July 2014 Moms

Monday B*Fest (MBF 07/21)

I know it's early but there must be others out there awake and bitchy already. I can't be alone. Let's here it ladies!

Re: Monday B*Fest (MBF 07/21)

• Loading the player...
  • MSUDucks said:

Contractions every 10 min from 7pm to midnight. Then....nothing. Now I've got to go to work. I'm not fit for human interaction.

Booo!! This was me last Thursday - being on your A Game after that is impossible...so I basically just cleaned out my inbox all day...

My B - the food here at the hospital sucks...but I can't really say anything about it b/c i am 90% sure that my company does the food service here...but that still didn't stop me from making DH get me a wawa hoagie for dinner last night. I was starved.

• MBF: I don't think I've had any contractions.  Or if I have, they're sneaky ninja contractions masquerading as BH.  I know baby isn't super overdue yet but--come on, I've already burned 1 week of FMLA without a good reason other than my feet hurting and being the size of clown shoes.  I need something to show for this week--preferably an outside baby!

Also slept like crap last night, but not for any productive baby-related reasons.  Nope, my head and neck decided that my super soft pillow was the equivalent to a rock, so I had an ouchy night.  And I was too tired to do the smart thing and get up and take Tylenol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't like to bitch, but I'm needing to vent... I miss my mom! She died 3years ago and while she wasn't the most help with ds after he was born, she did visit once a week and bring dinner. I miss that! In addition to missing her, I am becoming resentful of MIL and SIL. MIL watches SIL's children during the school year. SIL is a teacher and off all summer. MIL promised me several times that she would be free and help and visit this summer. It's been one excuse after the other and she's only been over a few times to help. I keep finding out she's with SIL and caring for her kids who are 3 and 8 and SIL is off in the summer. They are going to the beach and amusement parks. I don't know why she said she'd help and is choosing to spend time with SIL's family instead. I feel like SIL is so needy and demanding of her mom and it's inconsiderate. Dh feels annoyed with his sister for monopolizing his mom, but doesn't want to bring it up. They are my kids and I can handle it, but not having my mom or much support from MIL leaves me feeling bitchy sometimes
  • I have today off as a reward for customer service scores. Tomorrow is my due date. I have been planning on getting a Stromboli from the pizza joint on my tiny town and just found out they are closed until 4. Lunch plans ruined.

• ADC1979 said:
    @abundancenow - So sorry on the loss of your mom, I'm sure this is especially a hard time to be without her.  Also sorry to hear about your MIL/SIL problems...any way you can convince DH to have a talk with your MIL at least?  MIL should at least be fair and try to split her time between both families, since it sounds like she lives close enough to both for that to be an option.

Thanks ADC1979- It's been an ongoing thing with dh's one sister and the family goes back and forth from b itching about how needy and helpless she is to accepting and enabling her. DD is a month old now, so I almost feel like its water under the bridge, l'm in a routine and needed the help in weeks passed. Dh has said things to his mom, but nothing very direct. I just keep quiet bc I fear lack of sleep would have me sounding p issued and I want to keep the peace.
  • I really hate having my time wasted. We're hiring a cleaner so that DW and I can spend more time doing things with the kids. We interviewed this one girl and she was great! Great personality, dressed appropriately and she seemed to be very excited to do the job. She was supposed to start yesterday. Did she come? No. She did call? No. Did she even pick up when we called? Not even. WTF? Naturally, I hope nothing went wrong. Like an accident or something. But, I can't help but feel like she just backed out.
  • @symphony4586 -- poor puppy! and poor you... dog barf is the WORST to clean up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Today is DH's first day back to work since we had DD. I'm fine with the baby and she's perfectly content but I'm irrationally emotional over him being at work. We very rarely get time together because of our jobs so the past week has been pretty incredible. Despite major swelling and pain and crazy emotions I enjoyed our time together so much.

These hormones have me all kinds of mush. Ugh.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• So I got home yesterday to discover that my MIL had cleaned and reorganized everything. Now I know that there are worse things in the world then that and DH thinks it's great but I can't help being a little pissed off about it. Now if she had told us that she was going to do it I probably would be agreeing with DH but I kind of feel like the way she did it was either treating us like children who are completely incapable of taking care of ourselves or a passive aggressive hint that she doesn't approve of my cleaning abilities...I'm leaning towards the first one because she seems to make a habit of not realizing that we're adults. And yes there was laundry that needed to be done but that's because I wanted to do it all today because my s-cection is tomorrow and I wanted there to be clean clothes for DH for as long as possible. Besides I am just really prickly about people going through my stuff particularly when they don't have permission to be doing so.
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @symphony4586 - this is my mom to a T.  I don't want to complain when she's doing something nice, but it's always when I want to be left alone.  She always texts me at 7am and asks if I want her to buy us something.  At 7am during the week, I'm getting ready for work (and I'm probably late) and on the weekend pre kids, I was sleeping.  
    DS is still suffering from reflux issues, despite me elevating the head of his mattress, giving him grip water, and holding him upright for 30 minutes after each feeding. And doing all these things by myself, for each of the four nighttime feedings. I'm tempted to go stab my sweetly sleeping husband, and I'm pretty sure I could get acquitted because of sleep-deprivation induced insanity.

