Infertility
Options

Am I the only hardened, bitter one?

So I'm happily enjoying my vacation...when I make the epic mistake of checking facebook...the first 5 posts I see are 3 pregnancy announcements and 2 sets of newborn pics.  

I am blessed with some wonderful friends and have been blessed with a very fortunate life, aside from this IF crap.  But I often feel like if IVF doesn't work for us, I want to move to Europe and live a life where we only make friends with others who are child free by choice - or not by choice, but basically those who we know won't surprise us with an announcement.  I picture us with our child free friends, drinking fabulous wine, living some glamorous life along the Mediterranean - hahaha!  But then I worry it's a totally selfish thought.  Am I the only crazy one who wants to do this?  Tell me I'm not!

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)

Re: Am I the only hardened, bitter one?

• Options
    Nope. Another hardened, bitter over here.  In the last year, my DH and I have often searched for downtown condos to live the amazing childfree life that I know we'll have to have to make the dream of not being parents bearable. 
    Siggy/Ticker Warning

IVF #1: August 2012 Lupron Protocol | 8R 8M 8F |Transfer 2|BFN
    IVF #2: April 2014 Antagonist Protocol|12R 11M 10F|Transfer 2|BFP | m/c 5.8.14 
    FET#1: Transfer Day 8/29 | BFP | Beta 1: 302 Beta 2: 732
    U/S shows two beautiful heartbeats at 122!!
    Lost Baby B at 9 weeks 
    Baby A is our stubborn little fighter with a heartrate of 169!

Team BLUE!

• Options
    Yep me too. If we have to live CFNBC, I often think of us moving overseas and just traveling with no roots. I'm sure if the time comes I'll be able to except it after awhile but right now I just couldn't imagine living without a child and still living my same life here.
    Me: 30 DH: 30 ~ TTC #1 Since August 2011 
    BFP #1 2/28/13, Ectopic, Tubal surgery 3/25 
    Began RE testing 8/8, Dx Unexplained, 
    IUI #1 11/1=BFN Moving on to IVF 
    IVF #1 12/2 ER 8R 7M 4 fertilized
    12/7 Transferred 2 "perfect" little blasts 12/17 BFN
    New DX= DOR, I fu*kng hate IF
    1/14 Hysteroscopy, new clean uterus!
    IVF #2: bcp, Lupron, follistim 300, menopur 225. 2/21 8R 4M 3F. 3dt of 2 perfect embryos. 1 little penguin 
     3/10 BFFN
    Regrouping. Seeing reproductive immunologist Dr. Kwak Kim 6/10 
    Kwak Kim protocol: Metformin 1000mg, vitamin D 4000iu, vitamin E 400iu, baby aspirin, Metanx, levothyroxine 75mcgs 
     Surprise BFP 9/21!!! Beta #1 247, Beta #2 630. Miscarried 10/13

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope! You're not alone; that lifestyle sounds fabulous. We built a large home for all those babies we were going to have (loooool), so I do keep up with the housing market in case we decide to give up and sell. We'll also go with a large townhouse close to the city when we do sell. It'd be amazing to move to Europe but my husband's position ties us to the DC area.
    TTC #1 since 2011 · Me (35, PCOS, AMA, abnormal eggs) and DH (47, MFI)
    2012-2013: 3 Clomid cycles, 3 IUIs, all BFNs
    IVF #1 January 2014: 14R/12M/9F 1 transferred, 3 frozen = BFN
    FET #1 March 2014: 1 transferred = BFFN · FET #2 May 2014: 2 transferred = BFFN
    IVF #2 June 2014: 24R/11M/10F 6 PGS tested: 1 normal embryo, 1 with no result
    FET #3 in March 2015: 2 transferred = BFFN
    imageimageimageimageimage
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    CindalCindal member
    Not alone. We've talked quite seriously of picking up and moving. We've thrown out moving to Ireland or maybe someplace out west. Somewhere so far that I won't be tempted to visit all the places I grew up with as a child and can't share with one of my own, somewhere so far that it doesn't matter who else gets knocked up I won't be expected to be around them.

