Cloth Diapering

Why won't you prep?!

I bought 12 newborn GMD prefolds and half of them prepped no problem. The other half...are barely halfway there. I have put them through about 10 wash cycles and I have also boiled them for 15-20 minutes. What am I doing wrong?
Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Why won't you prep?!

• Both. The don't look nearly as quilted as the others and don't absorb even close to the others.
    Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Are they bleached, unbleached or organic? Unbleached and organic may not quilt up as much.

You know if they are prepped when you drizzle water on them, and it absorbs quickly rather than beading up.
  • Loading the player...
  • Boiling should definitely remove the natural oils in the fabric.  If that hasn't worked, you should contact GMD like AF said.  And as far as quilting- have you dried them in between washes?
  • Just use them. They will quilt and the absorbency will increase. I just wash a couple of times then they go OTB. And yeah, the quilting is from the dryer.
    This.  Unless they are newborn size, I'd just wash once or twice and put them on the butt.  With my 8 month old and toddler I really don't use all the absorbancy in the prefold unless they are on them for more than 2 hours (like overnight).
  • edited July 2014
    I had a similar problem. We started with all organics and they took, like, 16-20 washes to prep. We have soft water, so I thought that may not have helped, but it still felt ridiculous. We eventually got there, though. No advice, just wanted you to know you're not alone.
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • She vanished

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"