July 2013 Moms

De-sanding technique? and an AWish pic for yoyr troubles!

We're at the beach this week and El's having a freaking ball in the sand. I'm letting her have at it and trying not to let her ingest it. Naturally she's getting sand in every possible place!

Does anyone have a de-sanding technique I should know about or are we just approaching this the old fashioned way with a dunk in the ocean?

And us on the beach for your troubles..

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

Re: De-sanding technique? and an AWish pic for yoyr troubles!

• Our house was right on the beach and when we were done with sandy time I just hosed him off in the outside shower (it had hot water).
  • And super cute pic! I wish I was at the beach!
  • Loading the player...
  • Baby powder I will try. At our resort they have the beach showers out in the open. What are everyone's thoughts on stripping her down and showering her there then wrapping her in a towel? Is it weird to do that?

DH thinks it's weird.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Baby powder. And I would totally rinse baby off in the shower in needed. Glad you are having fun!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • atlvolatlvol member
    Baby powder.  

On our most recent trip to the beach, a family brought one of those 5 gallon buckets with them that they filled with water.  They would use that to dunk the kiddos in to rinse off the sand.  
  • My way organized mommy friend brought a shower caddy out with shampoos, soaps etc and gave her kids a shower and scrub down with the outdoor shower. Meanwhile, I just got a lot of sand in our tub and would have to clean it out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"