TTC since March of 2012
    Me: 27 Dh: 35 Testing Begins 3/5/13
    Six SA's show DH has low numbers across the board = severe MFI
    Genetic testing for me = MTHFR+, also carrier for blood clotting disorder Otherwise all else normal
    Dh's karotype= Normal!!
     Mini-IVF/ICSI - July -August 2014 - 1R,M,&F Transferred 1 Grade 1 Morula-5dt - BFFN

• Options
    mm29mm29 member

Plus, I live in Utah...the land of eternal pregnancies.
    Me too.  What valley?  
    ::: Married June 2003:::
    TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
    Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
    Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
    IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
    IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
    IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
    Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
    imageimage image 
  • Options
    We've also made plans if we have to live CFNBC. I doubt we'd move (our jobs tie us to the LA area), but we've decided we'll travel extensively. 
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    19-year history of endometriosis. Multiple surgeries and cyst removals. Forced directly into IVF due to blocked tubes and severe adhesions.
    IVF w/ICSI and CCS #1 - Dec 2013 - Only 1 normal. Ended in CP
    IVF w/ICSI and CCS #2, at CCRM - March 2014!
    14R, 12 ICSI'd, 11F, 6 for CCS, 5 healthy blasts frozen!
    Two 5BB blasts transferred 9/10; First beta 9/19: 109; second beta 9/22: 550!
    EDD: 5/29/15

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    mm29mm29 member
    @mm29 Utah Valley, what about you?
    YGPM
    Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 

imageimage image 
  • Options
    Not at all!! I am extremely bitter and would love to move away too but it just wouldn't be practical with the rest of our family here.

Me: 32  DH: 33  Married: March 2004

July 2006: started TTC
    2008: HSG (normal), couple rounds of clomid through gyno
    2008 - 2010: dragging my feet out of fear and procrastination
    October 2010: first consultation with RE, dx PCOS and fibroids (DH slightly low count/motility)
    Oct. 2010 - Dec. 2012:  In DENIAL! avoided the issue because I was scared of surgery
    January 2013: returned to RE, fibroids grew significantly
    February 2013: second HSG, fibroids pushed on tubes which blocked them somewhat
    March 2013: MRI to determine what type of surgery may be necessary

July 29, 2013: fibroids (5) removed via robotic laparascopy
    August 2013 - Nov 2013 : benched due to recent surgery

IUI #1, Dec. 24, 2013, BFN 
    IUI #2, Jan. 25, 2014, BFN
    IUI #3, Feb. 25, 2014  BFN
    IUI #4 canceled due to lack of response to letrozole
    IUI #4.1 April 28, 2014, BFN

May 16, 2014: wtf consult, start prepping for IVF in June and add injects for one last IUI in the meantime
    IUI #5 started letrozole and bravelle but canceled after HSG led to new diagnosis

May 21, 2014: third HSG, tubes blocked, one at the beginning, one hydrosalpinx??
    June 11, 2014: consult, approved to move on to IVF because the hydro is not completely blocked therefore allowing fluid to move through slowly rather than backwards
    IVF #1 August 8, 2014 - 3dt of 2 embryos, BFN
    September 17, 2014 - 4th HSG, the right tube is very patent (open!!) dye went straight through this time. Weird!
    October 2, 2014 - started metformin treatment
    November 14, 2014 - blood work, brought A1C down from 5.8 to 5.5

November 26, 2014 - RE finally back from vaca and reviewed my chart, no more IVFs for rest of calendar year
    December 1, 2014 - Right after Thanksgiving, I called a new clinic and got in right away! Plan for IVF
    December 17, 2014 - ER! 29 retrieved (!!), 16 mature, all 16 fertilized (ICSI)

IVF #2 December 20, 2014 - 3dt of 3 embryos, BFN

We are done with treatment unsuccessfully. :(

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

image    image
  • Options
    Definitely not the only one. My day was ruined earlier this week when I learned through Facebook that a co-worker had a kid almost exactly a year after they had gotten married.
    Ready to take the road less traveled. 
  • Options
    mm29mm29 member
    I've been bitter for years. 
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    ***New RE***

imageimage image 
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    LO95LO95 member
    Ah. DH and I were just talking about this today.

Aside from my mom, we feel that a majority of our extended family is toxic for us- very unsympathetic to IF and just basically shitty people in general.

As much as we dream of going to some beach town, I don't know that we will ever be able to afford that.  BUT vacations to cool places? Oh yeah.

Me: 27 DH: 27

October 2013: Endo erosion/ Clear HSG

March 2014: SA #1/  2%morph, borderline sperm count, decent motility

June 2014: SA#2/  2% morph, low sperm count, worse motility

Plan: "Quick Start IVF"/antagonist protocol with Follistim, Ganirelix, Ovidrel and progesterone suppositories (yay)

High AMH (11) and Low BMI= low doses of everything to prevent OHSS

July 27, 2014: Started Follistim injections for ten days

July 31, 2014: U/S= 20 follicles, 8.5 lining, E2 is good, Ganirelix for 4 days starting 8/2

August 4, 2014: 14 follicles on-track, good lining, Trigger 8/6

August 9, 2014: 9 ICSIed/ 5 embryos; aiming for a 5dt on 8/13

August 13, 2014: 5DT of 1 4BA almost-hatching blastocyst (Please hang in, Little Bug!)

