February 2014 Moms

Was I wrong? Formula checks

coralreefmomcoralreefmom member
edited July 2014 in February 2014 Moms
I went to target to get some baby formula and used my formula checks.

The cashier made me sign the backs, i squiggled my signature after getting into a small argument with her. Probably shouldn't have argued, but horrible day.

She then tried to run all 3 checks as actual checks and scanned my license. All that after I told her that they run as rebate checks. Naturally, all 3 checks are denied. I then tell her to hit the correct sequence of buttons and the checks finally worked.

I feel bad for arguing, but no where on the check does it say I need to sign. Was I wrong/ what could've I done differently.

Re: Was I wrong? Formula checks

• I have also had to sign them.

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• I argued with her about signing them, I didn't want to because I never have before @Avswolf‌
  • Loading the player...
  • JoyBaby5 said:

I've never signed the checks before.
    The cashiers are usually hit or miss to know what to do with them.

Some will let me use 5 at a time, some just one. Same goes for the specific store, and manager.

That's frustrating! I'm still curious why I had to sign. Oh well.
  • Avswolf said:

I argued with her about signing them, I didn't want to because I never have before @Avswolf‌

Got it. Sorry....am a bit buzzed. If you've never had to do it before I can see why you'd argue. Try not to worry about it. :)
    I wish I was buzzed! I have a cranky baby who was over simulated by his grandma and great aunt and h and I got into a fight. Whoo, probably played into my argumentative mood.
  • Never had to sign either. Pretty sure the store is supposed to, not the customer.
    September 2014 Siggy Challenge: Goats

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Never had to sign either. Pretty sure the store is supposed to, not the customer.

That is exactly what I told her! Right on the back it instructs the retailer to endorse the check.
  • Weird...I mean, it has instructions on it for the retailer. They just treat it like a coupon. The cashiers sometimes are clueless though. Maybe ask for a manager if it's an issue again.
  • It's just a signature no biggie however, why didn't you ask to see the manager? I would have if I knew I was right and did not get an explanation. If you felt strongly about not providing your signature, I would have stuck to my guns and demanded the service they are supposed to give (politely of course :-))
  • I've never had to sign the back and they let me use as many checks as I have bottles. since we have to use RTF and not powder, we usually have many bottles at once.
  • Hg45 said:

It's just a signature no biggie however, why didn't you ask to see the manager? I would have if I knew I was right and did not get an explanation. If you felt strongly about not providing your signature, I would have stuck to my guns and demanded the service they are supposed to give (politely of course :-))

I should have, I left LO screaming in.the car with dh, so wanted to be in and out.

I'm surprised that some of you ladies can only use one! Is it store policy or the individual cashier? I usually buy a lot formula when stores have giftcard deals and I have formula checks
  • Since it's used like a coupon, it's supposed to be only one check per item. Some stores may waive that, though.
  • I've never had to sign them. I've always been able to use one per item in the same transaction. Like if I bought 4 things of formula, I could use 4 checks but if I only bought one, I could use one check.
  • I've been able to do the one per item.
    Maybe the cashier thought it was similar to a WIC check? I know I had to have the ladies sign the back of those checks when I worked at target
  • @KatyBriggs‌ key sequence at Target: k5, k2, type 5.00, hit enter, and put check into machine. Usually cashiers thank me for teaching them, usually.
  • I was disappointed the last time I bought formula. I had a coupon and a check, and I thought I could use both for one. But apparently not. I ended up using the coupons, and saving the checks for next time. Not a huge deal, since I'm buying a bunch on a regular basis, but it was just annoying.

I used to work at walmart, and it took a LONG time (and a new system) before I stopped telling the cashiers how to do certain things (like run WIC, or formula checks--not for myself, but for the inevitable person in front of me, waiting for the cashier to get a CSM to help them...)

dx PCOS 2007

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

• Ugh. I hate that. We had an older coupon for Enfamil before they changed their tubs to .5 ounce less and the cashier refused to work with us. They really need instructions on those!
  • I have only gotten a few Enfamil checks. And I haven't had any new checks in the last couple of months. (I was receiving Similac AND Enfamil checks at one point).

dx PCOS 2007

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"