January 2015 Moms

15 weeks and haven't gained any weight...

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm 15w3d today. I started out at 135 before I got pregnant. The first few weeks of morning sickness brought me down to 130, now I'm up to 133 and I've been at 133 for a few months now.

I still have random times when I get sick, sometimes a few times a day. I eat enough to stay nourished and I take my prenatals every day so I'm not worried about not getting enough nutrients for myself or the baby.

My doctor hasn't said anything about the lack of weight gain at my appointments and says I'm measuring normal. I go back on the 5th of August and I plan on asking her about it then if I still haven't gained anything.

I also don't see much of a difference in my bump from week to week. My mother just informed me that she didn't start showing until her 5th month when she had my brother, so that brought me a little relief.

Re: 15 weeks and haven't gained any weight...

• Everyone is different- I had a tiny pudge between 16-18 weeks with my first but didn't look like a baby until after 20wks (maybe 22- I can't remember). The weight will come!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm a little over 16 weeks and don't have a noticeable baby bump. Also I've only gained 3 pounds during pregnancy..... So far. I figure with it being my first I wont show for a few more weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh don't worry..I have the smallest bump at 14wks and I have really only gained like a pound or so. I was told I really wont show much until 20 -25 weeks. My GF is 23 weeks and she said it just popped out like 3 weeks prior. 

I think sometimes my bump maybe be cheeseburgers...so I don't get my hopes up that I am showing yet.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited July 2014
    If your doctor isn't concerned there is no reason for you to be... it's normal to lose some weight in the beginning when you have MS.  Also, everyone is different... some gain very little in the beginning but then gain a good amount later in pregnancy.... at this point, I think you're still OK but when in doubt just check in with your doctor.

Also, if this is your first baby, the lack of bump at 15 weeks isn't a worry either... I looked like that my first time around 15 weeks (barely anything at all)... many don't have what you'd call a real bump until more around 20+ weeks and that's normal... again, everyone is different.

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • This is my first baby so that makes sense. I read a few times that I should have gained about 5-10 pounds by now but my morning sickness hasn't completely gone away and I don't have the biggest appetite either. I just need to keep reminding myself that everyone's pregnancy is different, I see all these cute little bumps on here in weeks earlier than mine and I wonder where mine is :(
  • I've lost 10lbs during pregnancy. I was heavy to start and I'm starting to pop out a little. I haven't really been sick, so I'm not sure why I'm dropping weight like I am. I'm mostly bloat right now but it's getting harder to hide.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm showing like crazy, 16w today, and have only gained a total of 2lb. I was up 4 at my first OB appointment, but last week was weighed in 2lbs less. *shrug*
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have a bump going but I haven't gained any weight. Every month is different one month I gained like 6lbs and the next I gained one. I have incorporated more food into my diet but overall I try and eat very healthy. I gained 33lbs last time and I am trying really hard this time to keep that number between 25-30 so I am being slightly careful about what I eat! 
  • your fine. With my first I didn't gain more than a couple pounds till around 18 weeks and then somehow still managed to gain 50 by the end! As long as you are drinking lots of water and eating a wide variety of nutrients, you are doing the best you can for your health/baby. 
  • mc0113mc0113 member
    I'm 17 weeks tomorrow and still sticking around at 2 pounds gained. As long as your eating, not hungry and taking your prenatal's you'll be fine. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This was me until this past week I out of the blue put on 4lbs and haven't been over eating at all.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Want mine? :)

Aww jealous...I want my belly.
  • I'm still down 8 pounds at 13 weeks. I think it's fine if you're taking prenatals and eating when you can. Don't worry!

"As long as I live you will live. As long as I live you will be loved."

BFP#1 3/31/12 EDD 12/1/12,No HB 6/6/12 (14 weeks 4 days), D&C 6/11/12 (15 weeks 2 days)*Arabella Ann*

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#2 5/21/14 EDD 1/27/15 *GROW BABY GROW*

• jnedenjneden member
    Yes I had this with my first pregnancy and again with this one. Don't worry you will start to gain wait. I ended up gaining 34 pounds last pregnancy. You gain more in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters. Talk to your doctor and if he/she is not concerned don't worry too much about it. 
  • Thank you for all the replies! I'm glad to know that I'm not alone! I'm going to ask my doctor what her plan is for me as far as gaining weight in each of the trimesters is at my next visit in a few weeks :)
  • It's ok. I'm 16 weeks tomorrow and I've gained 3 pounds. I am showing - I definitely have a small bump, but it's been weeks and weeks since I've gained anything. It's just different for everyone. I just know I'm still feeling too sick and therefore I'm not eating enough calories to be really gaining weight yet. I'm REALLY hoping this changes.
  • wanna trade?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Pips09Pips09 member
    I wouldn't worry about it! I lost almost 10 lbs first tri with my first baby, from being so sick. I've made up for it this time around.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Stargirlb said:
    your fine. With my first I didn't gain more than a couple pounds till around 18 weeks and then somehow still managed to gain 50 by the end! As long as you are drinking lots of water and eating a wide variety of nutrients, you are doing the best you can for your health/baby. 
    This was me exactly. I thought I was doing so well and then boom! 
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I haven't gained any yet either, but then again I was told I should aim for a total gain between 0-15lbs. My doc said that basically anything you gain before 20 weeks is all you, no baby.
    imageimage
  • Haha oh believe me I'm not complaining about not gaining weight, I was a little more concerned. I just can't wait to see an actual bump instead of looking like I drank a bunch of beer :/
  • I am almost 17 weeks and have gained 7 lbs. It wasn't very noticeable until the last week. I really just look a little thicker in the middle.
    D14 - Free For All
    In loving memory of Baby HP42 and all D14 Angel Babies

