Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Talking To Miscarriage Survivors - Do's & Don'ts

Hi all,

I am so sorry for your losses. I know your hearts are hurting just as mine did and continues to. I wanted to share this blog post in hopes of helping friends and family members know what to say and what not to say. Love to all of you.

https://waitingonsunshine.wordpress.com/2014/03/24/talking-to-miscarriage-survivors-dos-donts/

Re: Talking To Miscarriage Survivors - Do's & Don'ts

• I love this post! I have pretty much kept my miscarriages to myself - family and close friends only. But the longer I deal with my new reality, the more I wish I had the courage to write, post, or somehow share these same thoughts. Maybe I'll get brave enough one of these days. :)
    TTC since 8/13 
    BFP #1 - 1/15/14  MMC/D&C 3/6/14
    BFP #2 - 6/29/14 - on our first wedding anniversary! NMC 7/8/14
    BFP #3 - 2/11/15 - Also found out I have MTHFR deficiency - taking Foltx for more folic acid!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you for posting.  We were at my MIL's house with a bunch of family for dinner yesterday and I ended up telling them about my missed m/c and D&C scheduled for today.  Well, DH's brother's wife pulled me aside and first told me about how she "has heard about this happening to so many people lately"  and "it's so common" -- which just made me feel like she was minimalizing the hurt I was feeling.  And then she told me "if it's meant to be, it's meant to be."  Ugh. That was not what I wanted to hear.
    Married to DH since 6/30/2007
    Me: 32  DH: 32
    BFP #1: 4/1/2010 DS born: 12/3/10
    TTC #2 since 5/2014
    BFP # 2 : 6/16/14 EDD: 2/25/15  Missed Miscarriage discovered 7/10/14 D&C 7/17/14 Pathology results normal
    BFP #3
    : 10/21/14 EDD: 7/6/15  11/24/14:  Saw heartbeat! 
    Missed Miscarriage discovered 12/22/14 at 12w0d D&C 12/23/14 Pathology: Partial Molar Pregnancy/Triploidy
    ~~Currently benched following PMP~~ 
    **all AL welcome**

image image
    TTCAL January 2015 Siggy Challenge:  Animals in the snow
    Scumbag Penguin

• Loading the player...
  • Beautiful blog.  I had a friend text me and say she was going to the store and asked if I needed anything.  It just so happened we needed toilet paper and paper towels so I asked her for that.  Not only did it relieve me of the responsibility of having to go to the store, she also snuck in a sweet treat for my DH and I.  It was such a great surprise finding a treat and knowing that she loved us and was there for us.

Ashleigh (26) and Darren (26)
    Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014
    BFP #1 4-22-14  EDD 1-1-15
    8w u/s 5-22-14 Baby measuring 6w1d. Heartbeat detected
    Went to Dr. 5-30-14 due to bleeding. Prescribed progesterone
    Went to ER 6-1-14 2:30 AM - diagnosed with incomplete m/c
    6-6-14 natural m/c completed
    10-24-14 BFP #2 EDD 7-6-15 **Please** be our Rainbo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
                                                                    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Love this!
  • agt104agt104 member
    This is wonderful thanks for sharing 

Only one Love 
    Born in June, three weeks early 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"