December 2013 Moms

Blueberries

Random solids question. I've been doing a mix of chunky purées and bite sized foods for my LO (7 months). Has anyone given chopped up blueberries and if so do the skins cause an issue (LO kept gagging / spitting them out)? Any other suggestions on how to serve blueberries? Id rather not purée.
Baby Girl Cbowl born 12/2013.   Love love love.

Re: Blueberries

• bty19bty19 member
    I just bite them in half and let her feed herself like she would with puffs. She LOVES them and starts to buck back and forth when I pull them out of the fridge
    this

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• CbowlCbowl member
    I tried quartering them but they still seemed to big. I'm a huge baby about gagging.

• Loading the player...
  • ChiAmyChiAmy member

Anya has the same issue.  Everytime I have tried she has gagged and then puked.

• Wellllll you don't want to puree but here's the recipe from my baby cook book:
    puree, push puree through a fine sieve, then heat over medium low until hot, 3-5 min. The sieve removes the skin and the heating breaks down fibers and aids in digestion. According to this book.
     I only did it this way once with DS1 because it's time consuming. But he always liked that batch a lot. 

• CbowlCbowl member
    Thanks @SusanC111‌ ! The skins seem to be the issue. I will try this!

• We just cut the blueberries in half and let DD feed herself. She used to gag on them, but after a couple weeks, she doesn't now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"