April 2013 Moms

UO?

Wow, how has this thread not been started yet? I thought of one this morning: I HATE "Let It Go" with the fire of a thousand suns. It is shrill, annoying, and a thousand singers could have done a better job than the one who actually sang the song. I am also the last parent on Earth who has not seen Frozen.

While I'm at it, I'll also add that the whole modern-era Disney movie juggernaut (post-2000 or so) seems like nothing more than ways to move associated merchandise. Not a fan.
Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.

Re: UO?

• Kate_CKate_C member
    Maybe this makes me sexist, but I think it is 10x worse for a man to have an emotional affair than a sexual one.  I would be much more hurt if my husband had a super close relationship with another woman than if he was just screwing around physically.  Don't get me wrong - I'd be pissed either way, but I feel like if he had a close friendship with another woman at the expense of his relationship with me (since communication is our major issue), it would be really hard for me to stomach.

-prompted by a discussion on the radio the other day of emotional affairs-

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kate_C said:

Maybe this makes me sexist, but I think it is 10x worse for a man to have an emotional affair than a sexual one.  I would be much more hurt if my husband had a super close relationship with another woman than if he was just screwing around physically.  Don't get me wrong - I'd be pissed either way, but I feel like if he had a close friendship with another woman at the expense of his relationship with me (since communication is our major issue), it would be really hard for me to stomach.

-prompted by a discussion on the radio the other day of emotional affairs-

Ugh honestly it would all be so hard for me that I'm not sure I could pick which is worse.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I consider myself pretty knowledgable about music and still sing, play guitar, piano, etc. I think the Frozen music is excellent! So you win for UO, PP.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Oh, and Idina Menzel is amazing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I hate the phrase 'fertile myrtle'.  That is all.

I see you that and raise you one "Becky home-ec'y"

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Kate_C said:
    I hate the phrase 'fertile myrtle'.  That is all.
    I see you that and raise you one "Becky home-ec'y"
    I have never heard of that one. Is it like Susie Homemaker?
    Yes.  

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"