March 2015 Moms

What are you hungry for?

2»

Re: What are you hungry for?

• I feel most fulfilled after a meal if I have a starch. This is the only way I can keep morning sickness at bay. The nights I go to my mother's for dinner, she usually makes a side of red skin potatoes. Perfect! Wednesday, she had run out of potatoes and only had grilled chicken and green beans. This made for a very unpleasant evening. I never wanted pastas, potatoes, or rice pre-pregnancy since it made me feel so full so this is a complete change of appetite.

My mother craved baked potatoes with all three of her children, but didn't have a microwave with my two older brothers. My dad would have to take her out to a restaurant to find a baked potato prepared in a reasonable amount of time. My MIL ate cottage cheese throughout both her pregnancies, but I've never been a fan of it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • tunnel said:
    EVERYTHING CARBS.
    THIS!

But it's OK. Because:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel like my appetite is really weird these days. Last weekend we were busy all day and I was SO tired, but all I could think about was eating cauliflower sprinkled with cheese.  It took 20 minutes to steam it, but it was SO good.  I decided to go buy some more the next day and now I'm like, Eh, don't really want it.

Then earlier this week I was starving for... something, but didn't want anything in my fridge.  I didn't know what I wanted, so I couldn't send DH for it.  Overall, I am eating a lot of blueberries and strawberries.  They make a handy snack.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • GREASE, CARBS, SWEETS, AND SALTY anything totally unhealthy which sucks completely. WAY more craving then with my little boy; hoping this doesn't mean it's a girl as I'm secretly wishing for another boy ;)
  • Today, I want a giant filet mignon with brussel sprouts.
  • spaceykatiespaceykatie member
    edited August 2014
    For some reason the only things I can even think of eating are like, processed kid foods. Boxed mac and cheese (not the good, baked kind), chicken nuggets (not actual chicken), tater tots, hot dogs, etc. 

No one is going to believe me, but I swear I don't eat like this normally. I'm kinda horrified at myself. It's like anything that tastes like actual food is FORBIDDEN from my mouth. Except blueberries and pickles. Those are still cool. 

Thank god for prenatal vitamins. 
  • Today...anything I can get my hands on...a far cry from my norm these days
  • Right this second, pancakes and lots of bacon.
    Me: 28 DBF: 30
    BFP#1 07/10/14 EDD 3/14/15 Diagnosed with Blighted Ovum 08/18/14
    BFP#2  3/17/15 EDD 11/22/15
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Anything cold. I don't know why, but all hot food sounds disgusting to me right now.

The last 2 days have consisted of cereal, yogurt, pb&j (with Nutella of course), and ice cream.
    September Siggy Challengeimage
    Baby #1 
    Married: July 2011 TTC October 2012
    Diagnosed IF: Summer 2013 - PCOS
    Clomid cycle #1: 50mg BFN Clomid cycle #2: 100mg BFN
    IUI #1: Clomid 100mg BFN May 2014
    IVF #1: 13 eggs retrieved on 5/21/14, 11 fertilized, 5dt of 1 embryo on 5/26/14, & BFP 7/2/14!!!
    1st Beta: 286 2nd Beta: 770 3rd Beta: 3735
    EDD 3/14/15

image       image       image
  • Doritos, coke, and BLTs.
    imageimage

Anniversary

• Only thing I've been craving is avocado I ve had avocados in my last 3 sandwiches and had guacamole and chips! Good thing avocado is good for you
  • vargasgurlvargasgurl member
    edited August 2014
    The other day while DD was taking her nap on my way back from the pedi I became nauseous so I knew I needed to eat .. So I drove an additional 30mins to the nearest Blimpie and bought myself a Ham/ Cheese w extra vinegar and chips ... It was sooooooo delicious! I know cold cuts are THE worse!
    < image
  • Just ice cream right now
  • Haha! I'm with all the carb & dairy folks here: glasses of milk. cheerios. crackers with cheese. cottage cheese. yogurt.  please no meat, nothing spicy, no citrus, nothing hot (temp), nothing with a lot of flavor please!  Just the act of preparing food turns me off actually.  I used to like all foods pretty much, so this is very strange.
  • Watermelon. 24-7. And now spicy food too (chicken green curry.) Not together! [-X

Me: 34 DH: 36

Married since 11/11/11
    BFP#1 10/5/13 MC 11/11/13 @9wks 3d
    BFP#2 7/20/14 EDD 4/4/15

• Chocolate milk for some odd reason. Haven't drank that since I was a kid. Maybe its the kid in me that wants it? ;)

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15

• Ohhh just saw the orange juice comment -- that didnt stay down for me this morning, yuck! Thats a risky one.

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15

• Caprice salad. I want it all!!!

Married the love of my life: 5-17-14

BFP:6-27-14

EDD:3-11-15

Step Mom to Z: 4-11-06

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards