January 2015 Moms

Favorite Baby Name Resources?

What are some of your favorite places to look for baby names? My husband and I want something unique but not strange for our baby girl. (Our son's name is Dirk)

Re: Favorite Baby Name Resources?

• I love Nymbler! It gives suggestions of names you may like based on names you love.

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• I like nameberry personally!
  • Loading the player...
  • I like the Baby Names board.

mm 2/17/11 * dd born 4/20/12 * bo 1/3/14 * edd 1/211/15 

• I like nameberry. I also like just checking out a few books from the library too
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP 1: 9/19/11 , DS born 5/28/12 @ 41 weeks

BFP 2: 11/8/13, NMC 11/27/13 @ 8w4d, we love you sweet baby!
    BFP 3: 5/16/14 Stick, sweet little one!
  • nymbler and behindthename.com were my go-to resources.
  • Another fan of Nymbler!

When I typed Dirk into Nymbler, some of the girl suggestions that I got and thought were cute were Nina, Ruby, Trudy, Tilda, Lola, Flora.

Of course, I also got Zelda and Elvira. ;)
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I think zelda is an awesome name ;)
  • Anyone know if there is a site that I can plug in my last name (which happens to be a first name) that will show suggestions on first names? Everything I like so far doesn't flow with my last name.

• StargirlbStargirlb member
    edited July 2014

Anyone know if there is a site that I can plug in my last name (which happens to be a first name) that will show suggestions on first names? Everything I like so far doesn't flow with my last name.
    We were totally desperate when it came to naming, so dh ordered this "Kabalarian Name Report." Hilarious. It's basically a name version of horoscopes (aka, bunk,) but it was really fun. You can do a free name report for your own name, or you can pay for them to consult on your choice of baby name / last name. Totally embarrassing. https://www.kabalarians.com
  • CbeanzCbeanz member

Anyone know if there is a site that I can plug in my last name (which happens to be a first name) that will show suggestions on first names? Everything I like so far doesn't flow with my last name.

Babynamegenie but I think that site is just for fun.
  • I really wanna try nymbler, but it always freezes my internet! =(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"