February 2014 Moms

Dr Google & Sacral Dimple

versedversed member
edited July 2014 in February 2014 Moms
I mentioned in a previous diaper post that LO has a sacral dimple. I believe we all discussed these back when the babes were newborns.

I was googling about them to see if anyone else was having diapering issues or diaper recs out in the interwebs.

Well, some pics took me off course, and I went and followed links and pics and it all turned Dr Google before I knew what had happened.

Basically, I learned that the dimple is very common in Caucasians, however there are a couple cases when you should be concerned. One being if there's a tuft of hair nearby. Well, he has that. So, I went off and researched all the Spina Bifida links. Don't look at those pics if you can help it.

Anyways, we have our 6m appointment coming up, and I'm really not worried. I'm not noticing a club foot and he's never had hip problems. He does however have a number of midline abnormalities (lip tie, tongue tie, high palate), so maybe this is just another to add to the list.

Anyone addressed this dimple with their pedi? Anything to share? Like I said, not too worried, just going to bring it up.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Dr Google & Sacral Dimple

• My now 20 year old had one and the little hair patch and tongue tie. She is a beautiful woman no issues....the little hair patch was gone by age 4
  • Lo has one. They looked at it when he was born and said it was closed so it's ok.
  • Loading the player...
  • LO has it and was tongue tied. they said the dimple was low and nothing to be concerned about. they run in families, though - DH has one.
  • Both my kids have had the little dimple and bum hair, but there is no concern about either one.
  • My LO has the V shape- not really a dimple but still in the same category. Pedi looked at it briefly when I mentioned but seem entirely unconcerned so I'm staying away from Dr Google.

• Your pedi may order an ultrasound - though if no one's noticed or sent you for one by now then they're probably not concerned. Our DD has one and went for an ultrasound of her spine just to be sure.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers  
      Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited July 2014

M has two huge Mongolian spots on his lower back and bum...not the same thing but in the same area!

My 2nd and 3rd sons have/had these to! I'm Greek and the doc said its common- my first son didnt have them so when pierce was born I started freaking that I pushed to hard! Lol- ah to be young and dumb ;) they are both fine- DS3 you can still slightly see but only if your looking- he is 5
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"