December 2013 Moms

has anyone used PODS? I have lots of questions!

...or something similar?  What was your experience?  Any tips/advice?

i'm obviously insane and we found a house we love so we're busting our asses  to get our house on the market in the next couple weeks (and by 'we' I mean I'm paying people to come do stuff since my husband is always out of town).  I need to declutter, as if that's even possible with 3 little ones, and our realtor suggested getting a POD.  We've moved several times but they weren't available in our areas at the time so we've never used one.  So let me get this straight, they deliver and then we fill it.  Is it an option to keep it here in our driveway?   Could someone potentially break into it?  Or they can take it to their 'secure climate controlled facility' then deliver it to our new home.  Our driveway is also not completely flat, is that an issue?  Are they gentle when transporting, or does stuff get shifted/broken?
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: has anyone used PODS? I have lots of questions!

• Missykisses85Missykisses85 member
    edited July 2014
    I have used pods its awesome!

They deliver you fill and they can pick up and store or you keep it on your property.

You can buy a lock for like 15 bucks, so worth it.

Plan before you load stuff will shift but there are tie off posts every few few along the side.

Wrap items that you dont want knocked up in drop clothes to prevent damage if shifting occurs.

I think as long as your drive way is close to even you are fine they charge extra for drop off on uneven surfaces.

Eta was going to fix knocked up to nicked. But..... Auto correct is kind of funny (wrap it up!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"