Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Personal Goals 07/27

This is a weekly post (though I got busy and forgot last week) so feel free to jump in with whatever personal goals you have for yourself!

@mrsjg2013 Did you get the pictures edited? How did you do with getting to the gym?

@lcwed How was vacation?!

@kerbear135 How did you do with cutting back on the soda? 

@limad Hopefully you're feeling better by now, so how is the house hunting going? Any luck?

@imjessesgirl How is the room change going? 

@heartbot How's your mood? Were you able to relax?

@marybeth080710 How did your 5k go? Any luck with the closets?

@ambmama How are you feeling?

@sunshine1116 How's the move going?

@lalove23 Have you been able to get more sleep?

@mrandmrsk91011 Were you able to take it easy and not get too antsy?

@mommy0411 Did you get to start swimming again? 

Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.

Re: Personal Goals 07/27

• My goal last time was to get more exercise and I have been. So success! I have also managed to start losing some weight, so that's nice. Hopefully I can keep that up. 

My goal this week is to eat more protein. I've had a hard time my whole life getting enough protein and I'm going to really try to change that. I have a long history with eating disorders, so diet change is always scary to me. But I started using myfitnesspal again to log everything so hopefully I will be able to see any issues and correct them before it's an issue. 
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Way to go @EllyD14!!  Sticking to an exercise and eating plan is tough, especially in the summer!  I like myfitnesspal as well... haven't used it in a while, but I may just start up again to help me get back on track!

I did get the pictures edited, thanks!  I only went to the gym once last week due to some pain I was having, doctor's appointments, and a day trip to visit family.  I've been pain free for several days, so I'm hoping to get there at least 4 days this upcoming week!  

My goal for this week, in addition to getting to the gym, is to finish one (of two) of my summer grad correspondence classes.  I've read the book, now I just need to do the 10 essays that go along with it!  
  • Loading the player...
  • My goal this week is to get back on my normal eating/exercising schedule. Just got back from vacation and I did try to keep it under control with getting in plenty of exercise but I still managed to margarita up a few pounds.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• My goal this week is to stretch everyday - I've never been so tight and sore in my life. I would say start exercising, but I have an aggressive week at work, so I don't want to set my self up for failure.

And be strong for my appointment at the doctor tomorrow. Hopefully my u/s shows I have passed everything I need to.
    Me - 35 DH - 41
    TTC 06.03.2013 
    BFP 06.15.2014  EDD 02.25.2015  MMC 07.07.2014 Miso 07.18.2014 
                                                                 August TTCAL Siggy Challenge : WTF Tattoos
    image     image
  • Nice job @EllyD14‌!

The move is going well. We were able to get our storage unit and have moved quite a bit. Next weekend is the last weekend before our close so the plan is to get all but bare minimum stuff moved so that's my goal for this week. I feel like we are ahead of the game but I know once we start really moving the majority it's going to be more than we realize.

BFP #1 3/7/2010 - DD born 11/16/2010
    BFP #2 12/20/2012 -  CP 12/22/2012
    BFP #3 1/10/2013 - Blighted Ovum 2/7/2013
    BFP #4 8/22/2013 - D&C 10/22/2013

RPL testing discovered blood clotting issue

BFP #5 3/9/2014 - Discovered baby no longer had a heartbeat at 20 week U/S, Induced Delivery & D&C 6/27/2014

Awaiting Genetic results to determine steps forward

• mak7788mak7788 member
    edited July 2014

Love this post! And good for you @ellyd14 for getting in more exercise!

My goals for this week: 1) start running again (did not find the time because of last week's roller coaster). I'll be gentle and start off with 2-3 times. I'm up to 3 miles, but I'd like to be at 6 by the end of the summer.

2) I'm on weight watchers so I'd like to track my "points" at least 2 days today and actually get to my meeting.

Best of luck with your goals this week ladies!

@farniegal: will be thinking of you and wishing you luck at your appointment!

Married 7/21/12

Off bcp and ttc 9/1/13

bfp 7/20/14, m/c 7/23

will ttc again 8/14

cat animated GIF

• farniegalfarniegal member
    edited July 2014
    @mak7788 Thank you very much! 

It wasn't too bad. I still have something retained, dr thinks it is clot and it will pass. She wants me to wait a full cycle before TTC again...which is probably good, I think I could use the time to mentally prepare. 

They did another quan, last week it was 397. Hoping for a zero today or I'll have at least one more of those. 

It seems like every time I go in I'm the only person not pregnant. There was one other girl who I thought was just there for an annual, but she came out withe pregnant folder...so it was me, DH, a drug rep and a room busting full of baby bumps.

