January 2015 Moms

:::::Thursday Ticker Change:::::

This is a check-in for those ladies whose tickers change on Thursdays. (EDDs Jan 1, 8, 15, 22, 29). It will be posted weekly!

Here is a link to TB fruit size chart: https://m.thebump.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-tools/articles/how-big-is-baby.aspx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good Morning, Ladies! Happy Thursday!

Congrats to all for finally being out of the first trimester!!

Week/Fruit:

How are you feeling?

Appointments/Updates?

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently?

Rants/Raves:

QOTW: NURSERY!
1. Approximate size of the room to become the nursery.
2. What's the rooms current use?
3. Theme or color scheme picked out yet?
4. Anything else you've got planned for the nursery that you'd like to share?
5. PIP the room in its current state (if you've got one)!

dx:  Unexplained IF
 TTC since May 2011, 1 year trying, and then 3 TI, 2 IUI = BFN
IVF #1 (May 2013):  Antagonist Protocol: 
24R, 18M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 2 early blasts, no frosties = BFN
IVF #2 (August 2013):  Lupron Stop Protocol: 
28R, 23M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 1 partially hatched blast, 7 frosties = BFP
EDD 5/23/14, blighted ovum (6w6d), D&C (8w6d)
FET #1 (April 2014):  transferred 2 5d blasts = BFP
C.J. born 01/09/15

Re: :::::Thursday Ticker Change:::::

• Week/Fruit: 14..

How are you feeling? Okay.. just gagging and dry heaving a lot. It's getting annoying.

Appointments/Updates? Apt 8/4

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? I ordered a box of size 1diapers via Amazon Subscribe and Save to be delivered next month. Not sure if I count that.. I'm going to stock size 1 and 2 diapers (mostly 2) so when I'm on leave and getting paid at 66%, that's one less thing to buy.

Rants/Raves: danggg heaving and gagging!

1. Approximate size of the room to become the nursery. Small.. don't know exact dimensions.. it fits all the furniture but that's about it. 8 ft by 10 ft room maybe?
    2. What's the rooms current use? DD's room. We have another bedroom that we aren't using that we are moving her to.
    3. Theme or color scheme picked out yet? The room is green now with green and pink accents with a ladybug theme.
    4. Anything else you've got planned for the nursery that you'd like to share? If baby is a girl, we won't touch the room, just move the baby furniture back in. If baby is a boy, decor TBD
    5. PIP the room in its current state (if you've got one)! I'm on mobile.. let me check my phone

• Week/Fruit:  14 wks - Lemon

How are you feeling?  Pretty good - a little nausea this morning and an awful desire for pancakes right now (but my car is not here right now or I would be enjoying some pancakes right now)

Appointments/Updates?  I have a dr's appt today - just routine - I assume heartbeat and maybe discuss some next steps.  Dr. called me two days ago to tell me that the Panorama results were all good and that we are having a baby girl.

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently?  I bought some clothes at the Carters outlet the other day.  

Rants/Raves:  I am super scared of creating a Registry.  And I know DH is going to be of no help.  Oh and DH put two names on our potential baby names list that I do not like at all.

1. Approximate size of the room to become the nursery.  Small - 8x10?  7x10?  Something like that.

2. What's the rooms current use?  My nephew's bedroom (he's moving out)

3. Theme or color scheme picked out yet?  I think I am going to go with gray walls and then some pink accessories so that we can change it up if we have a second and it's a boy.

4. Anything else you've got planned for the nursery that you'd like to share?  My biggest concern for the nursery is what sort of chair I want to get for in there LOL

5. PIP the room in its current state (if you've got one)!  none available at this time.
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Here's a very old picture before DD was born.imageimage
  • mellizzardmellizzard member
    edited July 2014

Week/Fruit: 14/Lemon

How are you feeling? I feel great! I have more energy lately than I have had in a while.

Appointments/Updates? Officially in the second trimester!

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? I have been oh so tempted, but not yet. Trying to have some self control until we know baby's gender.

Rants/Raves: I thought I was over the bloating, but I'm starting to think that may still be the case. So, half bloat and half baby is what I have going on over here.

