April 2013 Moms

Wedding attire help

I'm in desperate need of help with a dress to wear to my friend's wedding this weekend.  The wedding is an After 5 event at a members only club in Downtown LA.  I would normally dress in black tie attire but the Bride wants it to be more semi-formal.  I want to wear a midi dress because cocktail dresses look way too short on me since i'm leggy.  So my question is; is print formal enough to wear to an event like this?  I found this dress that is really comfortable and I like that the print distracts from the stomach area.  If not, i'd wear a dress very similar to this but in all black.  Thought

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Wedding attire help

• Thank you ladies! @Mommy2BEL I got it at Ross after searching 6 other stores! It's one of those optical illusion "slimming" dress silhouettes so that's why I like it because it gives me a shape.

• Loading the player...
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    Ummm... pretty sure you don't need a pattern to give you the look of a super hot body, lady.  You look amazing.  I think the pattern might be a little too casual for an evening wedding, but no one has ever accused me of having great fashion sense so take that opinion for what it's worth.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kate_C said:
    Ummm... pretty sure you don't need a pattern to give you the look of a super hot body, lady.  You look amazing.  I think the pattern might be a little too casual for an evening wedding, but no one has ever accused me of having great fashion sense so take that opinion for what it's worth.  :)

:\">

• arschm02arschm02 member
    edited July 2014
    I LOVE this!!! Also, a choice of shoes or earrings could totally dress this up or down!
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Super flattering dress, you look great!  I agree w/ pp that with some dressy earings and shoes you are perfect for semi formal.
    imageimageimage
  • I don't think it's an optical illusion... I think it's just your bod haha
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • jthree said:

I think you can totally get away with the pattern if she wants it to be more semi-formal.

ETA: And you look gorgeous in that dress!!

That's what I was going to say -- you're following instructions (and you look amazing -- if I go buy that dress will my body look like that?!)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hot mama! I love it
  • Love the dress!

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"