January 2015 Moms

Re: FFFC

• My two year old was up all night, seriously the whole night. I am going to need a whole lot more than the recommended amount of coffee today.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I noticed as I was dropping my daughter off with my step-mom for the day that my right front tire was almost flat. I am going to play dumb so my friend will come and fix it for me. I would rather not do it myself. Call me lazy.
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Woke up at two am with horrible gas pains, realized my husband wasn't home still from work (he's a cop and had a late night dui stop) so for two hours I sit in pain only to finally fall asleep and then have him walk in at four and be in a bad mood and want to talk about- I told him to be stop talking I was trying to sleep...and he keeps going! STFU husband prego has to wake up in an hour for work!!! Ughhh
  • I've looked up friends registries and judge what they are asking for.

"Nope, don't need that, or that, that's stupid." ect...

• The way my appointments worked out, my doctor didn't think it was necessary to schedule an appointment between 14 weeks and 20 weeks (unless I want to go in for reassurance). I was totally cool with that, but lately, I've been paranoid that something is wrong. I hate this feeling, and I hate even more knowing that I am pretty much going to be worried about something for the rest of my life, as I'm not deluded enough to think that once the baby is here, I'll stop being worried. lol.

I keep telling myself that the spina bifida blood test that came back normal last week means everything is fine, but I wish I could just hear the heartbeat before the A/S. I kind of hate this anxious bundle of nerves that I am. I feel like a psycho. 
  • YaMrWhite said:
    Wednesday I ate supper and then had to run to town to get a gift for a bridal shower. I was so hungry that I stopped and got a second supper. Sushi roll, seaweed salad, miso soup. I'm a hobbit.
    "Second Lunch" has totally become a thing for me now. No shame - if I'm hungry, I eat!
    I'm more into second breakfast!
    YES!  I have been loving up on egg sandwiches.
    Eggsactly ;) I made a few sandwiches this past weekend with egg, cheese, and ground turkey sausage so I have one to take with me to work after 1st breakfast. I think I may keep doing this!
  • @LilacCourt‌ I am so very sorry you're both going through that. Lots of prayers for you and your grandma.
  • pray67pray67 member
    I hate taking showers these days. They are so tiring and they already make me feel breathless. have gone beyond a day without a shower. Ewww that does not sound good, does it? @-) I wish this could be one of those things that someone else could do it on my behalf once in a while. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • amiej1227amiej1227 member
    edited July 2014
    @idontevenknow‌ my cousin has custody of her kids and I guess her ex is going back to court to pay less child support... And she is pissed, but what makes me question the whole thing was my mom was saying how if he pays less how they won't get to keep their house, and I'm like why would child support make a difference in their house they shouldn't have a house that they can't afford if they don't have it! And my mom was like well if they get less then the kids won't be able to do as many activities because it will go to the house. And I'm still sitting here thinking, why get a house you can't afford without child support? I feel bad for the kids but it makes me question the parents...

I should add that they might not lose the house either it will just make things tighter...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Bonus FFFC: DS and I got in the car to go to town (15 miles away) for groceries and I completely forgot my car was out of gas. Got on the interstate before I realized it, with no way to get to a gas station and no way to turn around. Currently parked in a friends drive way waiting for DH to come rescue me. I'm an idiot.
  • Today I'm having one of those days where I don't know how the hell I'm supposed to have two kids so close together. My son has been crying since 730 this morning and I have zero clue what's wrong. Zero. And I wish they made baby Z Quil
  • pray67 said:

I hate taking showers these days. They are so tiring and they already make me feel breathless. have gone beyond a day without a shower. Ewww that does not sound good, does it? @-) I wish this could be one of those things that someone else could do it on my behalf once in a while. 

