August 2012 Moms

Preschool Registration

I have been considering sending Kate to preschool once she turns 3. There is a nice preschool less than a mile from us, with several different scheduling options. It's nature based, with lots of woodsy acreage and the kids go outside daily to study the environment. I knew it was a popular one, but I had no idea just how popular. They are beginning registration for the 2015-2016 school year this January, and from what I have heard, spots fill up within a matter of weeks. This means that we are going to the open house in November, and probably signing her up for next fall. I don't know why I'm having such anxiety over this. She stays at home with me now, and she loves other children, so I know the interaction will be great for her. So will the learning. It just seems like I thought I had so much more time before this time came. It's really making me sad that she's getting to this age already. And it also seems ridiculous that we are registering her for a preschool with such a long waiting list and with such a high price tag, but I guess it's nothing compared to some others. My stepbrother lives in San Francisco, and he sent his son to a preschool that HIS SON had to interview for at 3 YEARS OLD to attend. It required a $5,000 deposit just to secure an interview. Is anyone else already being forced into preschool registration?

Re: Preschool Registration

• SJandVASJandVA member
    edited July 2014
    This is a normal registration time frame. All schools I've seen start open registration February/March. 

Most of the pre schools around here are through different churches and there's a lot of them. So I didn't have to deal with the "interview" nonsense. I haven't really thought about it much for DD2. Since we've already done this we know where we would send her. They don't seem to fill up so I'll be playing it by ear for a 3's program. For pre K (4)we will send her to the same school DD1 goes to. For the reason listed blow. 

To me the most important things for preschool are proximity to home, nice and loving teachers and a clean safe facility. 

Know what I'm not looking forward to? When the time comes. Drop off DD1 7:50 am, drop off DD2 9am, pick up DD2 at noon, pickup DD1 at 3pm. Both schools are close to each other but about 15 minutes from home. Oh my first world problems.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • MoFreeMoFree member
    LO is starting a 2 morning Montessori program in August. I only enrolled her a few weeks ago.
    She has been cared for by a nanny when I'm working 4 days a week and will benefit from the intellectual stimulation and socialization with other children.
    @SJandVA‌ I agree that proximity to home and a loving atmosphere are the most important factors.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel the same way @Becc77‌ ! We are putting Jeffrey in pre-k 3 and the deadlines are the same as yours. I have been having the same anxiety even though I know he will be fine and it is the right thing to do for him. The private schools around here are tough to get into so I am also hoping we don't have any issues with that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"