• JEALOUS of you OP. I gained 8 lbs right off the bat even with morning sickness
  • jmcmoejmcmoe member
    Am I the only one who gets bitter reading all these posts about not gaining weight!!!! Like seriously I have gained 10+lbs and I have not been binge eating or anything...I don't eat sugar, drink juice or pop and rarely eat bread...so wtf! (This is my 2nd baby, but it was the same with the first) I know you may be concerned but there is another one of these posts every other day and it's getting old (not trying to be a bitch but it makes me feel even worse about my gain) so unless your doctor is concerned, stop posting the same shit!
  • jmcmoe said:

Am I the only one who gets bitter reading all these posts about not gaining weight!!!! Like seriously I have gained 10+lbs and I have not been binge eating or anything...I don't eat sugar, drink juice or pop and rarely eat bread...so wtf! (This is my 2nd baby, but it was the same with the first) I know you may be concerned but there is another one of these posts every other day and it's getting old (not trying to be a bitch but it makes me feel even worse about my gain) so unless your doctor is concerned, stop posting the same shit!

I'm sorry but I don't frequent these forums as much as everyone else I only check in every few days. Actually I'm not sorry because just like everyone else and their questions I feel like I have the right to post my questions or concerns on here. You don't have to read the posts if it's something you don't want to read. (Not trying to be a bitch but...)
  • I haven't gained either yet with twins. It has actually been a bit of a relief because I need to be careful with weight gain due to a lower back condition. but at almost 16 weeks I am starting to get a little concerned but figure that I will check with my docs at my next appointments.
  • I've been in a weird delemma of "if it's baby or fat"... I'm 14.2 weeks... I feel like I have a bit of a bump but I looked the same before pregnancy if I ate too much! This is my first and it is such a weird mental transition when you compare yourself to others and I know we are all different, it's weird when you're in charge of another life! I've lost a little weight. I think this is due to the fact that I had shoulder surgery at 2 weeks and didn't know... I went from no activity to a lot more and I think my body is just evening back out.
    Even if things are repeated, I like hearing what others have to say. We all worry, nice to know I am not alone and everyone is so different. I look forward to my bump, but also want to know it's baby before I flaunt it! :)
  • I've been in a weird delemma of "if it's baby or fat"... I'm 14.2 weeks... I feel like I have a bit of a bump but I looked the same before pregnancy if I ate too much! This is my first and it is such a weird mental transition when you compare yourself to others and I know we are all different, it's weird when you're in charge of another life! I've lost a little weight. I think this is due to the fact that I had shoulder surgery at 2 weeks and didn't know... I went from no activity to a lot more and I think my body is just evening back out.
    Even if things are repeated, I like hearing what others have to say. We all worry, nice to know I am not alone and everyone is so different. I look forward to my bump, but also want to know it's baby before I flaunt it! :)

I feel the same way! I'll be 16 weeks on Friday and I feel like I've gotten a little bump but I always had a little belly fat around my belly button so I feel like most of the time I just see that sticking out and think I'm seeing a bump. I can't wait until I can see a bump though! I hate taking pictures of my "bump" because I don't think it really looks like much. And comparing it from a few weeks ago to now it doesn't look much :( but our bumps will grow and we will be able to flaunt them when they do! And shoot who knows I could gain a bunch of weight in the next few weeks and catch up with everyone!

And thank you! I think that we should be able to post what we want on here and not get judged for it or have rude responses on our posts for it. I haven't found out the gender of my baby yet and it's killing me but I'm not going to respond to someone's post about them finding out the gender of theirs and try to make them feel bad about it.

• I lost 10 pounds by week 10/11. I'm still down a bit over 6 total at 15w5d and my midwife is happy with the progress. I'm bigger (especially the lower stomach/hips) anyway so she's not wanting me to gain a whole heck of a lot. I dont feel like I'm showing AT ALL and the only physical changes i've noticed are my slightly larger (and squishier) breasts. But i've had 2 people tell me it looks like I'm starting to get a bump and a couple of my friends who recently had babies are starting to sharing their maternity clothes with me. So I guess someone is noticing! I'm expecting a decent "is she fat or pregnant" period myself lol
  • sanbrysanbry member
    I started this pregnancy at 139, which is 5lbs less than when I started my first pregnancy. Then I somehow lost 2 lbs, and am now back to 139 again. I'll be 14 weeks on Friday. I'm cool with it. I'm not supposed to gain over 25 anyway.
  • I haven't gained either.  I go from losing to gaining week by week depending on the nausea but still not up to my pre-preggo weight.  My doc isn't worried as long as baby is looking good!
    4years TTC. Lap and HSG: 2/14. 1st EVER BFP: 4/7/14, CP 4/9/14. 2nd BFP: 5/5/14. 1st beta: 125 @ 12dpo
    2nd beta: 300!  Grow baby grow!!!! 

It's a BOY!!!!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers photo ryanutfan_zpsb610a7ac.jpg
  • I'm 16 weeks tomorrow and the scale hasn't moved. I had nausea in the first tri and lost 5-6 lbs in the early weeks which has slowly come back in the last month that I've been feeling better, so about even now with what I weighed the day I found out I was pregnant. My doctor isn't concerned, and says it will creep on eventually!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"