short (aka fratty) shorts, and a lot of the boys' shorts are soooo long... So I'm always on the look out for non-girly girl shorts. Is this normal?
Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
Rhys - born 04.17.2013
Harry - born 04.18.2016

Re: Opposite sex clothes?

• Fratty?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • JSS1002 said:
    Fratty?

Like a little frat boy... Guess it's really a southern thing!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Haha nope. Guess I never thought of it.

P.s. Keep the posts coming. I like the action.... fINALLY
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh

• JSS1002 said:

Fratty?

Like a little frat boy... Guess it's really a southern thing!

Or maybe I'm just old. I am a sorority girl who hung out at the frat houses but I have never heard that term used for shorts!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Kate_C said:
    I've been tempted to buy boy shorts for Helen so she doesn't look like a baby street walker. Seriously some of the girl shorts are ridiculous. We recycle hand me downs from her brother for pants and PJs.
    I can totally relate. We got DD some shorts from carters, and I hate them. I'm constantly tugging them down because I really do feel like they are too short. We bought shorts from Crazy 8 last week and they are much better!! Maybe give those a try! 
  • I use some of DS' old stuff for DD. It's NBD.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • My daughter has been wearing a lot of leggings instead of shorts. She only started walking more recently and when she crawled her sensitive skin was getting roughed up. She has so many cute dressed and bubble outfits but I want her to be comfortable while she plays.

She wears her brothers hand-me-down PJs which doesn't bother me but she doesn't wear his old clothes.
  • Some boy's shorts and swim suits are so long! We went to the beach and my 3 yo wore an 18 mth bathing suit and they were perfect length and big in the waist.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I buy things in the boys section for my kids all the time. I've actually found longer shorts (mid thigh) for Ava and Mila at target in the girls section.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"