My LO is on zantac for the reflux, and it took like 2 weeks, but it's definitely helping.  Also, sometimes I "accidentally" wake DH up.  And since he's up, he can get that next bottle, thanks so much for offering.  :)  
    //

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

::formerly csmith - regular/lurker since Nov13:: 
  • I asked DH to sweep today, and he did a freaking awful job. I'm not going to ask him to re-do it because I've been such a megabitch to him lately. I would passive aggressively go re-sweep but bending over to use the dust pan is too big of a PITA to bother.
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • MSUDucks said:

@gallifreygirl‌ I'm the same way about "my stuff" it's a weird quirk and I wish I was better about it but I mega-hate other people rearranging things or doing my laundry unless they are asked. My mil helped clean for us a little once in the past and she rearranged our stuff all the time - drove me crazy. Also, I get squiked out about anyone touching my dirty clothes/underwear besides me or DH. It's not that you don't appreciate the help!

^ all of this! Feel exactly the same way as you ladies. It's one thing to ask if help is needed, etc but the whole sorting through dirty laundry and moving stuff is not ok. Especially if something gets rearranged and then I couldn't find it.
  • Bf1: in the last 3 days my dog has started to use the nursery as her personal bathroom. Wth. I can't bend and clean and I just cleaned the carpets upstairs in preparation for baby.
  • More of a WTF but, apparently I have the power to bend metal with my fingers alone. No, seriously. The rose gold ring I got 1 or 2 months ago. The yellow gold one is my wedding band. Both were perfectly round in the beginning. Now look at them. My engagement ring didn't bend thank goodness! But aside from that, how the hell did I manage to bend them?! Is that not freakish?! Wtf fingers. Wtf.
  • darkangel42darkangel42 member
    edited July 2014
    I spent the morning and part of the afternoon clearing weeds frm beween the pavement for my mother in law.
    My back is really hurting and I came back in the house completely filthy. The back pain and dirt (even though I've showered) are stil making me excessively angry.
    I guess my bitch is that being useful should not equal being in pain.

Edit: I'm irrationally angry today, I think it's the heat.
  • DH I get you're a work-a-holic and being off is killing you but get a grip on your fucking attitude. You don't have to talk snotty when I interrupt your computer work. I didn't know you were working! Get a grip. You aren't going to be fired for taking a couple weeks off. All your accounts will fucking survive.

Bitch 2: gas drops you SUCK.
  • I have had so many problems breast feeding DS that I get so anxious when people are at the house during our feeding times. I feel like they're just waiting around for us to be done.

A friend brought us dinner and is hanging out, so I knew she would be here. She is also one of my closest friends and knows how much trouble we've had nursing, and I think she understands.

But then MIL shows up out of nowhere to hang out too, even though DH and I have asked her to give us a heads up when she might come over so we can tell her whether to wait a half hour or so.

I know it's not really a big deal, but DS and I are just getting the hang of things and he is 10 days old. It's been a rough road. I'm not comfortable with my boobs on display in front of company, but I also don't like feeling like I have to hide to feed my son. Nursing covers just don't cut it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @MSUDucks‌ thank you! Glad to have fellow mamas here who understand.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mr&MrsMTA said:

beff12 said:

My MBF is that I feel like a freak. Anytime I have a contraction I think, "man, if only it hurt more," I get excited when my stomach starts to hurt, etc. I've never in my life wished pain upon myself until this week...such a weirdo!

Your are not a freak I have the same wish...I also wish everytime I stand up the my water will break so I do not have to be induced with pitocin.

I still had to be induced with pitocin even though my water broke first...

• My husbands work screwed up his paycheck this week. He even told his boss that it looked like there would be issues because his handheld was wiped clean and wasn't showing the right numbers. She told him everything showed up on her end right. And what do you know my husband was right! So today he had to spend an extra 2 hours at work getting it straightened out! Ugh!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"