Stay at Home Moms

baby shower gift suggestions

I am attending a baby shower for one of my cousins. She doesn't have a regisrty and I have no idea what she needs or likes. All i know is she is having a boy.

So... Gift suggestions under $40?

Also on a sidenote: my granny got me a couple of small things for the twins but a couple of the items i know i wont use. Is it okay to return them for something I will use?
Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: baby shower gift suggestions

• Yes to the returns. And what about something you found helpful? Swaddlers or a wrap? I usually like to do the bath tub with bath essentials.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Interesting that she doesn't have a registry..does she have any other children? If she doesn't have any other children I would do things she might not "know" about. For example I loved my swaddles, burp cloths, nose frida, sound machine!!!, and boppy.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • Loading the player...
  • You can't go wrong with diapers, wipes, bibs, and burp cloths. Also, clothes in sizes larger than 6m.

• I just buy something in the price I want from buy buy baby or babies r us or target and include a gift receipt.
  • The best gift we ever received and it wasn't on our registry was the Woombie.  It was a miracle when it came to sleep for both of my children.  That's what I always get for new mothers.
  • Thanks for all the suggestions. I went with food theme. (I was hungry while shopping....) and got bowls, spoons, sippy cups, bibs and a onsise.
    Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• chardonnay24chardonnay24 member
    edited July 2014
    I like to do a gift basket full of first year medications, and add a thermometer and/or humidifier depending on my budget. The nice thing about this is you can spend as much or as little as you need to, and nearly everything will be used at some point.

I usually start with the basics: Tylenol, saline, teething tablets, gripe water and/or gas drops, and Vick's baby rub. You can always add something like a bulb syringe, Boogie Wipes, or a basic rectal thermometer if you want to spend more.

ETA: Posted before reading the responses! Too late - sorry!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • siuRamsiuRam member
    Just got a couple sets of waterproof pads for a friend's baby shower.  I think something like this, they will be able to put them into use for sure!  This is what I got...one set is only under $20, so I just got 2 sets.

• sschwege said:
    The best gift we ever received and it wasn't on our registry was the Woombie.  It was a miracle when it came to sleep for both of my children.  That's what I always get for new mothers.
    The wombie is amazing. I 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"