January 2015 Moms

Babymoon!?!

My husband and I do want to take one last rip before baby boo arrives, but have no idea where. Are you planning on going on one? Where? When? And if not where would you go if you could?

Re: Babymoon!?!

• We are!!! September = Jamaica for us. We chose an all inclusive sandals resort. It'll be right before I turn 6 months. :) I can't wait.
  • I want to go to china
  • Loading the player...
  • No trip for us. I've got 3 kids though, so that's why.
    I didn't expect to get KU, we would have been going on a trip in spring.

• We just went to Hawaii last month. I'd love to take a short cruise, but with my pregnancy being high risk it makes me nervous.
  • edited July 2014
    We are headed out on an Alaskan cruise (courtesy of my parents) next week! This was planned before I got pregnant so it just turned out this way. We are so thankful for this trip. My grandfather used to take the family on vacations and my dad is continuing that tradition.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We're going to Hawaii in December. I'm nervous about it as I'll be 33 weeks and 34 weeks on the flight home. BUT, my parents are taking us and otherwise we'd never get the chance to go.
  • We are going to Sweden in September. DH has to go for work so I'm tagging along and then we may do some other cities after his meeting. I can't wait!
    *Baby #2*
    Due January 25, 2015
    Pregnancy Ticker

*George Julius*
    March 6, 2012*
    6lbs 15oz - 19.5"*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are hoping to go to Seattle or San Francisco for a few days in October. We will see if it actually pans out but that's the goal.
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • We are hoping to go to Seattle or San Francisco for a few days in October. We will see if it actually pans out but that's the goal.

Seattle is absolutely amazeballs. I went to college there and would move back in a heart beat if I could.

Seattle is absolutely amazeballs. I went to college there and would move back in a heart beat if I could.

I love Seattle! We had our honeymoon there and it was great. I'm leaving the choice up to DH. He's been to San Francisco once as a kid and I've never been so that would be fun but so much more $$!
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Going to Colorado this week! Leaving Thursday. Our anniversary is this week- so it's a combo anniversary/baby moon trip. Going to Denver area and doing lots of hiking in the mountains and eating ;)
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • We're doing a resort in Myrtle Beach, SC for a few days in September bookended with visits to family in Wilmington, NC and just outside Charlotte, NC.

We figured if feel pretty good in September and be showing a bit. Plus it's cheaper when everyone else goes back to school. We'll only be able to take advantage of that until our kid starts school!

Can't wait to meet my new niece on that trip too.
  • You will Love Jamaica! It's seriously amazing, before you reach the resort it's a little "rough" but the resorts are amazing! Clear waters, great food! And everyone is extermely nice! We stayed at one where we were not allowed to tip the workers. It was against policy! If you go off the resort make sure you go with the resort transport (at least that's what they recommend) and if you go to the shops, they will try everything and anything to get you to buy what they are selling! So if you don't want it, say no lol I learned the hard way! Haha but it is definitely an amazing experience!! Hope you have a blast!!
  • Greece the first two weeks of September. We almost didn't book it but I've heard the second tri is the best to do things in and it was now or never!

@tippster11 I live in Charlotte. LMK if you need any recommendations!
    DS born 1/8/2015
    BFP 1/5/2016   EDD 9/17/2016

• We did go on one last time to a resort not to far from our house. It was really nice, I want to again but we have traveled so much this year neither of us are very motivated to plan anything!
  • We went to Greece when I was pregnant the first time, but it didn't really turn out to be a 'babymoon' as such as we actually returned a year later with DS!  This summer, we're all going home for a visit for a month and I can't wait. :)
  • Going to Crete in a few weeks from now so excited ;)
  • We just came back from Punta Cana DR and was much needed!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • With #1 we did a semi-local (2 hour drive) spa and gourmet food 5-star inn weekend. With #2 it's our 5/10 year anniversary next month (5 years married, 10 years together) and had originally planned Europe, but knew since we were TTC that it might end up being something more local. We've changed plans to another spa/resort type weekend - but I'm still looking forward to it!
  • EdventEdvent member
    RLH0511 said:
    We just came back from Punta Cana DR and was much needed!

-------------------------------------
    Stuck in quote box :(

I used to live in the DR and miss the beaches so much! Now I live in Texas, and no offense to die hard Texans but it's so blah. We're going to Galveston next week (with DD) so at least I'll see the ocean, but it's no Caribbean!

Maybe we'll do a real babymoon later in the year but still can probably only manage South Padre Island

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We're going on a cruise beginning of september! Just hoping everything goes well :)
  • taralatarala member
    Aruba next month!

Ella Rose

1/17/15 born via IVF w/ ICSI

Spontaneous Twins!

