January 2015 Moms

Kids at ultrasound

I'm thinking of taking dd to the ultrasound. She is just over 3 and is so excited for the baby. We will leave ds with my parents as he is 13 months and will be unhappy at a long visit. What do you all think? I didn't take her to any of ds's because she was young and didn't understand, but she so excited she talks about her baby sister all the time (I continually tell her it may be a baby brother but she says she already has one if those). Just seeing what you all think or are doing?

LOUD NOISES!

K- born 7/5/2011

G- born 6/24/2013

Re: Kids at ultrasound

• Go for it! My DD is 2 and we took her to our last U/S and she did great. I made sure the appt time was good for her and that I had lots of snacks and things to entertain her with in case the appt ran long. 
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • My hospital policy is that no one 13 and under is allowed in the ultrasound room. I would just make sure your hospital doesn't have a policy like that.
  • Loading the player...
  • My hospital policy is that no one 13 and under is allowed in the ultrasound room. I would just make sure your hospital doesn't have a policy like that.

no they don't care, they love her. They asked if they could keep her there for entertainment. They have zhu zhu pets (?) there she loved it. I just think she would enjoy finding out with us, I'm not sure,

LOUD NOISES!

K- born 7/5/2011

G- born 6/24/2013

• I think that would be really fun! We aren't taking E simply because we are going at her nap time but I think 3 is a great age!
  • jennkg3 said:
    My hospital policy is that no one 13 and under is allowed in the ultrasound room. I would just make sure your hospital doesn't have a policy like that.

no they don't care, they love her. They asked if they could keep her there for entertainment. They have zhu zhu pets (?) there she loved it. I just think she would enjoy finding out with us, I'm not sure,
    You go to a hospital for your ultrasounds? Interesting! Mine are done in my Dr. office. And like you, they love her! My OB delivered her and loves seeing her :)
  • My DD loves seeing the baby! Her favorite part is hearing the heartbeat. She says "listen mommy it goes boom chicka boom" I bring her to every one.
  • Well then I think that would be cute! She's get to see the little baby in action.
  • @YaMrWhite‌ no sorry missed that part it's at the dr office. The office is brand new as in they moved last month. The u/s tv is apparently huuuuge. With dd and ds we went to a midwife practice so their us was so fuzzy you couldn't see anything honestly they used them strictly for checking on health and didn't care much about sex (which is why they got ds wrong). So I'm excited too!

LOUD NOISES!

K- born 7/5/2011

G- born 6/24/2013

• DD (just over 2) came to our viability scan and we are planning on taking her to the anatomy scan, too.  I will hopefully have DH with me, too (he was at the viability one), so that will help.

But the OB practice I'm going to sort of bends over backwards for kids...  They have a play corner in the waiting room with books and toys and have mini chairs in the exam rooms for kids to sit on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jennkg3 said:
    @YaMrWhite‌ no sorry missed that part it's at the dr office. The office is brand new as in they moved last month. The u/s tv is apparently huuuuge. With dd and ds we went to a midwife practice so their us was so fuzzy you couldn't see anything honestly they used them strictly for checking on health and didn't care much about sex (which is why they got ds wrong). So I'm excited too!
    FX they get it right this time!! 
  • Just check their policy. On my scan letter it didn't say I couldn't take a child but once in waiting room a sign at reception said no kids in while scan being done. I asked and said that you didn't tell me so how could I know.

I managed to take 5yo in with DH and myself but they said not to bring him at 20w scan as sonographer needs to concentrate.
    I get it if you have 3 rowdy kids but DS is good as gold and just sits there.

At least DS got to find out we were expecting while there and see our little Pippo sliding about in there! It helps them understand and starts them getting excited etc. he hasn't stopped giving my belly love since!
    BabyFetus Ticker

#1 Son born: 18 June 2008 :) 
     #2 M/C: 23 January 2014 at 5w,2d :( 
     #3 BFP: 28 April 2014. Yay! EDD: 6th January 2015
  • @YaMrWhite‌ thankful I'm not one who cares too much or goes out and buys a whole bunch of gender specific stuff. I'd like another girl so my daughter could have a sister cause I think that's such a special bond.

