Working Moms

NWMR: B-day gifts for twin girls- 6 years old

The birthday party is this weekend and I am stumped on what to get them. DD was in Kinder with them, but I do not know the girls well. I want to avoid buying them the same thing...Or, should I buy them the same thing to avoid a fight? Any moms of twins with any ideas? Appreciate any suggestions- TIA!

Re: NWMR: B-day gifts for twin girls- 6 years old

• I would get them stuff they can share: board games, books, craft sets such as bracelet making, art sets.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would actually buy them each different gifts so they don't have to share and won't argue about whose it is later. If they want to trade, they can. I'd think it would also help each to feel special when they already have to share so much. But I'm not a twin, so this is a stab in the dark.
    One boy (11.26.12) and one girl (2.28.14)
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a twin so I thought I'd come in to lend my perspective. I don't have kids yet but I can speak from my own experience. If you want to get them similar gifts I think that would be fine ( ex: pink toy, purple toy, they can switch if they like the other one). I would just caution you from getting them one big gift. Indiviudal gifts are best. But i'm sure whatever you get will be fine!

• Mine are boy girl so this is often not an issue but I would also say two different gifts, they are individuals and sometimes when they're young it is hard enoughto have to share your bday and party and all that so sharing gifts would be more of the same.
  • I don't have twins but we've been to a couple double birthday parties for 2 siblings close in age. What we did was either buy them similar but not the same. So we bought them these mining helmets that have a real light on them - one was orange and one was green.

I have a sister that is very close in age to me and we liked being able to tell our stuff apart but we didn't mind having the same thing, particularly if it was something we could play with together.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

\image  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"