Due January 2016

Follow our Journey

• After about a year of trying to have a baby with no success, my husband and I planned a trip with the plan to start really trying again after the trip. We are going to Madrid, Barcelona, Bali and Hong Kong. Three months after planning the trip we found out we were pregnant :) Now, I will be almost six months pregnant. Good thing we used points for business class. Should be quite the adventure. 
  • We just got married in February. Our honeymoon was booked for October. So now it's a honeymoon/babymoon. Maine for a week :D

• We're doing a couple of different small trips, but official plans haven't been made. We're likely going down to San Diego at the end of August for 5 days, then doing another maybe 3-4 day local trip at the beginning of October for my birthday.
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• @Megan8112 we were married in February also! We actually conceived this little Boo on our honeymoon in April ;)@KerBear8‌ @SebsMum‌ @Kiisu2014‌ we went to Greece for our honeymoon! We did Athens, santorini and Crete... @Kiisu2014‌ where are you staying in Crete? We had the best bed and breakfast with an amazing view. I can send you the link and view from our room. It is called Mama Nena's in Chania. We loved it! @MrsFreeman2010‌ we live in the San Francisco area and October is a perfect time to come. @ACH831‌ my husband is from Chicago so we make it back at least once a year ... My second favorite city and I love Wriggly ;) you are going to love it!

• With DD, we went to St. Thomas. It was amazing.

DH and I had planned on shipping DD off to Grandma's for a weekend and taking a mini babymoon to Key West. But then I decided that what I really want more than a trip somewhere is to be completely alone (a VERY rare thing as a SAHM!). So DH is going out of town with the guys in a couple weeks and I'm sending DD off to Grandma's. I can't wait!

Pregnancy Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Planning to go to Grenada in sept. I'm glad I'm not the only one going abroad, I've gotten some nasty comments from people that think it's irresponsible.
    5 IUIs and an IVF
    It's all worth it for Baby Boy, born 9/30/13!
    What do you know, Baby Girl just popped up! Due 1/2/15
  • We just got married in February. Our honeymoon was booked for October. So now it's a honeymoon/babymoon. Maine for a week :D

My husband and I are also going to Maine for a week in October. It was planned as our 4th anniversary trip but will now double as a baby moon.
  • kolaczka said:

We just got married in February. Our honeymoon was booked for October. So now it's a honeymoon/babymoon. Maine for a week :D

My husband and I are also going to Maine for a week in October. It was planned as our 4th anniversary trip but will now double as a baby moon.
    Yay! Everyone keeps joking that we were supposed to wait until the honeymoon to make a baby.

• mc0113mc0113 member
    We actually just went to China for 2 weeks in May - planned before baby but I was 7-9 weeks pregnant over the trip. That was our big trip for the year. If we do anything, we might go to our University this Fall for a weekend and stay in the neighboring town at a bed and breakfast.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Saracp78 said:

@Megan8112 we were married in February also! We actually conceived this little Boo on our honeymoon in April ;)

@KerBear8‌ @SebsMum‌ @Kiisu2014‌ we went to Greece for our honeymoon! We did Athens, santorini and Crete... @Kiisu2014‌ where are you staying in Crete? We had the best bed and breakfast with an amazing view. I can send you the link and view from our room. It is called Mama Nena's in Chania. We loved it!

@MrsFreeman2010‌ we live in the San Francisco area and October is a perfect time to come.

@ACH831‌ my husband is from Chicago so we make it back at least once a year ... My second favorite city and I love Wriggly ;) you are going to love it!

Thank you Sara too bad I've already booked and planned our itinerary we're staying in Heraklion thou and will rent an ATV to go around the island we don't know yet thou if we're gonna extend our vacation. I've been to Santorini it's marvelous and had been living in Athens for few years :) Greece is such a nice place.
  • We kind of did a "pre TTC moon." We were very lucky and got a bfp after the first month, so the trip is still 'fresh'. We went to Provence in France and hiked around, drank wine, and ate tons of soft (likely unpasturized) cheeses :)

This summer, we've also traveled a lot. I'm a teacher, so many vacations are saved for summer. We went camping in the Florida Keys, and on Wednesday we got back from visiting friends in New Mexico. We also got to hike in the Grand Canyon, which was awesome! We probably won't travel again until Thanksgiving to visit family (assuming doc allows it).
  • So my brother is having his engagement party back in our hometown in NJ on my 1 year anniversary.  Thus, the plan is for us to fly out to NJ a few days early, and rent a car and stay at the Jersey Shore just the two of a us for a few days as our joint anniversary/babymoon, and then drive back to my mom's house for the engagement party.  
    -Lily
    EDD: 1/27/15
    So excited for our rainbow baby!
  • We went to Puerto Vallarta for a wedding when I was about 7 weeks.  I felt terrible. It was all inclusive and I couldn't eat anything or drink anything.  After that experience (and partly because we can't really afford another blow out vacation this year), we're not doing anything terribly exciting.  Probably nothing. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"