August 2014 Moms
Options

Gestational Diabetes Check-In 7/29/14

This check-in is for anyone with Gestational Diabetes or those who have blood sugar levels that are high or low and could use the extra support. Check-in is posted on Tuesdays.

This thread is for support. Any advice is not medical advice, please run any ideas you might receive by your Dr before making changes. Also, please be aware that many of us have different numbers goals, carb allotments etc. Our Drs have given us a plan for us, if you see something different working for someone else and want to try it, please talk to your Dr to see if that is an option for you or why yours is different.

New to this check-in? Check out this link for a ton of information about managing Gestational Diabetes including references on lowing your fasting numbers: https://community.babycenter.com/post/a46582366/new_to_gd_quick_reference

Also, be sure to join our new Gestational Diabetes group (and feel free to share the group - it is open to anyone on TB). The direct link is here:https://forums.thebump.com/group/271-gestational-diabetes

How far along are you?

Management Method (diet/exercise or insulin/other medication):

Any upcoming appointments/tests (growth u/s, NST, etc) in the next week?

Anything you are struggling with or need help with? Any questions? Anything working well you'd like to share?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Gestational Diabetes Check-In 7/29/14

• Options
    M&MaxM&Max member

How far along are you? 37 weeks

Management Method (diet/exercise or insulin/other medication): diet/exercise and glyburide at night

Any upcoming appointments/tests (growth u/s, NST, etc) in the next week? Ultrasound on Thursday and another NST Monday.

Anything you are struggling with or need help with? Any questions? Anything working well you'd like to share? After 7 weeks of dealing with this, I think I finally have it figured out - so no questions this week.  

I did get exciting news during the last ultrasound that the baby was measuring within a week and since the ultrasound can be off they consider that to be on track.  I'd love to not be forced into an early induction or c-section just due to size.  So I'm hoping for the same to happen again this week!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"