August 14, 2014: We have 3 frosties! Hope they're having fun hanging out together. :)

August 23, 2014: Beta #1: 144 8/23/14: Beta #2: 374 Beta 8/25/14  Beta #3: 6,600 9/3/14

September 9, 2014: Ultrasound #1 115 heartbeats per minute

September 23, 2014: Ultrasound #2 182 heartbeats per minute 

September 26, 2014: Love my OB's office

October 10, 2014: Our baby looks like a baby and is moving all over!  

December 8, 2014: Anatomy scan- It's a girl! 

"Hope strengthens.  Fear kills."- Karen Marie Moning

"Heaviness is only temporary; the daylight will soon break in."- needtobreathe

• Options
    Awww, I'm so sorry everyone feels this way. It comes in waves. Mostly these days, I am numb. Completely apathetic. I'm doing my best to just focus on the happy stuff. It's not always easy.
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • Options
    Hoping4LO said:
    I'm with you. We would either move to the east coast or Florida. I know there are pregnancies and kids everywhere, but I don't think it would bother me if it was people I hadn't known as long. It's hard to see friends who were married long before have kids. I know it's not a competition but it hurts.
    I think that's more what got me today...by now, I can handle announcements ok, but the 2 I saw were from 2 of my really good high school friends.  Now I'm the last of our group of HS friends without babies :( 

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • Options
    ***child mentioned not mine***

Bitter, hateful and jealous. That's how I feel most of the time when I hear about someone else's kid/pregnancy. Only a recent bfp of a friend didn't bother me because she is undergoing ivf too. She's been through hell. But in other news I have step kids so of course taking care of them and not my own child is hard. Then to top it off My bonus kids put pictures on Instagram and fb constantly of their siblings. It's a slap in the face every time I see one. Id love to run away...but with my DH being tied to his kids here there would be no way. Yes I signed on to be a stepmom but I never thought that I wouldn't be a mom too. It's hard.
    SIGGY WARNING//TICKER WARNING//PAIF

Long of the Short:
     TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
     First Re appt was September 2013 OOP for everything minus meds  
    DH's TESE surgery December 2013
    First cycle was February 2014 BFN none to freeze
     Second cycle was April 2014 BFP ending in Chemical Pregnancy none to freeze
     Third cycle June 2014 BFN none to freez
     Fourth cycle October 30th 28 retrieved, 13 mature and 12 fertilized
    PICSI, assisted hatching and fresh sperm from my DH's TESE surgery used
    5 FROZEN from a freeze all cycle! 
    FET completed on DECEMBER 9TH!!!
    Beta #1 13dp5dt BFP!! 800
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 
    First Scan January 5th! Everything looks great! Heart rate of 121!
    Second Scan January 20th. Baby Justone13 looks amazing. Heart rate of 175!
    Baby Girl is due August 27th
    Liv Annmarie born 8/25 7lbs 6oz 21 1/2 inches long 

• Options
    Sigh202Sigh202 member
    edited July 2014
    @gsancho. Thought of your post at the supermarket today. A guy came up to me and asked for money to feed his 5 young kids. I really wanted to tell him that I could not financially support his decision not to use contraception since all of my extra money was going towards having a child.
    Ready to take the road less traveled. 
  • Options
    HpearlHpearl member
    I was just having this discussion with my hubby on Friday.  Its baby, or sell the darn house and live elsewhere.    You are def not the only one! 

I think for me,  if I can't have children I will simply start a new life.    I work for a preschool as a manager.  It is a high stress, low paying job.   Maybe this is selfish,  but if I can't have kids I am so out of there.   It would just be too painful. I have other passions I could pursue,  and not having a 4 bedroom house to worry about (mortgage or otherwise),  and worrying about myself and my husband only would change my outlook on things. 

Life is too short.  This last two years has been really painful.   Feels more like 24 failures, you know? 

Who wouldn't want to run off to Europe and drink great wine?  :) 
    image"">
    TTC since 2012
    Me 35, DH 32 -DH SA all clear
    8/97 severe perotinitis infection as a result of ruptured appendix. poss abdomen/tube scarring
    1/12 HSG all clear!
    2/12 Multiple fibroids diagnosed,  2 submucosal
    3/14 Hashimoto diagnosed, began treatment
    3/14 first RE appointment
    5/14 successful lapriscopic myomectomy via power morcellation
    as of 7/14.....not so patiently waiting
    poss IUI/IVF fall 2014
      BIG Surprise BFP Aug 2014!

