Stay at Home Moms

Weight loss ladies! (7/28)

How are we doing? I know a lot of us were struggling to get back in the groove...

Re: Weight loss ladies! (7/28)

• I didn't get to work out on Friday because of a sick kiddo, but I got to Zumba on Saturday. I had zero energy, but I powered through. I think a lot of my issue was that I haven't been drinking enough water lately.
  • I don't think I've ran in 2 weeks. SUCKS!

Went from running everyday, got super sick, recovered but was still super weak- I am finally feeling like myself again and need to get back on it! DH is off tomorrow so I plan on an early run.. First one back is always bad. A combo of running and walking for 2-3 miles. But it will get me back at it!!

Eating very well and strict since I haven't been working out.

Bought size 6 pants. My new goal! I am in an 8 now... let's do this!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have done very, very bad lately.  I weighed myself not too long ago and was only up 5 lbs.  I have made a point to exercise the past 3-4 days though.  My eating still has not been perfect, but I did get a bountiful basket, so at least there is a lot of fruits/veggies in our diet.  :)
  • Down a pound this morning and have been great about working out. I just seriously need to get this eating under control. I do fine all day (plan my meals, snacks,etc.) but if I cheat even a little I just can't stop. Like last night I overate on snacks. 

Just completed an awesome spin class and signed up for childcare each day this week so that usually holds me accountable for going. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • edited July 2014
    I met my wedding goal weight (actually beat it by .2 pounds). I kept it light the day of the wedding, but I did have 3 glasses of wine and 2 pieces of cake that night...
    Anyway, yesterday I picked up right where I left off eating-wise. I haven't done any cardio in 4 days due to wedding stuff and the dang heat wave we had. It's nice and cool this morning, so we will be doing our hour-long walk after breakfast. I'm really noticing a difference in my body and I'm 100% ready to drop the last of this weight.
  • lexusolsenlexusolsen member
    edited July 2014
    Slowly moving on the scale. Im going to change my official weigh-in/ meeting day to Tuesday. I am down during the week and then up when I weigh-in on the weekend.

I'm doing much better with eating. I'm trying to focus on drinking more water now. I didn't get to the gym Tuesday so I went yesterday so I could still get two workouts in. Today I'm going to try a yoga video and I have something active planned for everyday for the rest of the week.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• @Kimbus22‌ Hey, if you don't want to get on a scale...don't. If you feel better and look better, who cares what the numbers say? I've only lost 5 lbs since Logan was born, but I feel awesome, and my H says I'm sexy. ;)

Scale is totally optional. Honestly, if you want a better picture of your health, invest in a BMI thingie...we found a good deal in the same one they use at our gym.
  • I finally bought a fitbit. I love it!! It really does encourage me to move more. I got DH one too so it is nice to have someone to do it with. I set my goal pretty low for the first week just to make sure I meet it every day but I will kick it up next week.

Now if I can just make myself stop drinking pop, I will be doing great. Baby steps.
  • @Kimbus22‌ Hey, if you don't want to get on a scale...don't. If you feel better and look better, who cares what the numbers say? I've only lost 5 lbs since Logan was born, but I feel awesome, and my H says I'm sexy. ;) Scale is totally optional. Honestly, if you want a better picture of your health, invest in a BMI thingie...we found a good deal in the same one they use at our gym.
    I hate scales. I don't have one. I will step on the one at the gym randomly. But I go by how my clothes feel
  • I met my ultimate goal last week right after the food poisoning incident. I was sure the weight loss was a result of that and I would add it again. I'm maintaining though.

Things just got real around here with back to school activities, regular kid activities, Dr appointments, etc that I have to be careful to not get lazy about workouts and cooking at home. Eating out is just so tempting and easier when we're on the go! Must cook at home. I may be inquiring about fast healthy meals.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• Kimbus22 said:

Okay we're almost done eating all the residual junk food out of our house. I have to shop tomorrow. I should join you ladies because I'm done having babies and my ass is huge.  I need people to yell at me when I make excuses...

THis is going to involve getting on a scale, isn't it? Ugh.

Yep step on the scale. And get out a tape measure to take some measurements. Write all those numbers down. Set some goals if you'd like whether it's a goal weight or fitting in some old jeans. Take a mental note, or a picture even, of yourself in a pair of pants you wear now.

Then put the scale and tape measure away. For a month. Don't touch them. You'll lose water weight & gain muscle so those numbers are meaningless for a while. The only numbers you need to focus on are how many minutes or miles you get moving each day and how many days each week. Start making exercise a habit, which takes several weeks.

And, remember that you were pregnant just a few weeks ago!

• I'm joining you. I'm going back to work after a couple of years off, and I can't find pants that fit and look decent.

I am about 8 pounds heavier than when I got pregnant for the first time - 10 pounds heavier than when I got pregnant the second time. I would at least like to get down to one of my pre-pregnancy weights.

I went running last night and have tried eating better today. Baby steps, right? I'll try running again tonight.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"