August 2014 Moms

Go or don't go?

Last night i was having really bad back pain, pressure, and some contractions ( not regular). I went back to bed and went to sleep. I was changing positions early this morning and had about a cup of fluid leak. I wasn't really awake till it happened so I'm not use if it was just my bladder. I got up and was able to pee a fair amount. I have been cramping all day and some contractions ( still not regular) but no more leaking really. I have some wetness but nothing that makes me need to change.

Re: Go or don't go?

• I would go - or at least call.  If you're still having wetness then it sounds like you are leaking a bit.  The baby could be blocking any major leaking.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would at least call your OB and see what they say. I had a partial rupture with my first and didn't leak a lot. Going from laying down to standing would cause some leaking. There are simple tests your dr can do to determine if it is amniotic fluid or not.

• Loading the player...
  • If you're not sure go in.  Better to be safe and know for sure, especially since you are having some contractions, regular or not

• Also, the longer you wait, the more likely any tests they do for amniotic fluid will become unreliable due to an increased false positive rate.  Check in with the doc and see what he/she wants to do.

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would go just in case.

Anniversary

• Call and ask your hospital.

We can not make that decision for you.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I went and it wasn't my water. They said since " I'm so close to having her" that is was just something that happens.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"