• Options
    I am so happy to see other couples that have "back up" plans. Honestly, I think our back up plan is what helps us get thru this hard time during ivf. Don't get me wrong, we would love to have a child but we do like to think we have an alternative plan too. We don't talk about moving away, but rather just traveling a few times a year and other things we will do. Baby dust to all!
  • Options
    Sign me up for hardened and bitter! We are pretty close to CFNBC and it gets harder and harder as we approach this last chance. MH and I talk in generalities about a backup plan, but just as often we'll slip and say, "when we have kids..." It's so hard to let it go.

I'll gladly join y'all at the beach for a cocktail or seven!
    ----
    *I am no longer regularly posting on TB because of the fucked up debacle of Jan 2015 when administrators banned long-term members and mods with no notice and completely dismantled a community full of women who cared about each other.  If you see me posting it's only to give support to a poster who needs it or to post something important enough that I need to say.  I am no longer responding to  anything other than issues that affect people who I care about*
    37 years old, MH is 42
    TTC since 2010; Dx Unexplained Infertility; possible male factor 
    August 2012 through June 2013:  6 IUIs with clomid and trigger shot, all BFNs
    7/2013, Pregnant! Unmedicated--we were on a treatment break
    8/20/13 no heart beat; 8/23/13 d&c
    3/15/14 IVF #1:  Lupron/Follistim/Menopur; ER 3/10 resulting in four transfer grade blastocysts, transferred one pretty blast and froze the remaining three. BFN. 
    Natural FET in May cancelled because the universe hates me my hormones were not cooperating.
    6/24/14 FET #1: transferred two pretty embryos; BFN   
    8/28/14 FET #2: BFP, ended in Chemical pregnancy

Done with medical intervention and getting used to the idea of CFNBC.  

All welcome
  • Options
    We talk about this at least once a week. The only reason you live where I do, is to raise a family, therefore I refuse to stay here. I have very little family that I am willing to leave behind, but DH on the other hand has a very large family that makes him hesitant. I want to move south, somewhere warm and sunny and sit outside and drink as many cocktails as I want with my golden bronze tan. My only sacrifice I would make, is to buy some land here and mother as many fur babies as possible....horses, goats, pot bellied pig, bunnies, dogs, kitties, chickens....basically my own petting zoo :)
    Me:30 DH:30 
    TTC since January 2013 
    Him: Excellent SA
    Me: 2 clear HSG's, perfect 28 day cycle with ovulation, all testing/blood work good
    1/23/14- **Surgery**
    Diagnosis: severe pelvic adhesions from stage 3/4 endo and old ruptured appendix
    RE Recommends IVF due to likely tubal damage
    IVF #1- November 2014 
                     Started stims 11/7. Antagonist Protocol
                     Trigger 11/17, HCG/Lupron
                     ER 11/19   27R/24m/14F
                     ET 11/24   1 little embie 
                     5 frosties!!! 
                     First ever BFP-  12/4 Beta #1: 35  12/8 Beta #2: 9  CP 

FET #1- February 2015 

• Options
    I don't think we're all as bitter and hardened as we sometimes feel we are.... (though, ask me that question again the next time I'm at a BBQ with an inordinate amount pregnant ladies and new moms, and I'll give you a different answer).

We don't have a CFNBC back up plan, and now I'm wondering if we should.  I've always thought if we have to accept failure for IVF, we'll jump right into the adoption process, and hope and pray it isn't as painful and drawn out as IUI and IVF seems to be.  Even bad luck runs out at some point, right?

We do love to travel, but 5 cats says we'll be staying put the majority of the time, at least as long as we are burried in cat fur and kitty litter.

*** Ticker Warning ***

Me: 37, DH: 39, TTC 5 yrs

2013 summary: Diagnosed with Hypothyroid; Cervical polyp removed (benign); 
    2 rounds ovidrel with timed intercourse (no result): 3 rounds IUI with clomid + ovidrel (no result)
    2014 summary (to date):
    IVF cycle 1 - ER: 4/17 (28 follicles, 3 fertilized, 2 survived to day 3);
    ET: 4/20 (3rd day, 2 embryos - 1 @ 6 cells & 1 @ 4 cells); Beta 5/1 - BFP!; 
    1st scan 5/13 - development behind, no heartbeat detected; D&C 6/2; WTF 6/13
    IVF cycle 2 - BCP begun 7/12; stims w/ HGH begun 7/26; 
    ER: 8/6, 12 follicles, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI; ET: 8/11, 3 blastocysts left, 2 transferred, 3rd arrested 8/12 - none to freeze :'(
    1st beta 8/19 - BFP! 294; 2nd beta 8/26 - 4976; 1st u/s 9/2; 2nd u/s 9/9 - two little heartbeats at 140 each!!! 
    EDD: 29-April-2015
    Other Meds: Synthroid 100 mcg/daily

