January 2015 Moms

Fast Meals

Britt1406Britt1406 member
edited July 2014 in January 2015 Moms
After getting home from work, the last thing I want to do is spend forever cooking (with DS asking "more" or "eat" ever two seconds!). So, what are your favorite fast prep meals (like 15 minutes or less prep, maybe under 30 cook time)?

Edit: Our go to for the most part seem to be: sloppy joes, tacos, quesadillas, sandwiches, spaghetti, or chicken & rice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fast Meals

• Someone post in here bc i want to know too!
  • Hamburger steaks with gravy and rice

Pizza (buy the pre-baked crust)

Shrimp Rolls (like Lobster rolls but you use Shrimp instead, DH fav)

Sausage and Peppers

Salmon Cakes

Crock-pot Recipes: Stuff you just throw in an let cook while at work includes: Pulled pork or beef, ribs, pot roast.

Just some that come off the top of my head.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • crock pot all the way!
  • Crock pot meals! I use my Crock pot all. The. Time.
    It saves so much time, no messes to clean up, and it's always delicious!

• Turkey Stroganoff

Cook ground turkey with a beef bullion cube and tons of Bell's Seasoning.  You can also add onion (I put onion in EVERYTHING).  When the turkey is just about done, add one can of cream of mushroom soup and one cup of chicken or beef broth.  Cook a few minutes more.  Serve over rice or egg noodles.

Baby boy due January 10

• Thanks! I was thinking recently I need to try the crockpot more! Maybe I'll search pinterest for some ideas for it. 

• Turkey Stroganoff

Cook ground turkey with a beef bullion cube and tons of Bell's Seasoning.  You can also add onion (I put onion in EVERYTHING).  When the turkey is just about done, add one can of cream of mushroom soup and one cup of chicken or beef broth.  Cook a few minutes more.  Serve over rice or egg noodles.

This sounds good! I always wonder what else to use my ground turkey with. 

• I also do a crockpot meal with ground turkey, cabbage, onion, chicken broth, garlic, red pepper flakes, and Everglades Heat seasoning.

There are times it comes out great, and times it comes out extremely boring.  It is the healthiest meal I make.  I prefer steak and potatoes with a ton of butter,  but I make healthy meals during the weekdays.

Baby boy due January 10

• Tonight I'm making roast beef in the crock pot! Easy!
    Roast, 1 onion, 3 cloves of garlic, thyme, rosemary and sage, olive oil and then a lot of baby carrots (because I am not into cutting them).

Then the drippings are the gravy after I add a bit of red wine.
    Hubby is in charge of potatoes but I like just carrots and meat.

Can't stop drooling talking about food
  • Im starving i want it all and i dont even eat red meat
  • Chicken, broccoli (frozen florets) tossed in cream of mushroom soup and milk, over pasta, it's an Alfredo recipe from Campbell's. My supermarket makes good rotisserie chicken so sometimes I get one and make a few quick sides, today it's mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans with mushrooms. Taco salad with grilled chicken. Meatballs (ground beef or chicken) but baked so no standing and frying. Broil chicken skewers over a pita, salad and tzatiki sauce I make or buy. I've been broiling meat more as it's hard to do stove top things with my little one. Lentil soup over rice.
  • 2 flank steak or skirt steak quickies. They are quick and easy! I marinate them in a ziplock baggy when I buy the meat and store them either in the freezer or fridge for a couple days.
    Just be sure to thaw in the morning! Both take about 30 mins and are fun flavors.

- Asian salad with peanut/sesame noodles
    Marinate with honey, lime, ginger, garlic and soy sauce
    Cook on the grill about 5 mins each side or under the broiler
    Add cilantro, lime, carrots, edamame and scallions to the salad greens
    Dressing is sesame oil, rice vineager, sugar and soy sauce with a squeeze of lime!
    Peanut noodles are just spaghetti dressed with sesame oil, peanut butter and rice vineager
    - Fajita salad
    Marinate with chilli powder, cumin, salt, lime, garlic and olive oil
    Cook on the grill about 5 mins each side or under the broiler
    I like to add a can of corn, black beans and cilantro to the salad greens. I do ranch dressing with Tabasco for dressing. Also for a more filling meal I do rice and beans on the side.
    5 IUIs and an IVF
    It's all worth it for Baby Boy, born 9/30/13!
    What do you know, Baby Girl just popped up! Due 1/2/15
  • I like to get those smithfield hams, just stick them in the oven for 40 mins (not super fast, but def easy). or frozen chicken courdon blues. usually for sides I do instant mashed potatoes, stuffing, or couscous,and canned corn, frozen peas or broccoli, or sauteed zucchini for veggies. I'm also a fan of grilled cheese and tomato soup for those days when you need some comfort food.
    Sometimes we are get some spicy sausages and cook them up, and either serve over pasta with alfredo sauce, or rice.
    Crock pot meals are always awesome, but I rarely plan far enough ahead to make them.
    Not gonna lie, half the time I just east cereal and dh has frozen chicken nuggets.
  • Sauté an onion , bell peppers, garlic. Add canned diced tomatoes, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.

When it's hot and bubbly, poach a few eggs in te tomato mix.

Spoon into bowls and top with feta and fresh parsley. Eat with naan or pita bread.

I think it's called shashouka or something like that. It's yummy and quick.

My other reallllly easy is fried egg sandwiches on sourdough

Or sourdough , cream cheese, and cucumber with dill

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP 1: 9/19/11 , DS born 5/28/12 @ 41 weeks

BFP 2: 11/8/13, NMC 11/27/13 @ 8w4d, we love you sweet baby!
    BFP 3: 5/16/14 Stick, sweet little one!
  • That sounds good!
  • cgkinseycgkinsey member
    edited July 2014
    I'm right there with you. Tonight it is steamed brown rice and veggie stir fry. You can add pork or chicken to pan on the side and all can be cooked at the same time, 12 min. max.

Another favorite in our house is ground turkey stroganoff. 15 min.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm big on the crock pot. I also find if I plan out the week ahead of time it's much quicker. I can't give you a lot of recipes cause I usually cook during nap and then finish at dinner time. One we like is tomato sauce in a crockpot. Get some chicken legs skinless but with bone brown them throw them in the crockpot and let them cook all day. Also, the grill is quick we do teriyaki chicken on the grill.

LOUD NOISES!

K- born 7/5/2011

G- born 6/24/2013

• Breakfast for dinner. Tonight we had cheesy scrambled eggs, toast, fruit and sliced cucumber.
    Fritatas.

• Shrimp is our go to for fast food. As long as it is thawed ahead of time, you shove those bad boys on a skewer and pop them on the grill.

I did mine with teriyaki sauce this week and made a mean yum yum sauce for dipping. (DH loved it).

I swear by the crockpot. You just set things up the night before. Leave it in the fridge. Pull out in the morning and let it do its thing all day.

I found a super simple recipe on Pinterest for chili in the crockpot. My favorite though is the salsa chicken. (Which makes a ton so we freeze half and voila you have dinner for another night down the road).
  • I am a boring cook. 

Sundays, I cook a big meal, and make sure i have enough leftover for Monday night dinner. 
    Tuesdays, We have paninis and either a salad or a cup of soup from a can.
    Wednesday is breakfast night.  Eggs, toast, omelets, breakfast casserole I can throw in the oven, etc.
    Thursday is a big salad night.   Sometimes grilled cheese.
    Friday and Saturday is protein / veggie / starch. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"