January 2015 Moms

Verifi results...huge relief!

I've mentioned here that our NT scan didn't go so well. The baby's NT measured 3.2 mm, and the perinatologist who met with us after the scan was not reassuring at all. After giving his speech about the increased risk for heart defects and chromosomal abnormalities, he said "well, it could be worse; there is no anencephaly." In other words, "cheer up! At least your baby has a brain!" If I weren't so stunned, I would have given him some tips on what NOT to say to anxious parents.

In any case, this past week has been one of the most stressful weeks of my life. I am so, so, grateful to have heard from the genetic counselor today that the entire test was negative. And...it's a girl! DD is going to have a little sister!  :x

I am keeping my fingers crossed for those of you still waiting for your CVS/cell free DNA test results. I hope the time passes quickly and you all have healthy babies.
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Verifi results...huge relief!

• Yay for a healthy girl and relieved stress and worry
  • I have such a morbid and dry sense of humour I totally LOLd.
  • Loading the player...
  • What wonderful news! Congrats on having a girl! :D

• Congratulations! That is amazing news!
  • Roxycc55Roxycc55 member
    edited July 2014
    Stargirlb said:

I have such a morbid and dry sense of humour I totally LOLd.

I can't deal with you.

ETA: sorry, OP I love titted your post but wanted to say congratulations! That's such a relief!

"As long as I live you will live. As long as I live you will be loved."

BFP#1 3/31/12 EDD 12/1/12,No HB 6/6/12 (14 weeks 4 days), D&C 6/11/12 (15 weeks 2 days)*Arabella Ann*

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#2 5/21/14 EDD 1/27/15 *GROW BABY GROW*

• Stargirlb said:
    Well, yeah-- it was a ridiculous attempt at reassurance. He was so lacking in insight that we've laughed about him a few times, too. You can't work as a nurse for as long as I have and not acquire the ability to laugh even in the midst of something horrible. But it was still totally horrible.
  • StargirlbStargirlb member
    edited July 2014
    Stargirlb said:
    Well, yeah-- it was a ridiculous attempt at reassurance. He was so lacking in insight that we've laughed about him a few times, too. You can't work as a nurse for as long as I have and not acquire the ability to laugh even in the midst of something horrible. But it was still totally horrible.
    My good friend's husband is a surgeon. He says things like this all the time. I actually went to him once for some random issue I was dealing with and he was inspecting and like wow that's bad, you're right." Then gave me the reasons why he recommended not actually doing anything about it. And then was like "But hey, you still look good." It's a good thing I'm thick skinned and have a sense of humour about that shit. lol

I think it's somewhat common with those in the medical profession who aren't necessarily trained in communication. My friend who is his wife is a genetic counsellor so the complete opposite and trained to be compassionate and communicate empathically. She says its painful going to the social events with all his surgeon friends because of having to listen to the convos!
  • I knew someone whose baby had no brain, so I guess its not particularly funny. Congrats on the hethy baby girl!
  • I knew someone whose baby had no brain, so I guess its not particularly funny. Congrats on the hethy baby girl!

Thanks. I hope it's clear that I was commenting on the doc's inept attempt at communication and not making light of a tragic condition. I can't even imagine how awful that must be.

Thanks. I hope it's clear that I was commenting on the doc's inept attempt at communication and not making light of a tragic condition. I can't even imagine how awful that must be.
    I think it is clear that you didn't find it funny and were scared.

"As long as I live you will live. As long as I live you will be loved."

BFP#1 3/31/12 EDD 12/1/12,No HB 6/6/12 (14 weeks 4 days), D&C 6/11/12 (15 weeks 2 days)*Arabella Ann*

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#2 5/21/14 EDD 1/27/15 *GROW BABY GROW*

• Yay! I'm glad you got good results. What a relief!
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"