July 2013 Moms

AW: I am so sunburned

I AM SOooooooo sunburned. I want to die. Yes, I lathered the SPF. OMG someone come rub aloe one me repeatedly. I feel nauseated and miserable. I was on antibiotics. What was I thinking!?!? I don't normally AW, but I need attention. Lol sigh. I'm on a girl's trip, so I don't babe DH to comfort me or my bed. Ughhhhh ok I'm done.

Re: AW: I am so sunburned

• edited July 2014
    Aw :( that so sucks! Did you take anything for the pain?
  • @haddocky‌ I took two aleve. My headache is gone, at least.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've heard if you take a really hot shower it helps. That sounds awful and I'm not sure if it helps but you could google it, lol.
  • Yikes. Hell no. I heard the opposite, but I'll google it. Eek.
  • Sunburns are the worst. Where are you for a girls trip? Fun!
  • @haddocky‌ We just went down to New Braunfels to float the river. We're going home tomorrow. Thank God.
  • Kitten80Kitten80 member
    edited July 2014
    Cool clothes on the burns. Rinse and repeat when they are no longer cool. Aloe - make sure to check ingredients for one that is pure aloe. I think I put it in an ice bucket before I put it on dh last trip (we didn't have a fridge that time or it wasn't cold). Aloe with lidocaine also can help. I think ours was blue. Cool soak in a tub might help. I'm going to Google - I think vinegar or something like that helps. Sorry you got burned :(

Also make sure you are hydrated.

Eta: wanted to check before I recommended, so my tired mind didn't mix remedies up. You can use vinegar - either put some in the water you use to cool wash cloth and apply to burn or pour one cup in a cool bath. Also read you can use baking soda - sprinkle good amount in tepid water and when you get out air dry. Also read witch hazel can be applied to burn to help reduce irritation and itching.

Hope you can get some rest!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kitten80 said:
    Cool clothes on the burns. Rinse and repeat when they are no longer cool. Aloe - make sure to check ingredients for one that is pure aloe. I think I put it in an ice bucket before I put it on dh last trip (we didn't have a fridge that time or it wasn't cold). Aloe with lidocaine also can help. I think ours was blue. Cool soak in a tub might help. I'm going to Google - I think vinegar or something like that helps. Sorry you got burned :( Also make sure you are hydrated. Eta: wanted to check before I recommended, so my tired mind didn't mix remedies up. You can use vinegar - either put some in the water you use to cool wash cloth and apply to burn or pour one cup in a cool bath. Also read you can use baking soda - sprinkle good amount in tepid water and when you get out air dry. Also read witch hazel can be applied to burn to help reduce irritation and itching. Hope you can get some rest!

I'll have to try this when I get home tomorrow!!
  • I'm so sorry! If you know anyone that has/sells oils, a combo of peppermint and lavender works wonders.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    photo 5eaaf87b-ad37-4eed-9526-ebc7b28aed0d.jpg photo d035cb36-2bee-4dc9-8bf7-15d34ec258be.jpg
  • Lavender oil straight on the burn! Don't worry about using a carrier. It is magic.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• hplusb said:

Lavender oil straight on the burn! Don't worry about using a carrier. It is magic.

I guess I need to get some oils!

• Ouchie! Sorry mama.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My little love was born July 20th, 2013!

BFP 11.11.12

TTC #1 Since March 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"