July 2014 Moms

Jonah Robert's birth story!

queenieMqueenieM member
edited July 2014 in July 2014 Moms
Hoo boy, what a doozie! Our little love bug, Jonah Robert, was born on July 17 at 3:24pm UK time, weighing in at 7 lbs 7 oz. he is so sweet, we are just over the moon with him. My contractions started almost a week before I went into labor, and they were fairly regular. Got sent home from the hospital twice because they deemed it better for me to do the early stages at home. The contractions were pretty painful and I just could not get comfortable, so those few days just sucked. I finally got admitted on the 16th. I started out using a birthing pool and my hypnobirthing tracks, but nothing was progressing at all. Long story short, it was getting more and more painful that I couldn't handle it without drugs. They gave me some diamorohine, which helped me settle for a bit, and it was able to relax with my hypnobirthing tracks for a while. But it got to the point where I couldn't handle it and they gave me an epidural and the synthetic hormone to bring out my contractions. But I think their machine wasn't reading my contractions correctly so they were giving me more hormone than I needed and I was not coping well. I pushed for 1 hr 45 minutes without much progress before ending up in surgery with a forceps delivery. Little Jonah was fine, but I was a bit of a mess. Stayed in the hospital for 2 nights, then went home. The next day I came down with a fever and horrible shakes and went back in, to find out I had a nasty infection. They were pumping me with all sorts of antibiotics while they narrowed down the strain of the infection. It sounds like it started in my urinary tract and spread to my blood. So I spent another week in the hospital, and had to stop breast feeding because of all the drugs (am hoping to see if I can reestablisb it). Little Jonah was able to stay with me most of the time (and I even had some of the midwives babysit him at night because I couldn't take care of him in my state). Got sent home from the hospital on Saturday (just 3 days ago) with a catheter hat I have to wear till Friday cuz it wasn't working properly :-( hoping it is healed by then! Oh, and on top of all that, I'm suffering from anemia now as well! So a bit of a rough patch here, but Jonah is such a chill baby! I think despite the chaotic birth, the hypnobirthing that I practiced every day for the last 2 months really affected him in a positive way. DH has been an absolute saint during all this! I'm trying to focus on getting better so I can properly take care of Jonah, but it's tough with the anemia wiping me out, and still not able to sit properly from the labor! Sorry for the novel, but I really needed to get all this off my chest!

Edit: iPad won't let me upload a pic - will upload one as soon as I get to my laptop!

edit again: here's a pic of my little bug!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Jonah Robert's birth story!

• I'm so sorry that you had so many complications, but I'm happy that You're on the mend!

• You're so strong to be handling all of this. Sending well thoughts your way! And congratulations on baby Jonah!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats! What a tough labor you had!!!
    hi

• Goodness, so sorry things were so complicated.  I'm glad Jonah is fine and that you are on the road to recovery.  Take care of yourself and congratulations!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
  • Congrats! Love the name Jonah. :)

• Sorry for the complications but congrats on such an adorable little guy!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• EkzerrEkzerr member
    Congrats!
  • Congratulations I hope you get some rest and feel better aoon
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sorry you're having such a rough go. Congrats on your beautiful boy!
  • I love all the 7s, 7/17 and 7# 7oz. Sorry about your infection, wishes you an easier recovery. Congrats on your cute boy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"