1. Approximate size of the room to become the nursery. 14.4 x 9.0

2. What's the rooms current use? It's our dogs room... but for the most part it's empty minus a giant dog kennel & old love seat my dogs love to sleep on. Don't judge.
    3. Theme or color scheme picked out yet? Boy: Light gray walls with navy and white/cream accents and white furniture. Girl: Beige walls with hints of pinks, purples, teal, and yellow (basically any fun bright color) with white furniture. I'm not big into themes, so no themes here.
    4. Anything else you've got planned for the nursery that you'd like to share? Our house was a foreclosure, and this is the only room that we have not given any TLC to... so it needs a lot of work, and since the dogs currently use it as their 'hang space' we'll need to give the carpets a good clean. I'm really looking forward to the transformation!
    5. PIP the room in its current state (if you've got one)! This is from the foreclosure listing a couple of years ago. It's still pretty much exactly the same except new carpet has been installed, the doors have a fresh coat of white paint, and oil-rubbed bronze door handles have been put on the doors.

• Week/Fruit: Onion 17w

How are you feeling? Feeling pretty good

Appointments/Updates? Seeing the OB today!

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? Bought my first baby outfit at baby gap this weekend

Rants/Raves:  I need a vacation but can't because I will only have 4 weeks saved for maternity leave.  No summer getaway for this mama.

1. Approximate size of the room to become the nursery. Moving next week not sure of the size
    3. Theme or color scheme picked out yet? Not until I find out the sex

BabyFruit Ticker

• Week/Fruit: 17 weeks - onion!

How are you feeling? Starting to feel a little large... My fett had been killing me but I bought this amazing new Sketcher Memory Foam shoes and I feel completely better.

Appointments/Updates?  Seen OB yesterday.  Things to be going well.  Will be scheduling the big U/S within the next few weeks.

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? Not really... Although my mother did get DS a t-shirt that says "Big Bro".

Rants/Raves:  I too need a vacation! 

As far as the nursery... I don't get into that whole thing (oh my!  a sin I know..) Baby will have his crib and will use the same bedding as DS - Snoopy.  Nothing over the top, but that's just how I am.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Week/Fruit: 17/Onion

How are you feeling? Feeling fine, but starting to have a harder time finding a comfortable position to sleep in.

Appointments/Updates? I had my elective ultrasound last Saturday so we now know it's a boy!! My anatomy scan is on the 18th so I'm looking forward to seeing him again :) 

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? After we found out the sex on Saturday we went to the mall and picked up a cute little outfit with a fox on a onesie and a little sweat suit. The hoodie has little ears on it. It's to die for.

Rants/Raves: None at the moment!

1. Approximate size of the room to become the nursery. It's a square.
    Probably 8x8 or 9x9.
    2. What's the rooms current use? It's currently the guest bedroom, but we'll be moving the guest bed into the office (the bigger of the 2 spare rooms).
    3. Theme or color scheme picked out yet? It's either going to be a forest creatures theme or a nautical theme (whales).
    4. Anything else you've got planned for the nursery that you'd like to share? I don't have  a whole lot planned as I'm probably going to be moving to Maine soon after the baby is born.
    5. PIP the room in its current state (if you've got one)! It's current state is a disaster, and I'm about 30 minutes away from it...so you'll just have to use your imagination :)
    Jan15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Fails
    TTC Since 4/13 | Me: 28 DH: 29 | DX: PCOS + High T + Arcuate Uterus (11/13)
    Cycle #1+2 (4/13-6/13): Natural Cycles = BFN | Cycle #3+4 (6/13-11/13): Anovulatory (Provera)
    Cycle #5 (11/13-1/14): Femara + Clomid + Follistim = Cancelled | Cycle #6 (1/14-3/14): Benched
    Cycle #7 (3/14-4/14): Femara + Follistim + Estradiol + Pregnyl + Progesterone
    BFP: 4/22/14 | Due: 1/1/15 | TEAM BLUE!

• Week/Fruit: 15 Navel Orange!

How are you feeling? Great!