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, bitter and tired of being bitter! I just hate that people are so unaware of our struggles, or at least, they know we have these fertility issues, yet are so unsympathetic, a friend of mine recently asked me to help her plan her daughters baby shower like 5 seconds after she asked me : "any luck with a little one?" Seriously, after asking me the same question for 4 years, she should buy a clue and plan her own $#% € shower!
  • Options
    Lurker ... former poster... Siggy warning, loss mentioned..

No, you are not alone.   I hate facebook for that exact reason.  For the brief moment in time of being pregnant, I really thought long and hard if I would make a pregnancy announcement... it's weird because it's the thing you have hated so much for so long, but also the thing that you are secretly dying to do.  Obviously now after having a miscarriage it is a moot point but still I hate them but yet still fantasize about one day possibly having my official announcement.. sad I know but it is what it is.

On other notes, I too wish that being childless wasn't viewed with a stigma.  My husband and I went four wheeling this past weekend on our quads, that yes we own.. and i had a 'friend' i guess you could call it say, 'man I wish my husband and I could afford to do the fun things you and your husband could do, but we have kids... must be nice...' ... I really wanted to kill her, which I know is a horrible thought but geez lady you have no clue what I have gone through over the last several years.  I would kill for your life of 'just' getting to stay at home with your family on the weekends... but I can't have that, I may never will, so I am going to try and enjoy my marriage and my time, please do not judge me for that.

Ok thanks for letting me vent for a bit... I miss you ladies. :)
    Siggy Warning... loss mentioned

Married since March 2008 -- Me- 31    DH - 30  Trying to grow our family since 2009... Diagnosed Unexplained Infertility 

Started seeing RE Aug 2013

Cycle #1  – IUI #1  10.31.13 - BFN

Cycle #2 - IUI #2 cancelled – FAIL

Cycle #3 - IUI #2 12.27.13  BFN

Cycle #4 -  IUI #3 1.24.14  BFN

Cycle #5 - IVF #1 with ICSI(2 3bb blasts) 3.19.14, no frosties.. BFN

Surprise BFP on 6.10.14 ... Miscarried 7.7.14 

Walked away from Fertility Treatments and began to look into our Foster/Adopt License in April 2014.

Our Journey Blog...  http://salatafamilyest2008.blogspot.com/

• Options
    ktabsktabs member
    The holidays is the only time I am bothered by it. I can't even handle facebook because it is a constant reminder. My husband had a great point this past year and it helped- ( mind you, I am not one to show off or brag but sometimes you just can!! ) during the holidays he spoils me with lavish gifts. We aren't wealthy or anything, just comfortable. So while Facebook friends show how "truly blessed" they are with children- I show how "truly blessed" I am with material things! Ha! It certainly doesn't compare but hey, they can't have shallow designer purses, but I can't have kids!
    PAIF
    pregnant after round 2 of IVF. Transferred 2 embryos and (surprise!) was pregnant with triplets. Identicals passed at 8 and 10 weeks. Still have one healthy baby boy with EDD of July 30!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @gsancho the Mediterranean  is my choice for an alternate plan too!  Of course, we'd have to win the lottery first because I'm not moving to Europe unless I can hang around and relax and garden all day.  Really though, if we can't have kids we're just going to sell our house.  It seemed like a good idea at the time to buy a house to grow into. Now it's just a reminder of how naive DH and I once were. 

I tell people all the time that if you're not feeling well (or you're dealing with something difficult like IF) then you go right ahead and act however you need to act to make it through the day.
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

TTC#1 since 2010 Me: 30 DH:35 
     Dx: unexplained
    4 failed IUI's (2 clomid, 2 Gonal-F)
    IVF/ICSI#1: April 2014 (24 retrieved,14 fertilized, 5dt of 2 embryos and 6 frozen) Beta 5/10- BFN
    Hysteroscopy :  August 2014 (adhesions, and pre-polyps found and removed)
    FET#1: September 11th, 2 hatching frosties transferred
    1st Beta 9/22: 896 2nd Beta: 1924
    EDD: 5/30/15

image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"