ME TOO! It's exhausting. I've had to start taking baths just so I can sit.
  • I'm so annoyed this morning!! Custodial parents: If you receive child support and refuse to work, get a GED and drivers license and the non custodial parent frequently sends the child back to you with new clothes, please don't ask them to buy shoes and winter clothes for the kid! Get your ass to work. Fuck. And SO, if the child's mom asks you to buy shit for the kid and you go ahead and do it even though you already pay her... don't fucking tell me about it. I've been a single mom for 11 years (only 8 if you count when my SO came into the picture) and never once would I ask my kids father for anything outside of child support.ugh!! Thanks for letting me vent.
    That blows. I'm the custodial parent of my daughter, and I never ask her father to buy her anything specifically, but he will get her school supplies, and he provides her clothing while she is there on visitation; I don't mind because the incoming child support is less than regular, so the more he offers to get her, the less I have to get since I'm not getting money from him for her anyway.

On the other hand, FI is the non-custodial parent of his daughter, and last year we sent a big box of clothes (in-good-shape hand-me-downs from my daughter, and a couple of new outfits for her to start school with), and her mother had the nerve to complain that we sent her dirty clothes (mind you, I paid $20 to ship a huge box to Virginia from NY), and then proceeded to ask on FB for consignment shops in the area because she needed to buy her new clothes and didn't have a lot of money. Really, there was nothing wrong with the clothes we sent. She ALSO continues to send her up here with a suitcase full of clothes that are 1-2 sizes too small.

Sorry got off on a tangent. Co-parenting is HARD.
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Another for today:

I'm having a really hard time "bonding" with this baby. I just feel nothing. Really trying to change that, but not sure how.
    Don't sweat it. It's hard to "bond" with something we can't see. I didn't feel a connection to my daughter until months after she was born! It was so different with my son, I felt it right from the start. With this one, I forget I"m even pregnant half the time. Don't worry, it'll come all in its own time.
    OMG too many tickers...
  • emmyg65 said:

pray67 said:

I sit in the shower.

I've considered getting one of those old person shower chairs.

-------

My moms guest shower has one built in and it's lovely :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP 1: 9/19/11 , DS born 5/28/12 @ 41 weeks

BFP 2: 11/8/13, NMC 11/27/13 @ 8w4d, we love you sweet baby!
    BFP 3: 5/16/14 Stick, sweet little one!
  • emmyg65 said:
    I sit in the shower.
    I've considered getting one of those old person shower chairs.
    I have a step stool for shaving :)
  • pray67 said:
    I've been showering every 3 days so I guess that makes me a real scummer. It's not really hot here, and my hair hasn't been getting as oily in between like it normally does non-pregnant.
    OMG too many tickers...
  • I'm so annoyed this morning!! Custodial parents: If you receive child support and refuse to work, get a GED and drivers license and the non custodial parent frequently sends the child back to you with new clothes, please don't ask them to buy shoes and winter clothes for the kid! Get your ass to work. Fuck. And SO, if the child's mom asks you to buy shit for the kid and you go ahead and do it even though you already pay her... don't fucking tell me about it.

I've been a single mom for 11 years (only 8 if you count when my SO came into the picture) and never once would I ask my kids father for anything outside of child support.ugh!!

Thanks for letting me vent.

Some people dont know how good they have it! Id never ask for anything extra outside child support in fact id just be happy if he paid that! Or half our daughters medical bills or half her medications or scratch that! A bag of milk even! Anything! id be grateful for
  • @amiej1227‌ wow... that is a crazy situation. The mom should have enough for the house without support... just in case. I definitely understand that support can go towards shelter... but not all of it.

@UberBiz‌ yes... coparenting sucks!

• One more for today:

I instantly ignore posts (on here, Facebook, hell even emails) if you start every word with a capital letter. It Is Really Annoying And Way More Work For You.

Seriously, it must take people at least twice as long to type like that when stopping to capitalize every word!
    I'm on mobile and my phone automatically tries to do this sometimes. It mostly happens when I use Swype. I'll have to delete and manually type everything to fix it. So it may be a technical issue and not someone trying to capitalize.
    same. My swipe capitalizes all the time. I'm too lazy to fix.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"