Appointments/Updates? Anatomy scan on 8/15

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? We broke down and bought a teddy bear that was on sale at BRU. We went in to look at cribs and buy a registry gift for a friend but the deal was so good on the bear, we got it.

Rants/Raves: None

Decent size, 10x10 maybe? 12x12?
    Literally an empty room. DH and I moved into our house and bought a 5 bedroom just for the 2 of us so that's the only room we have nothing in.
    A gender neutral color like yellow or gray or green so hopefully we don't need to repaint for baby 2
    Spent a ton of time looking at cribs and furniture over the last week. We decided on getting a convertible bed so we can get more use out of it. Otherwise, that's all that's planned.
    Not at present
    DS born 1/8/2015
    BFP 1/5/2016   EDD 9/17/2016

• Hi ladies! Love reading about your nursery plans!

Week/Fruit: 14/lemon

How are you feeling? Starting to feel more energetic and less sick, yay!!

Appointments/Updates? Next appt 8/14

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? Nope

Rants/Raves: Daycare lady is on vacation this week so my ILs are watching DS, they just love it! The have gone to the zoo, a kids concert and took him for a bike ride. They live 2.5 hrs away and I'm really glad they could help us out.

Unsure, it's small though
    2. What's the rooms current use? Office/craft room/junk room, it's bad
    3. Theme or color scheme picked out yet? Gray and ??, will reuse some things from DS
    4. Anything else you've got planned for the nursery that you'd like to share? We need to clean out the room first, I have a sign on the door that says "Welcome to the Room of Shame!" because we still have a few boxes left to unpack from moving. I also have a lot of crafting/sewing supplies that are not well organized.
    5. PIP the room in its current state (if you've got one)! Uh, it's the Room of Shame, I'm not sharing any pictures of that!
  • pray67pray67 member
    Week/Fruit: 16 weeks/Avocado

How are you feeling? Okay overall. Have heartburns and a little trouble sleeping on the side. It’s just not comfortable

Appointments/Updates? Have one next week. Will know more then. It will also be the second part of the quad screening.

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? None yet. DH and I want to buy most of the stuff after we know if we are having a boy or girl. But I think I am going indulge in some this weekend. ;)

Rants/Raves: Lot of tossing and turning on bed. So I am usually groggy and irritable in the mornings. 
    (:|

1. Approximate size of the room to become the nursery
    – We are currently in a rental apartment. So we are not having a separate room. We could use the guest bedroom but we will be having guests visiting us. So at this point it will just have be in our room.
    Not yet but, maybe a jungle theme or a coral theme. Just want something colorful.
    4. Anything else you've got planned for the nursery that you'd like to share? Still thinking.
    None yet
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Week/Fruit:

How are you feeling? Still pukey...kill me

Appointments/Updates? Had our ultrascreen US this morning.  We weren't able to get the neck roll measurement but the little nugget is looking good!

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? Lord no.  I haven't even thought about shopping for this baby.

Rants/Raves: I feel like a total fail.  Everyone is all "I had to buy this onesie" or "bought a crib!" and I am over here like...uh, this kid will have a car seat and my boobs. That's all they need for the first couple months anyway, right?!  Kid #1 and #2 are keeping me too busy to be obsessing at week 14.

My girls: August 14, 2011 and December 5, 2013

• Week/Fruit: 17/onion!

How are you feeling? not bad, with the exception of some really bad leg cramps in the middle of the night

Appointments/Updates? between appointments at the moment. waiting for results of part two of the NT scan and then our anatomy scan is August 6.

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? nope. I want to hold off because if it's a girl we won't need anything at all. My SIL just announced she is pregnant with her first so the focus is completely off of us now. It's kind of nice to tell you the truth.

Rants/Raves: someone ate my lunch out of the work fridge today. I'm not that mad because it meant a trip to Chipotle, but I wish they'd return my container.

no idea
    2. What's the rooms current use? officially a spare bedroom but right now there's a bunch of junk on the bed and the disassembled crib on the floor. My cats mainly use it to sleep.
    3. Theme or color scheme picked out yet? nothing, just want to get the god awful pale yellow off the wall.
    4. Anything else you've got planned for the nursery that you'd like to share? We will for sure be re-doing the closet. With DD, we did the efla system from Container Store and I love it. I'd like to do the same with this one so that everything has a place.

