High-Risk Pregnancy

small placental infarct

Hello everyone,
Someone suggested I ask over here if everyone has had experience with finding an infarct on their placenta.  I am 20 weeks. Had my 20 week ultrasound on Monday. Baby is look excellent, but the radiologist noted a hyoechoic region related to a possible previous infarct. The nurse further clarified that this was very small and the doctor will just talk to me about it at my next regularly scheduled appointment in 3 weeks.  She said we may do some extra monitoring like an extra ultrasound and a few non stress tests. Dr. Google provided some very scary situations, but also noted that small infarcts are very common in most placentas. They did note though that in mature placentas they are common and abnormal in 2nd trimesters though.  I also thought about the possibility of improving technology noting more details that maybe a small infarct isn't too much to worry about, but are just more easily identified on ultrasound these days.

Anybody have experience with this? Anything I should be doing to prevent future issues? The doctor doesn't seem to think so but would like to hear others' experiences.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"