My dr was really great and supportive, so other than than the little bit of retained tissue it was a good as it could have been. 
    Me - 35 DH - 41
    TTC 06.03.2013 
    BFP 06.15.2014  EDD 02.25.2015  MMC 07.07.2014 Miso 07.18.2014 
                                                                 August TTCAL Siggy Challenge : WTF Tattoos
    image     image
  • I did ok last week...less caffeine than before, but I still need to cut it back further. DD has been staying up late lately (like 10 or 11pm) and so it's cutting into my sleep and I have a very hard time functioning when I don't start my day with some caffeine...I also don't like drinking water with my meals, don't know why exactly, but I don't....I will try to work on it further this week, hoping that as I cut back the amount gradually, I won't get those awful caffeine headaches I tend to get.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• **ticker warning**

Thanks for the post @ellyd14 I'm ok - still some bleeding but otherwise getting back to "normal" I suppose. It's been a long few weeks with having to deal with family and friends and trying to get back into society. My goals continue to be just trying to lose some weight with diet and hopefully get back to exercise soon.

Congrats on losing weight and eating right! I'm also eating a high protein diet. I'm doing a lot off egg whites, nuts, and cottage cheese. I actually bought Quest protein bars (the chocolate chip cookie dough is amazing) to eat instead of the bowl of ice cream I crave and even whey protein powder for shakes. It's actually pretty yummy if you buy a good brand. Good luck!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• LimaDLimaD member
    @EllyD14 - I'm glad you were able to stick with your goals! Congrats & keep up the good work!  And I'm glad you are being cautious considering your history with eating disorders.  (I myself had a 6 year struggle with that)

We in fact DID find a house on our house hunt!  We are so excited, we absolutely love it.  Unfortunately, the people buying our house are backing out.  It's all due to their realtor who is SUPER shady.  She has been blackmailing us from the beginning (we are selling it on our own).  We contacted the broker last week after she threatened to tell her clients to walk, if we didn't comply with yet another one of her requests.  So the broker is pissed about it, and doesn't seem surprised that she's pulling this crap.  He's going to get to the bottom of it, and then if the deal falls through for sure, we're listing w/an agent.  Their realtor has brought SO much extra stress into the situation.  I've been so stressed out and it has made this summer even worse.  I'm just ready to be done.
  • LimaD said:
    @EllyD14 - I'm glad you were able to stick with your goals! Congrats & keep up the good work!  And I'm glad you are being cautious considering your history with eating disorders.  (I myself had a 6 year struggle with that)

We in fact DID find a house on our house hunt!  We are so excited, we absolutely love it.  Unfortunately, the people buying our house are backing out.  It's all due to their realtor who is SUPER shady.  She has been blackmailing us from the beginning (we are selling it on our own).  We contacted the broker last week after she threatened to tell her clients to walk, if we didn't comply with yet another one of her requests.  So the broker is pissed about it, and doesn't seem surprised that she's pulling this crap.  He's going to get to the bottom of it, and then if the deal falls through for sure, we're listing w/an agent.  Their realtor has brought SO much extra stress into the situation.  I've been so stressed out and it has made this summer even worse.  I'm just ready to be done.
    I am sorry to hear all that...buying a house is stressful enough without shady people making it worse.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• KingLEDKingLED member
    edited July 2014
    Holy shit. That's awful, @LimaD‌ . Hopefully it all gets settled soon without too much more stress.
  • Hey y'all! Room change is going... I'm almost done. Thankfully, the Dollar Tree has lots of great things that go along with my beach theme that I'm going for, lol.

Thanks for thinking of me!
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10 (born August 2004)
    Married 03/01/14
    TTC#2
    BFP: 05/17/2014 EDD: 1/25/15 MMC: 06/30/2014
    BFP: 01/31/15 MMC: 02/25/15 

• lcwedlcwed member
    ******Ticker Warning**********

@ellyd14 Thanks for asking.  Vacation was great.  We got back at Midnight last night safe and sound.  It was good to be with family and doing stuff.  Now I'm just getting ready for the new school year and yearly appts taken care of before I start working again.  Keeping busy has really helped me these past few weeks.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Thanks for checking on me @EllyD14 I am getting more sleep. I had my first appointment with my RE and  I think it's putting my mind at ease that someone is really trying to help me figure this whole thing out and that's helping me relax. 

Congrats on the weight loss! I'm jealous, I wish I had some of your motivation!! 
  • This is my first post here, but I definitely need to set some personal goals! I want to lose some weight and get in better shape before we ttc so eating clean and exercising (once I'm cleared by my dr) are at the top of my list. Just had the d&c last night so I am wanting to eat my feelings (I want sushi, chicken fingers, and a burger all at once, now!!) but I need to comfort myself some other way.... That's just not ok!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"