January 2013 Moms

First black eye..

My 18 month old has a black eye and a big ugly red bump on his brow bone. I can't even figure out what i am more upset by, the fact that my beautiful sweet boy looks like he got into a bar brawl, or the that that neither his father or i have any clue how it happened. We do several hours of interactive play, and language development a day, but when it is obvious he is getting overwhelmed we let him play on his own to decompress. The injury must have happened while we were getting dinner, because that is the only time that both of us were in a different room than him. But i just don't even know what happened.. I can't believe he didn't cry.. This is what makes a communication delay so gut wrenching sometimes. Ugh.. I feel like such a frap parent right now.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

Re: First black eye..

• DCKateDCKate member
    Ugh, don't feel bad! DD was running with my SIL tonight and bit the dust. I think there will be lots of bumps and scrapes along the way...
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Don't feel bad. These things happen. I can't count the amount of times DD has gotten a black eye or scraped up nose or something. They need to play on their own and to deal with these injuries. Considering he didn't cry I'd say he is fine.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • DCKateDCKate member
    MichieU79 said:

Poor little man and poor Mama!! Its so hard to not feel like a failure when they get hurt even though its impossible to prevent!

I'm not sure how Jack gets 90% of his bruises...his legs and arms are the worst though.

@DCKate‌ that pic of your little girl almost made me cry...lol...when Jack got a huge scrape on his forehead from a bad sidewalk fall I think I cried more than him. He was too busy investigating the hydrogen peroxide bottle to be phased. ;)

Oh, I was doing my best to keep it together! Poor monkey:(
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • He seems perfectly fine this morning, other that the bump and bruising. He is mostly annoyed i think that momma doesn't want to release him from cuddles haha. At least this isn't as bad as the time he wound up with stitches and a gnarly scar under his nose. Sigh...

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Oh god if I had my phone I'd post the picture of Sammy's first black eye.  It was right around her birthday and it was BAD.  She had tripped and fell right on the sharp plastic side of a toy and her whole eye was black and blue.  People kept asking me in public what happened, I am sure they thought I'd beat her!  These things happen, and it's amazing how resilient they are!  She got over it WAY faster than I did!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Poor kiddo and ((hugs)) mama. Our kids are getting into all kinds of scrapes these days, don't feel bad.

DS got his first black eye around 13 months old. I had moved a folding stepladder and forgot about where it was when I left DS in the living room for a few minutes to go to the bathroom. He pulled it down on himself and was left with a nice shiner. Didn't dampen his mood at all.
  • I think DS has had 3 black eyes...sigh. The first one was right in front of me. He was maybe 12 months and I got home from the store - he had been sitting with h near the couch and came to see me and tripped and fell right into the coffee table. I cried way more than he did but the guilt took so long to go away. DS always has bumps and bruises that I have no idea what happened - hugs mama. We all have toddlers and I think this is just the territory!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm sure it's harder on Mama then on him! Kids this age get so many bumps and bruises and scrapes. J split open his lip on Saturday. And his legs are covered with little bruises from him climbing on everything.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Hugs mama!  It sucks to see them bruised.  DS is still pretty bald and what hair he does have is very fine and white, so every.single.ding to his head shows up as a bruise.  He had one horrible one square on his forehead, and he got it when he was walking down the hall to me.  It's the way it is.  We keep them as safe as we can, but you can't stop every fall.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • He took a nose dive off the couch this morning.. Big old bump and bruise to go with the black eye. Didn't even flinch, he never even cried. I was right next to him, and tried to catch him, but didn't get him in time. I picked him up instantly thinking he would be beside himself, but he wasn't even phased...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"