Cloth Diapering

Do stores ever run sales on cloth diapers?

I'm thinking about giving CDs a go! Done a lot of research and have narrowed down my choice (at least to try first...) to bumgenius freetime. Standard price I'm seeing online is $20 each. So.... That begs the question, should I bite the bullet and just buy some or will they go on sale? I had figured out the sale cycles of the disposable ones I've been using but being new to CDs I'm not even sure if expecting them to go on sale is naive thinking!

TIA!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  BabyFruit Ticker image

Re: Do stores ever run sales on cloth diapers?

• BoothBabyBoothBaby member
    edited July 2014
    There is a post just down the page with a link to BG seconds on sale (cosmetic imperfections). Different websites often have sales or coupon codes, so I would say no, don't pay full price! :)
  • https://www.cottonbabies.com/index.php?cPath=51
    Link to the cotton babies seconds sale
    They are sold in pairs and only three colors available. There are sales on different sites best way to find out about sales are yo sign up got each sites newletter. 
  • Loading the player...
  • RachelCA29RachelCA29 member
    edited July 2014
    Follow CD stores and blogs on Twitter or Facebook. A lot of places have sales or discount codes all the time for followers, even give always.
    The main sale times for CDs seems to be Black Friday and around Earth Day. Also, as PP said, seconds sales (which get announced on stores Facebook accounts)
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Jillian's Drawers has a gently used section and also offers diaper trials.
  • BuyBuyBaby sells freetimes and you can use the BedBath&Beyond $5 off/20% off coupons there (same company), if you have one near you.
  • Awesome, thank you! I just ordered a few sets off the cotton babies website and will plan to hit up buy buy baby with coupons if it works out. Thanks ladies!!!
      BabyFruit Ticker image
  • vine.com also has a 20% of purchase coupon for first purchase; I used it to stock up on BG4.0's. With the free shipping (forget if it's all the time or with $50 purchase), it cuts the cost down a fair amount.

DS born 10/22/2008
    DD born 12/23/2014

m/c @10wks 12/2007
    m/c @4wks 3/2014

• You can also try using coupons, you can get them a retailmenot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it would be helpful to try the Freetimes you've already ordered before stocking up.  The ladies on this site usually recommend trying a type before stocking up on it just in case you don't like it or it doesn't fit your LO correctly.  

That being said, Diapers.com sells CD's, including Freetimes.  If you're new to that site you can use someone's referral code to save 20% on your first order.  I'll give you mine if you need it.  Also, in addition to outright discounts many of the online CD stores will have codes for freebies (many times it's a free diaper or cover) when you spend a certain amount.  Kelly's Closet runs them all the time.  Like other people suggested already, following stores on FB/Twitter and signing up for their newsletters is the best way to catch these when they come up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"