5. PIP the room in its current state (if you've got one)! Don't think I have one.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Week/Fruit: 15/naval orange

How are you feeling? Still tired, on and off headaches & nausea....

Appointments/Updates? None. Just waiting anxiously for my Panorama test results

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? No. I'm a little scared to do anything this early, especially after my m/c last year

Rants/Raves: nothing baby related! I just hate my job :(

1. Approximate size of the room to become the nursery. No idea...kinda small
    2. What's the rooms current use? Junk room/second closet for me!
    3. Theme or color scheme picked out yet? Nope
    4. Anything else you've got planned for the nursery that you'd like to share? Not yet
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Week/Fruit: 14/lemon

How are you feeling? No more nausea!  Yay!  

Appointments/Updates? Materniti21 came back with no increased risks, doc doesn't recommend amnio.  No more app'ts until 8/11.

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? I bought a darling little gray outfit (we're team green) and a friend sent two halo sleepers.  She just had a shower and my guess is she got several.  Hey, we'll take 'em!  

Rants/Raves: Not really any.

I think it's small, but friends who saw it this weekend said it was big, so who knows.
    2. What's the rooms current use?  overflow guests.  It's pretty empty, except for the closet.  We built our house last summer intending this room to be a nursery.
    3. Theme or color scheme picked out yet? We are most likely going with a rainbow theme.  I plan on having crib sheet and skirt made out of a Rainbow Chevron and coordinating dot pattern.   
    4. Anything else you've got planned for the nursery that you'd like to share? Debating between a Tiffany Blue or Navy blue for the walls.  We're painting a dresser apple green.  Curtains will be white with yellow pompom fringe.  Likely a yellow & white rug.  Probably a white crib, although Land of Nod now has a navy crib and now I'm debating that.  I LOVE color and I've given this a lot of thought. It's incredibly hard to find gender neutral, not boring nursery decor.  
    5. PIP the room in its current state (if you've got one)! No pics.  It's an empty room with gray walls and gray carpet.  
  • Week/Fruit: 16 weeks, avocado!

How are you feeling? Feeling good. Peeing a lot!

Appointments/Updates? No app until Aug 11 for our a/s.

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? Not recently. I'm waiting until we find out the sex on the 11. Then it will be a free for all shopping!!

Rants/Raves: I love Mexican food!! Seriously can't get enough!

1. Approximate size of the room to become the nursery. Smallish

2. What's the rooms current use? Guest room/ storage/ cat room

3. Theme or color scheme picked out yet? For a boy I'm thinking green, blue, gray, maybe some yellow. Probably some animals somewhere in there. For a girl I'm thinking pink and teal.

4. Anything else you've got planned for the nursery that you'd like to share? Again, once we find out the sex I'll have a clearer idea of what I want to do.

photo e9455f4d-9751-469e-a19f-460104cd2e5c.jpg photo jan15.jpg
    BFP #1 5/20/10 Natural MC at 5w4d 5/28/10
    BFP #2 11/3/10; BO at u/s 10w6d 12/16/10; Natural MC 1/7/11; D&C 4/21/11
    BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
    BFP#4 4/27/14 Stick, stick, stick!! 8/11/14 It's a Boy! Evan Wesley born 1/8/15
    "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    This time I'm not leaving without you.
  • Week 16 avocados
    Feeling still sick but okay with nausea meds
    Appt Wednesday disappointing. We saw the babies for about. 2 min and heard the heartbeat. I wanted to find out the genders but they wanted us to wait to see our high risk doc 8/7. Insert pout here.
    Stuff: a few gender neutral onesies, diapers, sheets, towels...basically mostly stuff I can find at the Arc or Goodwill. I ran a budget based on all new. Yikes and not a chance. Plus deal hunting has been way more fun.

Nursery:
    We haven't taken measurements yet.
    It is the 2nd guest bedroom
    We are leaving the grey/blue walls and the bird theme
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"