LOUD NOISES!

K- born 7/5/2011

G- born 6/24/2013

• I wouldn't, but I can't speak for everyone's kids but our own. FI's daughter is almost 5, and I definitely wouldn't have her in the u/s room with us. She can't even sit still during a regular doctor's appointment (we've had to take her with us when DS had an appointment a few times and it was definitely challenging). I'd rather be able to focus on the tech, and the screen, and stuff without interruption.
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I bring my DD to every appointment and ultrasound. She is 16 months. They love having her. I give her a snack and she behaves well!
    BFP 07/14/2012, EDD 03/22/2013, DD born 03/21/2013
    BFP 05/20/2014, EDD 01/29/2015, DS born 01/14/2015
    BFP 04/25/2016, EDD 01/01/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had to take all three my kids to my last u/s. It went surprisingly well. My 3yo sat and looked at books the whole time. Is someone else going? I'd try to have someone else there in case the u/s is long (they can be) and she gets bored.

• I am going to take my 3 kids to my next scan so we can all find what we are having at the same time mind you my kids are all older so they will wait in the waiting room while the tech does her measurements and then call the girls in
  • I think I'm going to bring my daughter in- it's an elective u/s we are doing bc I wanted to surprise my hubby with finding out for his 30th bday/ we will prob bring her as it's a big room with a wall size screen and although she's only a year old and won't really understand I figure why not..she's really well behaved and we are going on a Saturday which is family day I don't really wanna pawn her off on family bc I don't want to tell anyone we are finding out until we know for sure and then we will tell them after
  • Are you talking about the anatomy scan or just a general ultrasound? I'm planning to take DS1 (almost 4) to an appointment so he can see LO on he ultrasound, but not to the anatomy scan because it's so long, and I'm sure he'd be bored before the end.
  • Our medical center doesn't allow kids in the u/s room so I wouldn't have a choice anyway, but I definitely couldn't depend on my almost 3 year old to sit still long enough...he's very energetic and gets bored easily.  Darn kid!

My A/S is scheduled at 8am on 08/07 so we've asked my ILs if they'll keep him overnight and take him to daycare in the morning so that H and I can go together before work... that's the one appointment he insists on being at of course.

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • I am having 2 A/S. My husband will go to my first one with the kids. My second one, and any potential ultrasound after that I'll probably go alone. I like to just focus on the screen and not distract the tech.

• It sounds like your SO is going with you, so I think that would be fine. I took my son to just a quick checkup by myself and that will be the last time I do that. From the waiting room to the exam room he was a crazy toddler fool. :) have fun!

BabyFruit Ticker

<p align="center"
  • Our hospital allows it, but when talking with the tech who did the NT Scan, she mentioned most techs find it hard to concentrate with children in the room.

Plus, it was with our 1st pregnancy that we received horrible news during our a/s. Not saying it will happen this time, but I still have anxiety going in and I don't want DD picking up on that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We took DD and she enjoyed going.  It's too hard for us to find a babysitter (new in town) and we'd prefer to go together so she's kind of stuck.  As long as your kid is pretty still and calm, they'll do fine.  A kid who needs to run around and be active most of the day wouldn't do well.
    imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

• amira2amira2 member
    Take her with you I'm sure she'd enjoy it. I take my 2 yr dd with me she sits laughs when they say c baby and they give her juice n graham crackers.i even take her to my ob and she always loves going with me. Plus she thinks she's doc mcstuffin and helps the doc check my blood pressure lol u will have to post once u find out what u r having and ur lovely daughters reaction.
  • my kid is way too active to take to something like that.  he might sit still for the first 10 minutes but after that, the novelty would wear off and that would be the end of it.  i have no idea what my OB office policy is either, we've just already decided that we're taking him to the drop-in daycare that afternoon (which he loves, so it's still a treat for him).  then we're going to the state fair without him (we'll take him another day).  hopefully it doesn't rain.  lol
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • My DD is 19 months and she's been to all of my ultrasounds so far. She is completely fascinated by them (once she gets past the realization that the doctor is not actually hurting Mommy!)

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"